Major Refereeing Decisions

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Major Refereeing Decisions

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:49 pm

akindele1082 wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Clutching at straws in the worst possible way, loser mentality ... stop it we're better than this

The problem is if that major decisions continue to go against us at the rate they are, we actually are NOT 'better than this'. We will not be able to overcome it.

...and the reason for that Jay is we have a numpty for a manager and he has been found out.

What we think of the manager has nothing to do with tracking major refereeing decisions and how they effect us.

You and some others simply can't stop making every thread about Arteta.

STOP.

Happens to ever club, no worse for us than anyone else.

Reason for defeats and loss of points is nothing to do with that.

This is just an attempt to makes excuses for our very poor results, there are no excuses, we’re awful plain and simple.

The biggest lie ever in football.

Bad officiating towards this Club has been a thing since Wenger came in 96.

Also my thought, but every club does think it, hence the reason for recording the ratio game by game to see where we come out on the big decisions.
Last year with VAR decisions it nearly always seemed to go against us too, but never really took the time to list all the decisions as they happened.

They say luck evens itself out - but in reality it never seems to.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:46 pm

Arsenal victim mentality right there.

Poor old Arsenal everyone hates them, must be cos they win everything I guess!
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby billie86 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:33 pm

I hate blaming referees but I don't understand how that punch on chambers isn't a red, it's an easy red as well to me there is no debating it, it just seemed so clear cut, it was far worse than other red cards I've seen given for players shoving people on the face etc. The xhaka red by the rules of the game was a red card, no arguement, but then why today can Pogba go straight over the ball, take a chunk out of Ruben neves' shin and get nothing? It was in the build up to the goal, var checked it and gave nothing, no foul, no card. I don't necessarily think there is a vendetta just against us, Wolves fans will obviously be feeling aggrieved tonight as even a draw for them probably wouldn't have felt like enough given how the game panned out but certain teams do seem to get the rub of the green more than others at times.
The issue with these decisions is again consistency across the board for all teams, xhakas was a red that's fine, pogbas should then be a red also, if it's evened up like that it's fine but it never is. I can pretty much guarantee there will be an incident where one player will strike another in the face over the next few weeks (probably with less force than what happened with chambers) and they will see red, it will probably be someone from a lesser team against one of the big boys and it will swing the game.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Wenger's Coat » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:17 am

Jay, this thread might have some value if you got a fan of each other PL club to keep a similar tally. Then compare results at end of season (leaving aside, for the moment, the fact this is all subjective). Or perhaps if your statistics were being compiled by a technical committee with carefully balanced membership (rather than by a clearly partial Arsenal fan).

By the way, I am sure that more than 50% (and I suspect close to if not 100%) of respondents in such a PL-wide survey would end up saying that more decisions went against them than for them. Which in turn would show this tally taking for what it is - purely subjective exercise understandably influenced by club bias. Fans always think their team is hard done by.

I don't think Arteta is the cause of all our problems. There are many reasons within the club, besides Arteta, as to why we are where we are.

But the idea that bad refereeing decisions are a material cause of our eventual league position after 38 games is not credible. I'd agree that there are (rare) occasions when bad refereeing decisions can prove pivotal in knock-out competitions. But league football is a different proposition.

At least, thankfully, this thread doesn't seem to be promoting the idea of a referee conspiracy. Small mercies.
Wenger's Coat
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby swipe right » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:31 am

Jay just looking for reasons to defend his weird support for Arteta now that it’s obvious he’s going to destroy this season. It’s bad refereeing. It’s auba. It’s the players Wenger left behind. Pathetic. Close this stupid thread. There is no basis to the claim the referees are against us.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:47 am

swipe right wrote:Jay just looking for reasons to defend his weird support for Arteta now that it’s obvious he’s going to destroy this season. It’s bad refereeing. It’s auba. It’s the players Wenger left behind. Pathetic. Close this stupid thread. There is no basis to the claim the referees are against us.

Well, at least Jay hasn't blamed it on the Russians. :arse fan: :sneaky2:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Santi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:48 pm

Good thread Jay, hope you can keep it up for the season. No doubt there will be 100 decisions against us at least.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:52 pm

Santi wrote:Good thread Jay, hope you can keep it up for the season. No doubt there will be 100 decisions against us at least.

Already at 9
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:53 pm

Ach wrote:
Santi wrote:Good thread Jay, hope you can keep it up for the season. No doubt there will be 100 decisions against us at least.

Already at 9

Nope, it's at 6 against and 0 for.
The intent of this thread is to keep an actual track of the major decision in our matches.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:55 pm

Wenger's Coat wrote:Jay, this thread might have some value if you got a fan of each other PL club to keep a similar tally. Then compare results at end of season (leaving aside, for the moment, the fact this is all subjective). Or perhaps if your statistics were being compiled by a technical committee with carefully balanced membership (rather than by a clearly partial Arsenal fan).

By the way, I am sure that more than 50% (and I suspect close to if not 100%) of respondents in such a PL-wide survey would end up saying that more decisions went against them than for them. Which in turn would show this tally taking for what it is - purely subjective exercise understandably influenced by club bias. Fans always think their team is hard done by.

I don't think Arteta is the cause of all our problems. There are many reasons within the club, besides Arteta, as to why we are where we are.

But the idea that bad refereeing decisions are a material cause of our eventual league position after 38 games is not credible. I'd agree that there are (rare) occasions when bad refereeing decisions can prove pivotal in knock-out competitions. But league football is a different proposition.

At least, thankfully, this thread doesn't seem to be promoting the idea of a referee conspiracy. Small mercies.

Would be hard to do that ... but I think the end result will only be telling if the variance between for and against is extreme.
So far it is, but it may even out.
I also want to record the actual event and match because each one can be challenged, of course, and its always hard to remember every event.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:45 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:

Already at 9

The intent of this thread is to keep an actual track of the major decision in our matches.

You sound like the dippers during their 30 year barren run. Sad.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:46 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:

Already at 9

You sound like the dippers during their 30-year barren run. Sad.

Sad but true, talk about clutching at straws. :lol:
Nuggets

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:45 am

Offside goal given for us yesterday? I haven't actually seen it on TV but if so then 9-1

Come back is on
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Dejan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:27 pm

Jep looked like a clean outside to me.
At the moment of Pepe's pass, auba was behind the last defender and not behind the ball.

I am still confused why the goal has been allowed.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby #ST » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Ach wrote:Offside goal given for us yesterday? I haven't actually seen it on TV but if so then 9-1

Come back is on

No, it wasnt. Pepe kicked the ball back when he was on the ground. Back-pass = never offside.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @14-04-'24 = 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Next game @4-05-'24 = VS Bournemouth [ No ticket yet ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk