Arteta Sack-O-Meter

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Sack-O-Meter

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:20 am

theHotHead wrote:Exactly OGS is shit, how can you have those riches and players and be that bad!!

4 wins and 2 draws in isolation looks pretty good, but when you look at the opposition we haven't done anything that any sane Arsenal fan wouldn't have expected - perhaps Spurs win aside. 5 games left in this 12 game run, it will definitely be interesting to see where we are and how we are playing by the end of it.

Interested you say that any sane Arsenal fan would have expected us to do as we've done over the last 6 games.

You didn't, though!
None of you guys who are overly negative did.
Your forecast kicked off this thread.
Are you saying you guys have gone insane? ;)
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:18 am

Reiss wrote:We're starting to build a good run of form now.

A big few weeks coming up with Leicester away, Liverpool away, Man Utd away and Everton away.
Hopefully Ole is still in charge when we play Utd
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:44 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Exactly OGS is shit, how can you have those riches and players and be that bad!!

4 wins and 2 draws in isolation looks pretty good, but when you look at the opposition we haven't done anything that any sane Arsenal fan wouldn't have expected - perhaps Spurs win aside. 5 games left in this 12 game run, it will definitely be interesting to see where we are and how we are playing by the end of it.

Interested you say that any sane Arsenal fan would have expected us to do as we've done over the last 6 games.

You didn't, though!

Thats because Arteta took us to such a level of low that those games were not a given. Im not going to start giving praise because we won games we should have been winning anyway, hence why I said Spurs game aside!!

You have accepted a new level of norm Jay, I habe not, I still hold Arsenal to the standards that EVERY Arsenal fan should be holding them to!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:48 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

You didn't, though!

Thats because Arteta took us to such a level of low that those games were not a given. Im not going to start giving praise because we won games we should have been winning anyway, hence why I said Spurs game aside!!

You have accepted a new level of norm Jay, I habe not, I still hold Arsenal to the standards that EVERY Arsenal fan should be holding them to!

The bottom line is that the last 6 games have exceeded your expectations. It's here in black and white!
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Hypergooner » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:20 am

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

You didn't, though!

The bottom line is that the last 6 games have exceeded your expectations. It's here in black and white!

Put some of this in perspective. Loosing to Brentford the way we did was bad but we did have loads of players out and they started the season on fire as an unknown quantity. Chelsea and City were always going to beat us. We haven't lost a game since (yet). Playing ugly and getting results used to be title winning form. We won't win the league but it isn't looking too bad. 3 points off 4th as it stands
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:32 am

Hypergooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

You didn't, though!

Put some of this in perspective. Loosing to Brentford the way we did was bad but we did have loads of players out and they started the season on fire as an unknown quantity. Chelsea and City were always going to beat us. We haven't lost a game since (yet). Playing ugly and getting results used to be title winning form. We won't win the league but it isn't looking too bad. 3 points off 4th as it stands

This is the important thing for me... My next checkpoint on Arteta is after the Christmas games - I want to be going to that New Years Day City game no more than 5 points off top 4 and within 3 points of 5th/6th. As long as we're in that position going into 2022, we've a good chance of getting top 6 which i would consider success this year.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Hypergooner » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:37 am

Most important for me is to avoid this stupid European conference league. The only benefit I can see in it is for our under 21s to get a run out.
We clearly need to be getting Europa league as a minimum this season but I must say I have no real interest in that either. Prem and CL are the only competitions worth talking about
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:27 pm

sackometer broken
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:27 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenalthebest » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:34 pm

**** *** with this thread I say.
Arsenalthebest

Postby Callum » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:35 pm

LEGOOOO MANNNNNN
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:42 pm

Arsenalthebest wrote:**** *** with this thread I say.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:44 pm

One game erases 2 awful years?

A game I might add we were shit in bar 20 mins. A wins a win but let's not rewrite history
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:52 pm

Sep/Oct form:

P8 W6 D2 L0 F15 A3

Read it and weep.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk