Major Refereeing Decisions

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Major Refereeing Decisions

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 15, 2022 4:30 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:He didn't score goals here for 18 months.
Nketiah, with far less game time, has done better this year under Arteta than Auba.
Very smart decision to get rid of him which benefited all parties and we move on.
We'd be mid table now if we kept him - because we couldn't score with him in the team.
Again, not sure what it has to do with a ref thread though - do you want to list out all your deluded 'Arteta bad' theories in one thread?
Maybe start one ? Might be a laugh.

Again if as people suspect Arteta’s tactics are the issue that makes sense (he didn’t implement this until his 2nd season).

Nketiah has scored in 2 games, 3 of those goals were handed to him on a plate by opposition mistakes as well.

Bottom line is Nketiah has scored the same in the PL with less time and more overall with less time.
:dontknow:

Too simplistic, Nketiah has scored 4 goals in a year and only scored in 2 games and those were due to fortune as well.

Also 2 (3 if you count Christensen’s error) of his goals were handed to him on a plate.

Sounds like you just can’t accept the actual fact that Nketiah has scored more goals in less time this year.
Still a fact though. He’s clearly been superior for us this year.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 15, 2022 4:31 pm

Everton fans with a WTF moment after seeing their player sent off for what a Liverpool player did yesterday with no foul given
:lol:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 15, 2022 4:43 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Nketiah, with far less game time, has done better this year under Arteta than Auba.
Very smart decision to get rid of him which benefited all parties and we move on.
We'd be mid table now if we kept him - because we couldn't score with him in the team.
Again, not sure what it has to do with a ref thread though - do you want to list out all your deluded 'Arteta bad' theories in one thread?

Again if as people suspect Arteta’s tactics are the issue that makes sense (he didn’t implement this until his 2nd season).

Nketiah has scored in 2 games, 3 of those goals were handed to him on a plate by opposition mistakes as well.

Bottom line is Nketiah has scored the same in the PL with less time and more overall with less time.

Too simplistic, Nketiah has scored 4 goals in a year and only scored in 2 games and those were due to fortune as well.

Also 2 (3 if you count Christensen’s error) of his goals were handed to him on a plate.

Sounds like you just can’t accept the actual fact that Nketiah has scored more goals in less time this year.

What does the prove?

So Nketiah has scored in 2 games, doesn’t prove he’s better then Aubameyang, in fact he’s currently scoring lots for his new club when no longer shackled by Arteta and his tactics. He’s vastly superior to Nketiah I don’t think there’s any doubt.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 15, 2022 4:52 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

What does the prove?

So Nketiah has scored in 2 games, doesn’t prove he’s better then Aubameyang, in fact he’s currently scoring lots for his new club when no longer shackled by Arteta and his tactics. He’s vastly superior to Nketiah I don’t think there’s any doubt.

TBH I don’t know why you keep going on about Auba in the referee thread.
Eddie has just been better this year for us. Obviously that’s not debatable never mind in a refs thread :dontknow:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Sun May 15, 2022 5:58 pm

Hows the Anti realists today Jay, and of course good morning to all you others
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 15, 2022 6:18 pm

VCC wrote:Hows the Anti realists today Jay, and of course good morning to all you others

Still pretending we’ve had a shit season, I think.
;)
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Mon May 16, 2022 4:16 am

jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:Hows the Anti realists today Jay, and of course good morning to all you others

;)

In my book anyone who does not finish 1st has work to be done
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 16, 2022 6:50 am

VCC wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

;)

Everyone has work to be done, even 1st.
Wouldn’t say otherwise.

Most work to be done is investigating the obvious referee corruption this year. It’s been the worst for a while.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Mon May 16, 2022 7:36 am

jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

;)

Everyone has work to be done, even 1st.
Wouldn’t say otherwise.

Most work to be done is investigating the obvious referee corruption this year. It’s been the worst for a while.

Yes jay only team in the league to have a decision go against it apparently in your head.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 16, 2022 8:57 am

anyone see the decisions that went against Everton yesterday ?!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon May 16, 2022 9:05 am

Both reds deserved but they should've had a penalty before the first one
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 16, 2022 9:11 am

Yeah - that was a double wham, no penalty and then within seconds they get a player sent off. Talk about injustice !!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon May 16, 2022 9:24 am

Yes it was a complete injustice and once again highlights the horrendous quality of the refs in this league. At least Everton are now back in the lead of the PL red card race.

Everton 104
Arsenal 102
Newcastle 89

Madness.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon May 16, 2022 9:43 am

Sure we'll even it up against Newcastle tonight ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 16, 2022 1:26 pm

Hybrid_47 wrote:It has to be said tho you could make a compilation video of big decisions that have gone against us than for us this season. That video would be skewed massively against us because some of those decisions have been horrendous.

Palace Saka, Everton Tomiyasu, foul on Saka that somehow was a Spuds free kick. I mean for god sake Ayling was actually given a yellow initially and it was turned to a red by VAR.

There are loads more and although I'm not saying it's a conspiracy we aren't a dirty team but somehow get maximum punishment every time.

That's the key in bold.
Football has created the environment , the perfect environment, for referee cheating and financial corruption.
It's a secret society of a few men who have no one to answer to.
If I wanted to cheat as a ref or do a favour for someone offering me cash, all I would need to do would be to apply the laws more harshly to one team vs the other.
Any harsh decision can be analysed as 'correct' but soft and any wrong decision can be just a 'mistake' - ah well. No one to answer to.

Applying the letter of the law to one team and not to another is cheating - and Arsenal have been on the wrong end of it for years. With Riley in charge of the secretive organisation, there is no surprise there.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk