We need Wenger back!

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: We need Wenger back!

Postby swipe right » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:41 am

ROFL…. Overmars aint doing shit for us. Elite clubs need elite managers backed by money. That’s all there is to it. Chelsea, City and Liverpool have showed us that time and time again. Even at our peak we had Wenger who was an elite manager backed by a board ready to spend to bring in top talent. It went downhill when Kroenke came along and Wenger’s powers waned.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:36 am

swipe right wrote:ROFL…. Overmars aint doing shit for us. Elite clubs need elite managers backed by money. That’s all there is to it. Chelsea, City and Liverpool have showed us that time and time again. Even at our peak we had Wenger who was an elite manager backed by a board ready to spend to bring in top talent. It went downhill when Kroenke came along and Wenger’s powers waned.

Overmars > Edu

If you think he couldn't do a better job of spending £250m, idk what to tell you.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:22 am

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
swipe right wrote:ROFL…. Overmars aint doing shit for us. Elite clubs need elite managers backed by money. That’s all there is to it. Chelsea, City and Liverpool have showed us that time and time again. Even at our peak we had Wenger who was an elite manager backed by a board ready to spend to bring in top talent. It went downhill when Kroenke came along and Wenger’s powers waned.

Overmars > Edu

If you think he couldn't do a better job of spending £250m, idk what to tell you.

Of course he can. My right nut could do a better job. But we don’t need a better job we need a much better job. We need what Klopp and Edwards did for Liverpool. Or Guardiola and Begiristain did for city.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Hypergooner » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:46 am

swipe right wrote:

Overmars > Edu

Of course he can. My right nut could do a better job. But we don’t need a better job we need a much better job. We need what Klopp and Edwards did for Liverpool. Or Guardiola and Begiristain did for city.

We need that but nobody knows who could do that. We wouldn't have the likes of Barca dropping in to Europa League and Man United bringing in temps while they wait for a manager that's never won anything, if Klop and Pep types were about
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:10 am

Hypergooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Overmars > Edu

We need that but nobody knows who could do that. We wouldn't have the likes of Barca dropping in to Europa League and Man United bringing in temps while they wait for a manager that's never won anything, if Klop and Pep types were about

Tuchel, Conte, Rogers, Nagelsman, Simeone, Anceloti, Allegri, Mancini are all elite managers and could have been procured at one point or another but we chose emery and Arteta because they are pliant.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:48 am

I miss this guy, at least he was always entertaining and you knew Arsenal was in his veins.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Hypergooner » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:21 pm

swipe right wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Overmars > Edu

Tuchel, Conte, Rogers, Nagelsman, Simeone, Anceloti, Allegri, Mancini are all elite managers and could have been procured at one point or another but we chose emery and Arteta because they are pliant.

Could have, but weren't. Where do we go now?
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:05 pm

Wenger leaves, we get a plum that can't communicate. He leaves and we get a plum that can't communicate or manage.

How can Arteta be worse than Emery ?! I didn't think it would be possible but here I am, wrong again.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:42 pm

theHotHead wrote:Wenger leaves, we get a plum that can't communicate. He leaves and we get a plum that can't communicate or manage.

How can Arteta be worse than Emery ?! I didn't think it would be possible but here I am, wrong again.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:34 am

When they said "be careful what you wish for" the atmosphere around the club right now is what I was wishing for!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:42 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:When they said "be careful what you wish for" the atmosphere around the club right now is what I was wishing for!

Yeah, same.
I was pretty confident we were not he right track and VERY confident after the summer window, because the players we signed had the correct character.
We've made a big step, but it's still only a step. There is a long way to go still. More signings and more players to move out and I also want to see us keep the attitude going without any lapses.
Seeing Gabriel's tweet yesterday shows just what an amazing turnaround there has been in the attitude of the players towards playing for this club.

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:44 am

Reiss wrote:Wenger back? Lol

We're finally turning into the Arsenal I've always wanted.

Full of fight and desire. Organisational structure. Hard to break down.

Wenger? Stick him in the bin and keep him there.

Erm yesterday was a Wenger performance if any. A young team getting done by a more experienced and canny team. What were you watching?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:42 pm

swipe right wrote:

Erm yesterday was a Wenger performance if any. A young team getting done by a more experienced and canny team. What were you watching?

Was it the 3-0 league cup final defeat or the 3-0 home league defeat 4days later
New Year’s Day was a real carbon copy of those…
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:07 pm

Reiss wrote:
swipe right wrote:

What were you watching yesterday? And what were you watching under Wenger?

Because it used to be weak and disorganised performances under Wenger, coupled with a lack of fight and desire. This Arteta team is none of that.

This!

Swipey, what the hell dude!! We were superb the other day, Wenger is linked to spinelessness and defensive dufusness, we saw nothing of the sort, we defended heroically
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:27 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:When they said "be careful what you wish for" the atmosphere around the club right now is what I was wishing for!

Could have been there a hell of a lot sooner. And tbh we’re still not fully there yet such is how brilliant a manager Wenger was that only a handful of people can match or better his contributions to this club
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk