The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:38 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:Things look much better for Arteta.
So far, we only lose points to City, Chelsea, Brentford, Brighton and Palace. The last three are not supposed to get any points from us and it looked bad at the time, but right now it looks better because we can say that all three of them are having a good season so far.
Still not convinced by Arteta though. His preferred team (Ramsdale, Tomiyasu etc) haven't taste any defeat yet. Let's see whether he can lift up his boys in a bad time.

I totally disagree. Dropping points to Chelsea and City, fair enough, but to Brentford and Brighton, get outta here, Crystal Palace I am willing to compromise.

We are Arsenal FC, people need to remember that, the run of results at the beginning of the season are unacceptable and people claiming some great performance by Arteta just because we are simply beginning to do what we SHOULD be doing at a minimum need to remember who we freekin are!!

I mean, scraping wins past Burnley and Norwich is no reason for celebration ffs.

JHC.- no team ever thrashes smaller teams week in week out. What are you talking about??
Brentford drew with Liverpool as did Brighton.
We're on a run of 6 wins and 2 draws HH - that is good in every which way you cut it.
If you are waiting for us to brush aside every smaller team every time we play them then you'll be waiting forever - and you've NEVER seen it happen in our history.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:20 pm

theHotHead wrote:
So far, we only lose points to City, Chelsea, Brentford, Brighton and Palace. The last three are not supposed to get any points from us and it looked bad at the time, but right now it looks better because we can say that all three of them are having a good season so far.
Still not convinced by Arteta though. His preferred team (Ramsdale, Tomiyasu etc) haven't taste any defeat yet. Let's see whether he can lift up his boys in a bad time.

I totally disagree. Dropping points to Chelsea and City, fair enough, but to Brentford and Brighton, get outta here, Crystal Palace I am willing to compromise.

We are Arsenal FC, people need to remember that, the run of results at the beginning of the season are unacceptable and people claiming some great performance by Arteta just because we are simply beginning to do what we SHOULD be doing at a minimum need to remember who we freekin are!!

I mean, scraping wins past Burnley and Norwich is no reason for celebration ffs.

Man City drew/lost to Leicester (only including this because they got battered), Leeds (D/L), West Brom, and Brighton last season.
Bayern drew/lost to Bremen, Union Berlin (D/D), Bielefeld, Mainz, and Freiburg last season.
2019-20 Liverpool drew/lost to Watford and Burnley.
2018-19 Man City drew/lost to Wolves, Palace, and Newcastle.
The centurion Man City side drew against Palace, Burnley, and Huddersfield.
The centurion Real Madrid side drew/lost to Levante, Racing Santander, and Malaga.
Even the mighty Invincibles drew to Portsmouth (x2), Leicester, Everton, and Spurs.

Plenty of league winning sides have dropped points where they had no business doing so.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:19 am

theHotHead wrote:

I think you're slightly misunderstood my point. I said we are not supposed to lose points to Brentford, Brighton and Palace. And you're right. The performances are still not good enough. We need to be more consistant. The last two games were good, but we never know what will happen next game, even against weaker team like Watford.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:33 am

Rockape wrote:Good point on the sideways passing….that drive us all mad and seems to have been abandoned. He obviously bought into for a long time, as he oversaw a lot of it, so wonder how/why the tactic was abandoned?

1. No Xhaka in the squad

2. Arteta was in a last chance saloon with that awful start to the season.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:58 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

I think you're slightly misunderstood my point. I said we are not supposed to lose points to Brentford, Brighton and Palace. And you're right. The performances are still not good enough. We need to be more consistant. The last two games were good, but we never know what will happen next game, even against weaker team like Watford.

I want to see performances where we play good and cohesive football for at least 75 mins of a game, even our recent victories you can say we played well for a 20 min period only.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:08 am

theHotHead wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

I want to see performances where we play good and cohesive football for at least 75 mins of a game, even our recent victories you can say we played well for a 20 min period only.

That's true. We should be more consistant. Should be able to play well for most of the game and should be able to do that for 15-20 games this season. The last two games is a good start. Long may it continue.

Oh, and at t this moment I give Arteta a 5. And that's for in game management only. I still have doubts in other area such as team management etc.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:03 am

Anyone above 0 should be questioned
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:53 am

Ach wrote:Anyone above 0 should be questioned

Or sectioned under the Mental health Act. :arse fan:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby LMAO » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:02 am

Ach wrote:Anyone above 0 should be questioned

Ask away.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:15 am

Remains 80%
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:58 am

Ole might be getting the sack. He finished 2nd in the league last season, got his team to a European final, are just 3 points behind us with a better goal diff. The jury is still out for me on Arteta. We have some winnable fixtures coming up, let's see where we are after those and what our performances are like.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:54 pm

With Utd and Leicester floundering, Top 6 is a must get. West Ham's form will revert to the mean unless they spend big in Jan.

This is the best shot at Top 4 we've had in some time.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:19 pm

So was this significant improvement under Arteta only against kack teams then ??? Cos we are still getting slapped up shit Wenger style !!

I see no improvement on the 2017-18 season.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:45 pm

75%
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:46 pm

He doesn't have my support because he has done f**k all to warrant it. Pointless mid-season runs mean nothing at all, we are still as far from being competitive as we have ever been. Getting our arses handed to us by Liverpool is proof of that
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk