The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:34 am

Jedi wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:-100% there’s no hope for him, had one decent run but everything around that has been poor, now on a run of 3 defeats in 5 games and 0 goals in 4 games.

I don’t really like how he cuts out loads of players as well
and then wants to go and spend huge fortunes on players, we have enough quality to do better than we are, I really think he’s had an unbelievably easy ride with earning the right to everything he’s been handed.

No we don't.

City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United all comfortably better squads. Stop being delusional.

I don't think any of us think that our squad is as good as theirs.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:46 am

Salibatelli wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:-100% there’s no hope for him, had one decent run but everything around that has been poor, now on a run of 3 defeats in 5 games and 0 goals in 4 games.

and then wants to go and spend huge fortunes on players, we have enough quality to do better than we are, I really think he’s had an unbelievably easy ride with earning the right to everything he’s been handed.

No we don't.

City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United all comfortably better squads. Stop being delusional.

We’ve had plenty of chances to pull away, in 4th places all our rivals have stuttered, plus they all have cup and European games.

The amount of games we’ve had to play we didn’t need a huge squad, problem is Arteta has cut out certain players, Aubameyang, Pepe, Saliba, even Guendouzi we could have used, on top of that we’ve loaned out Balogun and AMN two players we could have used this month.

Would rather see Balogun than Nketiah. We knew about the AFCON as well, no excuses for poor planning.

He’s made his choices and it’s come back to bite him, he seems to clash with too many players.

What choice has come back to bite him? All of those players you've mentioned are shit and not first team material.

Plus half of them are still here but simply don't deserve to play. Are you gonna bench Saka and Martinelli to play useless Aubameyang and Pepe? The only reason we found some form was that he kicked Auba out the team. Do you want to see us relegated?

Balogun and AMN have also shown nothing to suggest they deserve to play more.

I see what it is now. You're a bench worshipper. Whenever you see a player not getting minutes you start fantasizing that they're good.

Same story happened with people wanting Lokonga over Xhaka and now we're seeing him get exposed but don't worry, the moment Xhaka gets back into the first 11, people will start bench worshipping Lokonga again.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:11 am

Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:42 am

Imagine calling all those players shit but then being a xhaka fan lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:02 am

Jedi wrote:

No we don't.

We don't have enough quality top be doing better than we are ? What foolishness is this !!! So we don't have a squad good enough to beat Burnley, is that right ?!!

The shit you people chat is unbelievable.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:04 am

Fran Solo wrote:
Jedi wrote:

No we don't.

I don't think any of us think that our squad is as good as theirs.

But thats not what Salibatelli said he said
we have enough quality to do better than we are

And he is spot on, we do have better quality than we have seen in recent weeks, this loss of form is on the manager, you can't just blame Edu, Arteta is not just a Head Coach, he is the manager and has a say and comings and goings. If the eejut didn't loan out our 2 better CMs we wouldn't have to rely on Xhaka and whoever else we are left with.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:05 am

Ach wrote:Imagine calling all those players shit but then being a xhaka fan lol

The guy is an idiot, his arguments are full of shit.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:29 am

Jedi wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Jedi wrote:

No we don't.

We’ve had plenty of chances to pull away, in 4th places all our rivals have stuttered, plus they all have cup and European games.

The amount of games we’ve had to play we didn’t need a huge squad, problem is Arteta has cut out certain players, Aubameyang, Pepe, Saliba, even Guendouzi we could have used, on top of that we’ve loaned out Balogun and AMN two players we could have used this month.

Would rather see Balogun than Nketiah. We knew about the AFCON as well, no excuses for poor planning.

He’s made his choices and it’s come back to bite him, he seems to clash with too many players.

What choice has come back to bite him? All of those players you've mentioned are shit and not first team material.

Plus half of them are still here but simply don't deserve to play. Are you gonna bench Saka and Martinelli to play useless Aubameyang and Pepe? The only reason we found some form was that he kicked Auba out the team. Do you want to see us relegated?

I see what it is now. You're a bench worshipper. Whenever you see a player not getting minutes you start fantasizing that they're good.

Same story happened with people wanting Lokonga over Xhaka and now we're seeing him get exposed but don't worry, the moment Xhaka gets back into the first 11, people will start bench worshipping Lokonga again.

They could all have been useful during this period, our lack of options are due to poor planning, we knew about the AFCON and yet we have signed no one and also sent players out on loan that we could have used, Balogun would be a more unpredictable option than Nketiah who has shown he has zero impact, AMN could have given us an option instead of playing Lokonga who has struggled in midfield, if we’d had Saliba we could have played White in midfield perhaps, Guendouzi could have given us a more dynamic option.

As for Aubameyang, it’s clearly more to do with how we were setup and the teams we played as well, the period we were winning we played some really weak teams, right now we haven’t scored in 4 games so clearly it hasn’t had that much of an impact or we’d be scoring, how often have we gone 4 games without a goal?

As for Lokonga, I suspected he wouldn’t be ready from the PL, but we chose to sign him instead of signing a ready made player who could play and perform now, as for Xhaka we should have sold him last summer when we had the chance, he gets himself sent off and make mistakes which cost us goals regularly, he’s a liability and anyone who thinks he’s the answer and should be playing hasn’t payed attention for the last 6-7 years!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:51 am

Salibatelli wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Jedi wrote:

No we don't.

They could all have been useful during this period, our lack of options are due to poor planning, we knew about the AFCON and yet we have signed no one and also sent players out on loan that we could have used, Balogun would be a more unpredictable option than Nketiah who has shown he has zero impact, AMN could have given us an option instead of playing Lokonga who has struggled in midfield, if we’d had Saliba we could have played White in midfield perhaps, Guendouzi could have given us a more dynamic option.

As for Aubameyang, it’s clearly more to do with how we were setup and the teams we played as well, the period we were winning we played some really weak teams, right now we haven’t scored in 4 games so clearly it hasn’t had that much of an impact or we’d be scoring, how often have we gone 4 games without a goal?

As for Lokonga, I suspected he wouldn’t be ready from the PL, but we chose to sign him instead of signing a ready made player who could play and perform now, as for Xhaka we should have sold him last summer when we had the chance, he gets himself sent off and make mistakes which cost us goals regularly, he’s a liability and anyone who thinks he’s the answer and should be playing hasn’t payed attention for the last 6-7 years!

It really is poor planning. We could see where we were short and where we were limited so the results aren’t shocking.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:17 am

- 20%
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:18 am

Down to 80% from 90% due to not bringing in a striker in January.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:11 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jedi » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:52 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Jedi wrote:

No we don't.

We don't have enough quality top be doing better than we are ? What foolishness is this !!! So we don't have a squad good enough to beat Burnley, is that right ?!!

This is the most retarded post I've ever seen on this forum.

I'm obviously talking about our position on the table relative to those other teams with better squads, not one off result.

Anyone can draw/lose one game to a weaker team. Man City just drew with Southampton so according to you Pep Guardiola isn't getting the best out of their squad. What a bunch of nonsense.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:08 pm

Jedi wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Jedi wrote:

No we don't.

This is the most retarded post I've ever seen on this forum.

I'm obviously talking about our position on the table relative to those other teams with better squads, not one off result.

Anyone can draw/lose one game to a weaker team. Man City just drew with Southampton so according to you Pep Guardiola isn't getting the best out of their squad. What a bunch of nonsense.

The narrative that has built up that big teams should never lose or draw to a smaller team is such utter hogwash.
It literally happens time and time again.
It happened regularly in our Invincibles season, FFS.

I think that there are some so desperate for Arteta to be a failure they literally suspend reality in order to push the narrative.

Going into every single game in the PL, there is the very real potential to drop points. That goes for any team. It's such basic knowledge about football in this country I am utterly amazed anyone would try and pretend otherwise.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:12 pm

We are on course for 68-70 pts this season. For a team being built from ground up, should be pretty decent.
The board will definitely back Arteta and help out w/ some good recruits in the summer.
You can't address all the issues in a season and half
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk