Ramsdale, Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel, Tierney/Tavares

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Ramsdale, Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel, Tierney Thread

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:38 pm

This thread was a curse
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:15 pm

Tierney's crosses are shit 90% of the time. He doesn't look before hitting one, never finds a player making a run in.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:29 pm

The lot of 'em bar Ramsdale where kack today, cant blame Rammers for the goal Ben White"s "non defending" blocked his view.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:23 pm

Some fans jumping the gun on declaring our signings as a massive success before they’ve even played half a dozen games. A few have had 2 consecutive bad games.

All of them were poor today, will take some time before we can judge if any are a success.

Personally I think the transfer window was wasted, not against signing some youngsters but when you spend 160 million you expect some proven quality as well.

Probably would have stuck to signing Lokonga and one other.

White I’d have never have signed and don’t think I’d have brought in Odegaard either. That’s 80 million we could have spent on someone top notch and we could have brought Mavropanos and Saliba back.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:18 pm

This defence has conceded 3 goals in 5 games together.
Got exposed today by a couple of midfield errors.

Huge future for all of them.
The Doomers will of course expect perfection and troll them every time they don't achieve perfection (which no defence achieves ever), but their early record together stands up to scrutiny.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:33 am

So far I’d rate them like this:

White 5/10
Odegaard 4/10
Lokonga 6/10
Tavares 5/10
Tomiyasu 6/10
Ramsdale 8/10

Ramsdale has been the standout player of the signings, whilst a couple of the others have had a couple good games they’ve also had 2 or 3 bad ones.

Hopefully a couple of them will come good as well, but right now a few aren’t ready.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:38 am

Özim wrote:So far I’d rate them like this:

White 5/10
Odegaard 4/10
Lokonga 6/10
Tavares 5/10
Tomiyasu 6/10
Ramsdale 8/10

Ramsdale has been the standout player of the signings, whilst a couple of the others have had a couple good games they’ve also had 2 or 3 bad ones.

Hopefully a couple of them will come good as well, but right now a few aren’t ready.

:lol:
Shows how much you REALLY value player of the month nominations if you rate our actual player of the month a 6/10.

I think your ratings - as always - have an 'Arteta Bad' adjustment :sneaky2:

Formula - actual performance MINUS Arteta Bad coefficient if Arteta signed them, actual performance PLUS Arteta Bad coefficient if Arteta doesn't play them/loans them..right?
:sneaky:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:48 am

That’s based on how they’ve been not some over the top rating by overzealous fans.

A couple started very well but have tailed off, it’s early days of course, Lokonga was very good early on but has had a couple poor matches.

Ramsdale has been the most consistent.

The two biggest disappointments are the two most expensive ones, Odegaard and White, Odegaard has not done very much and is a passenger sometimes, White has made a few errors and his positional sense isn’t the best and when you consider the fee that’s not really good enough.

Didnt he’s said himself he hasn’t had the best start and got dropped from the England squad, so whatever you think is kinda meaningless since we’ve got two indicators right there he’s not been great.

It’s nothing to do with Arteta, but if you want me to rate him he’ll get 2/10 and that’s just for the Spurs game in which we played well in for 45 minutes, the rest has been awful.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:55 am

Özim wrote:That’s based on how they’ve been not some over the top rating by overzealous fans.

A couple started very well but have tailed off, it’s early days of course, Lokonga was very good early on but has had a couple poor matches.

The two biggest disappointments are the two most expensive ones, Odegaard and White, Odegaard has not done very much and is a passenger sometimes, White has made a few errors and his positional sense isn’t the best and when you consider the fee that’s not really good enough.

Didnt he’s said himself he hasn’t had the best start and got dropped from the England squad, so whatever you think is kinda meaningless since we’ve got two indicators right there he’s not been great.

It’s nothing to do with Arteta, but if you want me to rate him he’ll get 2/10 and that’s just for the Spurs game in which we played well in for 45 minutes, the rest has been awful.

I see, so you are the voice of reason then? I think not.

Since those players have come in and started playing together we have won 11 from 15 points and our defence has been excellent (mainly because of White, Ramsdale and Tomiyasu, but also Odegaards work rate defending from the front).
Tavares, less so because he's only played a bit, but looked good with whatever time he has been given.
Lokonga has impressed, but again not a great deal of playing time.

Arteta won the PL manager of the Month = 2/10???? :rofll:

I guess nominations for player of the month mean a lot only when its for a player who Arteta loaned, but actually Manager of the Month and Player of the Month award, not so much...because of the Arteta Bad coefficient. :sneaky2:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:13 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:That’s based on how they’ve been not some over the top rating by overzealous fans.

Since those players have come in and started playing together we have won 11 from 15 points and our defence has been excellent (mainly because of White, Ramsdale and Tomiyasu, but also Odegaards work rate defending from the front).
Tavares, less so because he's only played a bit, but looked good with whatever time he has been given.

I guess nominations for player of the month mean a lot only when its for a player who Arteta loaned, but actually Manager of the Month and Player of the Month award, not so much...because of the Arteta Bad coefficient. :sneaky2:

Manager of the month for winning 3 games, 2 of which were against sides who have 5 points from 48 this season and both were 1-0 wins (Norwich one had a very fortunate goal as well). The only decent game was Spurs where we played well for 45 minutes.

On that basis MOTM is very flawed because it doesn’t consider all factors.

As for the players it is what it is, you can harp on about the points but we were awful against Brighton and Palace and outclassed on the pitch and should have lost both, Lady Luck shone down on Arteta fortunately for him.

As I said some of the signings started well enough and have had a couple bad matches, Ramsdale is the only standout one so far. Tomiyasu was very good in September but he’s had a couple poor games since then, hence his 6/10, had he kept performing as he was he’d have got more like 8/10, but his performances have dropped off.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:28 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Manager of the month for winning 3 games, 2 of which were against sides who have 5 points from 48 this season and both were 1-0 wins (Norwich one had a very fortunate goal as well). The only decent game was Spurs where we played well for 45 minutes.

As for the players it is what it is, you can harp on about the points but we were awful against Brighton and Palace and outclassed on the pitch and should have lost both, Lady Luck shone down on Arteta fortunately for him.

As I said some of the signings started well enough and have had a couple bad matches, Ramsdale is the only standout one so far. Tomiyasu was very good in September but he’s had a couple poor games since then, hence his 6/10, had he kept performing as he was he’d have got more like 8/10, but his performances have dropped off.

A word salad to justify hypocrisy and yet another attack on our new young players who have started very well.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:51 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

A word salad to justify hypocrisy and yet another attack on our new young players who have started very well.

Chill out pal, it’s not an attack just stating the facts.

No hypocrisy at all, when someone has performed consistently well over time they’ll get the credit due, short bursts of good performances don’t mean that much as any player can have those and fall away, we’ve seen it many times in the past.

Like I said a few started well but they have a few not so good performances since then, I know you struggle to accept things like this, but that’s precisely what’s happened and that’s why I downgraded their rating so far a bit.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:15 am

Özim wrote:So far I’d rate them like this:

White 5/10
Odegaard 4/10
Lokonga 6/10
Tavares 5/10
Tomiyasu 6/10
Ramsdale 8/10

White 4/10
Odegaard 5/10
Lokonga 5/10
Tavares 5/10
Tomiyasu 7/10
Ramsdale 7/10

White has been very poor. Lokonga and tavares are young and nowhere near ready. Barely seen tavares.

Odegaard will come good if he stops listening to the pass sideways crap tactics and takes a few more risks.

Tomiyasu started off very well. Been poor last couple of games though.

Ramsdale hasn't done anything Leno wouldn't have. Whilst we did need a second keeper, a 30m one should be bossing it. He's not. Nevertheless he's done ok.

All in all, spent the most money in the summer. We sit in 13th. What we all knew then has been confirmed. A shocking summer.

Hopefully they'll all come good but with our manager, it's unlikely.

All Arsenal fans live in hope rather than expectations these days.

Dark times
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:23 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Here's a fact - these players have played 5 games together, picked up 11 points and only conceded 3 goals.
:arsenal3:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:32 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Here's a fact - these players have played 5 games together, picked up 11 points and only conceded 3 goals.
:arsenal3:

You’ve already said that, what does that prove exactly? It doesn’t tell you how well they played at all, we know in the last two games we’ve been awful, that stat doesn’t show that.

Again there’s no context.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk