The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:03 pm

Ach wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:0

The thread is about Arteta, not your credibility.

Someone still butthurt I see

Yes, you are indeed. With Arteta's success it would appear.
:dontknow:
How can any fan be 0% behind a manager who has us in 4th place playing really well after years of decline? Weird.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:42 pm

12% a long way to go and a lot to prove still.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:42 pm

Jay it could be Ach got to the point that enough was enough and nothing Arteta does afterwards will make any difference.

To be fair to Ach, if that's his position, its a fair position because I was sick of Arteta, it has taken a lot to persuade me to even be neutral-ish. I dare say for Ach he would need to perform consistently at a high level, get us into the CL next season and get us battling for a top League spot next season, to change his mind.

That position is fair enough to me, wanting to see considerable improvements over a full season and more isn't unreasonable.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:Jay it could be Ach got to the point that enough was enough and nothing Arteta does afterwards will make any difference.

To be fair to Ach, if that's his position, its a fair position because I was sick of Arteta, it has taken a lot to persuade me to even be neutral-ish. I dare say for Ach he would need to perform consistently at a high level, get us into the CL next season and get us battling for a top League spot next season, to change his mind.

That position is fair enough to me, wanting to see considerable improvements over a full season and more isn't unreasonable.

Nah
0% at this stage means you don't want Arteta to succeed and that means not wanting Arsenal to succeed because of some entrenchment on the manager.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:58 pm

75%

Who else is available for those that don't like Mikel ?
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:03 pm

80% because of the signings and the recent form. I’d have taken conte over him but right now don’t see an available manager that would be an improvement.

20% still held back because he plays Pussy tactics in every big game now and still makes some questionable subs.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:06 pm

Santi wrote:80% because of the signings and the recent form. I’d have taken conte over him but right now don’t see an available manager that would be an improvement.

20% still held back because he plays Pussy tactics in every big game now and still makes some questionable subs.

Conte's football will get results, but it is boring football and takes advantage of sneaky tactics to try and gain an advantage by fooling the ref. The diving and screaming by Spurs players since he has come in is unbearable.
I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club. He is well suited to the Spuds.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:10 pm

theHotHead wrote:Jay it could be Ach got to the point that enough was enough and nothing Arteta does afterwards will make any difference.

I'm an open minded guy. I want the best for the club regardless of manager.

We're in a good run of results now. We have been before and that did nothing to save 2 shit years.

A good couple of weeks won't change any Arsenal fans mind. Saying that, we are getting performances and results now which we never did in previously mentioned good runs.

We have city next. Not expecting a win. Performance will do.

Another thrashing and arteta is finished here.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:24 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Santi wrote:80% because of the signings and the recent form. I’d have taken conte over him but right now don’t see an available manager that would be an improvement.

Conte's football will get results, but it is boring football and takes advantage of sneaky tactics to try and gain an advantage by fooling the ref. The diving and screaming by Spurs players since he has come in is unbearable.

You see ... this is why we can't take you seriously Jay.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:39 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

You see ... this is why we can't take you seriously Jay.

Maybe you should stop coveting Spud managers.
It's funny because when Arteta goes on a run of 8 without defeat it's against 'relegation fodder' and considered 'sh*t' but dear old CoNTe goes on a run of 7 - including 5 home games - and he's superb... or is it that Liverpool draw at home after 2 weeks rest and with Liverpool's midfield decimated and VDV out that makes him great?

Let's wait and see. I watched CoNTe's Spurs today and they were shit - and boring - and screaming like bitches every time they were touched.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:00 am

You what John??

Conte is superb because:

Juventus[17]

Serie A: 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14
Supercoppa Italiana: 2012, 2013
Chelsea

Premier League: 2016–17[163]
FA Cup: 2017–18[164]
Inter Milan

Serie A: 2020–21[165]
UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2019–20[80]
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:09 am

theHotHead wrote:You what John??

Conte is superb because:

Juventus[17]

Serie A: 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14
Supercoppa Italiana: 2012, 2013
Chelsea

Premier League: 2016–17[163]
FA Cup: 2017–18[164]
Inter Milan

Serie A: 2020–21[165]
UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2019–20[80]

How come his is heading to smaller and smaller clubs?
Why did none of the bigger clubs want him?
Maybe they don't like the fact he is a quitter.
Maybe they don't like the shit football he plays.

I'd rather wait to see what he does at Spurs, thanks... lots of players and managers were 'great' .. until they were not.
This is his FIRST job where he is managing a side not really in a title hunt.

Besides that - wanking off over how great he is because he has gone on a 7 game run in the PL unbeaten when at the same time calling our manager shit when he goes on an 8 game unbeaten run is bullshit.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:11 am

LMAO wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:75%

We seem to have remembered how to score. Our young forwards are on fire, our defence is solid. Great stuff.

Sign a CM and striker in January and I'm behind him 100%!

Yeah, I'd say I'm up to 75% too.

Still need to see how we perform against the likes of City and Liverpool, but the attack has been improved, which is what I've been asking for.

Up to 90%. A new CF and a new CM will take it up to 99%.

The team he's building really has the potential to do something special in the coming seasons. As I've said, we're a CM and a CF away from having a Liverpool VVD and Alisson transformation. I hope Arteta and Edu get those two signings across the finish line and don't pull a Wenger who refused to put the finishing touch on his teams that were a couple pieces away (he missed out on what, 3 or 4 PLs due to that?), leading to the shitshow of the past few years where Arsenal basically needed a complete rebuild.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby FrustratedGooner » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:17 am

We are a sleeping giant and I am generally starting to think Arteta is waking us up. I believe a striker and a CM will really change things for us. Let’s just hope we can keep most of this core for 2-3 more years.

I am 90% backing the manager now.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:10 am

Yeah 90%

If we get a midfielder soon then 95%. Get a striker too then 99%.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk