The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Postby VCC » Sat May 21, 2022 8:41 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:
VCC wrote:Every investment is done for a return, no CL will have a cost, Arteta is not on a freebe for life.
This is the good thing about now compared to Wenger's latter years. If Arteta fails, he'll be sacked. With Wenger you felt it could go on indefinitely.

:pray: we live in hope.
The only bone of contention is what constitutes 'failure'

For the Kronke s it will ultimately be no return on their money, i would say Arteta will be on notice come season start “ results or you are gone”, his off season budget is probably half of what it could have been, they may hold something back should there be a new incumbent
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Sat May 21, 2022 8:43 am

VCC wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:
VCC wrote:Every investment is done for a return, no CL will have a cost, Arteta is not on a freebe for life.
This is the good thing about now compared to Wenger's latter years. If Arteta fails, he'll be sacked. With Wenger you felt it could go on indefinitely.

For the Kronke s it will ultimately be no return on their money, i would say Arteta will be on notice come season start “ results or you are gone”, his off season budget is probably half of what it could have been, they may hold something back should there be a new incumbent

Yup, it has to be a money thing as they surely don't care about the football aspect of the club.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby VCC » Sat May 21, 2022 8:47 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sat May 21, 2022 8:50 am

VCC wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

It’s based on League finishing position and trophies. Arteta got a new contract as soon as he achieved the minimum expectation from the board to trigger that contract. 6th this season.
The club basically told us this ages ago.
Next season top 4 will be the minimum - or CL qualification through winning the EL.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat May 21, 2022 1:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

It’s based on League finishing position and trophies. Arteta got a new contract as soon as he achieved the minimum expectation from the board to trigger that contract. 6th this season.
The club basically told us this ages ago.
Next season top 4 will be the minimum - or CL qualification through winning the EL.

Neither of which imo will be acheived bar a miraculous window where we get everything we need and still even then ..............

Pumped up Newcastle, CL invested Spurs, Ten Haag trying to rally Utd.

Then the usuals City, Liverpool, Chelsea (unless their ownership issues fk the club).

That will be 6 genuine threats for 4 places, we could easilly come 7th this season.

............ you see I know a top 4 club when I see one, and we aren't one.

We're already sewing the seeds of failure while everyone else is investing like crazy yet we have Stan sulking and threatening to minimize our transfer spend.

So imo the down turn is already starting as we speak.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun May 22, 2022 6:47 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
PairyGrows wrote:To me, Arteta is on borrowed time already because he's fumbled top four this season. However, if we don't qualify for the Champions League next season, he needs to be sacked 100 percent. There can be no excuses if he doesn't do the business next season.

If you can't qualify for the Champions League after three full seasons - sayonara!

Not a chance of top four

City >>>>>>> Arsenal
Liverpool >>>> Arsenal
Chelsea ???? Arsenal
Spurs ???? Arsenal
Utd ???? Arsenal

Those clubs all either have a top quality experienced manager or have more money and CL football - or they have both. How do you expect Arteta with minimal experience, a weak squad, and probably very little money will finish higher than at least two of them? ... that's ignoring Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle, Everton who probably wont have European football getting in their way ... as Arteta now will.

West Ham are in the Europa conference league next season
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Goonerred » Sun May 22, 2022 6:50 pm

I've been negative all season and would only have increased that if we achieved a top 4 finish. I support the club, I'll alter my percentage as next season unfolds. And it will have to be good to go higher.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Sun May 22, 2022 6:56 pm

End of the season.

No faith or trust in this failure at all
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun May 22, 2022 6:57 pm

55%
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 22, 2022 6:58 pm

Big fat 0
Nuggets

Postby VCC » Sun May 22, 2022 7:06 pm

I dont see it with Arteta, he has done some good things dont get me wrong but i think he is peak Arteta, we need better.
Good qualities
Does not take shit - something our players have had for years is more power than the management he has done well taking that power back.

Culled alot of deadwood, in doing this has had to play the youngsters with good result

Won a cup

Negetives
Not being prepared for a season, huge red flag

Too rigid in his system

Concentrates on the opposition too much imo instead of concentrating on own abilities and playing to our strengths

Playing injured players ….. against newcastle 3 of our 4 defenders were carrying injuries, against spurs we had a player on the bench unfit to play

Not replacing Auba january

I dont see Arteta closing the gap on teams that will strengthen, young players have a advantage of youth and no real knowledge of being played against, Arteta system and yougsters in that system will find it harder next season
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 22, 2022 9:17 pm

0% for me, I can’t see where he can take us from here, this is as good as it gets.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Sun May 22, 2022 9:43 pm

Reiss wrote:100%

Our very own Nagelsmann. Love what he's doing at the club- we are lucky to have him.

Missed the last 2 years?

Or this season?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 23, 2022 7:56 am

I'm ending the season on 15% support for Arteta. Nothing more I need to add that I haven't said lots of times already.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon May 23, 2022 11:41 am

And failed to reach our target?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk