Major Refereeing Decisions

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Major Refereeing Decisions

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 15, 2022 2:56 pm

Ach wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:Son was also in the air when pushed by Cedric.

The Chelsea one was barely a free kick

Mate, I can't believe this is even a discussion!!
Cedric backed into the player who had leaped for the ball. Stonewall penalty.

That Konate incident was shoulder to shoulder - but Konate is a brute, not even a free kick let alone a penalty. People need to remember, shoulder to shoulder is not a foul.

Preaching to the choir here. It's a penalty. Son is in the air. Cedric takes him out. Penalty all day

It's telling only the people who refuse to criticise artera are saying it isn't.

It's far more telling that 100% of the decisions against us and 100% of the decisions for our rivals, you have agreed with 100%.
Very telling indeed.
It's the same with all the anti-Arteta fools that have been made to look silly by him this year.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 15, 2022 2:59 pm

Ach has been an Arsenal fan for years, I remember him from the Wenger days when he was always backing him until the latter stages.

As for your other comment, I think Aubameyang has already proved you wrong and if we don’t get top 4 all your “I told you so’s” will probably prove to be il-advised as DG already alluded to.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sun May 15, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 15, 2022 3:00 pm

Salibatelli wrote:Ach has been an Arsenal fan for years, I remember him from the Wenger days when he was always backing him until the latter stages.

Not very relevant to being psychotically anti-Arteta now to the point of lunacy.

Auba? We improved dramatically as soon as we dropped him. He can score as much as he likes in Spain. He didn't score here and thus Arteta was proven correct because we scored more without him. Pretty simple. Not sure how Arteta's good judgement to get rid of him matters to a referee thread TBH.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 15, 2022 3:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:Ach has been an Arsenal fan for years, I remember him from the Wenger days when he was always backing him until the latter stages.

Not very relevant to being psychotically anti-Arteta now to the point of lunacy.

It’s his opinion, he doesn’t believe in Arteta and there’s lot of reasons for that.

If Arteta had been that good he’d be on the manager of the year shortlist of 6, something you’ve been touting for quite a few weeks now.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 15, 2022 3:05 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It’s his opinion, he doesn’t believe in Arteta and there’s lot of reasons for that.

If Arteta had been that good he’d be on the manager of the year shortlist of 6, something you’ve been touting for quite a few weeks now.

This thread is not about an opinion on Arteta.
But as you mention him, Arteta has a good season under his belt , new contract, exciting squad and lots to look forward to - as do all Arsenal fans.
The very small minority of discredited Anti-Arteta lunatics can't take their medicine and shush up though. Too much for them.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun May 15, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 15, 2022 3:05 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Auba? We improved dramatically as soon as we dropped him. He can score as much as he likes in Spain. He didn't score here and thus Arteta was proven correct because we scored more without him. Pretty simple. Not sure how Arteta's good judgement to get rid of him matters to a referee thread TBH.

Well we’ve clearly been lacking a goalscorer that much has been clear, otherwise we wouldn’t be looking to sign one.

As it turns out Auba has been scoring a lot of goals, many suspected Arteta’s tactics and man management were hindering our forwards, this seems to be the case if you look at the goal scoring exploits of all our forwards and of course how Auba has been scoring at a new club.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 15, 2022 3:08 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Well we’ve clearly been lacking a goalscorer that much has been clear, otherwise we wouldn’t be looking to sign one.

As it turns out Auba has been scoring a lot of goals, many suspected Arteta’s tactics and man management were hindering our forwards, this seems to be the case if you look at the goal scoring exploits of all our forwards and of course how Auba has been scoring at a new club.

He didn't score goals here for 18 months.
Nketiah, with far less game time, has done better this year under Arteta than Auba.
Very smart decision to get rid of him which benefited all parties and we move on.
We'd be mid table now if we kept him - because we couldn't score with him in the team.
Again, not sure what it has to do with a ref thread though - do you want to list out all your deluded 'Arteta bad' theories in one thread?
Maybe start one ? Might be a laugh.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 15, 2022 3:10 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

This thread is not about an opinion on Arteta.
But as you mention him, Arteta has a good season under his belt , new contract, exciting squad and lots to look forward to - as do all Arsenal fans.

No but you mentioned the anti-Arteta thing, that’s subjective I think based on your expectations, if he get 4th then yes it would have been a decent season, but not getting 4th given where we were at one stage would not be a good outcome.

Again though he didn’t get nominated for manager of the year so he hasn’t impressed plenty of independent people.

As for being excited, we’ll you could have said the same about Man U supporters when Solkjaer got 2nd, trouble is it went pear shaped the following season.

Just as OGS was lacking something (although I remember you defending him), it’s my opinion that Arteta is the same which is why I and many others are unconvinced with him thus far.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 15, 2022 3:11 pm

jayramfootball wrote:He didn't score goals here for 18 months.
Nketiah, with far less game time, has done better this year under Arteta than Auba.
Very smart decision to get rid of him which benefited all parties and we move on.
We'd be mid table now if we kept him - because we couldn't score with him in the team.
Again, not sure what it has to do with a ref thread though - do you want to list out all your deluded 'Arteta bad' theories in one thread?

Again if as people suspect Arteta’s tactics are the issue that makes sense (he didn’t implement this until his 2nd season).

Nketiah has scored in 2 games, 3 of those goals were handed to him on a plate by opposition mistakes as well.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Sun May 15, 2022 3:29 pm

I'm the psychotic one?

Who's the one who blames everything on officials, VAR?

Who's delighted if we finish 5th and Tottenham finishing 4th?

Who can't accept Arteta makes mistakes?

Rhetorical questions. We all know the answer

But but I'm psychotic
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 15, 2022 3:30 pm

Ach wrote:I'm the psychotic one?

Who's the one who blames everything on officials, VAR?

Who's delighted if we finish 5th and Tottenham finishing 4th?

Who can't accept Arteta makes mistakes?

Rhetorical questions. We all know the answer

But but I'm psychotic

Yes, you must be because no one does or says those things here.
You must be imagining some alternate reality.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 15, 2022 3:32 pm

Salibatelli wrote:

Again if as people suspect Arteta’s tactics are the issue that makes sense (he didn’t implement this until his 2nd season).

Nketiah has scored in 2 games, 3 of those goals were handed to him on a plate by opposition mistakes as well.

Bottom line is Nketiah has scored the same in the PL with less time and more overall with less time.

Nketiah 9 goals and 1 assist in 1127 minutes of football for us
Aubameyang 7 goals and 1 assist in 1538 minutes of football for us

Clearly Nketiah was superior to Auba for Arsenal this year.
That's why it makes it crazy to suggest that if we had of kept him we'd somehow be doing better than we already are.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun May 15, 2022 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun May 15, 2022 3:33 pm

And there's the denial lol

But but I'm psychotic
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 15, 2022 3:37 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

Bottom line is Nketiah has scored the same in the PL with less time and more overall with less time.
:dontknow:

Too simplistic, Nketiah has scored 4 goals in a year and only scored in 2 games and those were due to fortune as well.

Also 2 (3 if you count Christensen’s error) of his goals were handed to him on a plate.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 15, 2022 3:57 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:Son was also in the air when pushed by Cedric.

The Chelsea one was barely a free kick

Mate, I can't believe this is even a discussion!!
Cedric backed into the player who had leaped for the ball. Stonewall penalty.

That Konate incident was shoulder to shoulder - but Konate is a brute, not even a free kick let alone a penalty. People need to remember, shoulder to shoulder is not a foul.

The penalty was soft
Only people with deluded anti Arteta agendas think it was a stonewall penalty
Happens multiple times in games where a defender eases a player away from the ball with no penalty.

Konate incident 'shoulder to shoulder'? :rofll: FFS

Yes, shoulder to shoulder. Not only that, it was not even close to being inside the box, so wouldn't and shouldn't have been reviewed by VAR anyway lol!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk