The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:21 am

35% overall, against poor teams 50%.

Tactically we got it right for 20mins against Liverpool then they got comfortable ..........

They got comfortable because they realised that as much as we were being competitive we had no teeth, once Pool realised that they lost their fear of our counter and all the pressure fell on our defence.

Right now he needs to get our offense going, Saka is concerning me, where are his final balls? Auba is so so, I think he needs to attack more ball to feet than just be a target man, Laca is doing ok but he's only ever lasting 60mins.

ESR is doing fine for his level, he's doing as much as he can.

Odegaard made no difference at all if not we got worse when he was swapped for Laca.

We really need to work on our attack, we have 4 attackers on the break and we still have low scoring, that is very concerning.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:12 am

Still 0%
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:11 pm

50%
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:13 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:40 pm

Remains 80%
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:46 am

jayramfootball wrote:Remains 80%

You say that if he got us religated you WUM :rofll:
Nuggets

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:35 am

DiamondGooner wrote:35% overall, against poor teams 50%.

Tactically we got it right for 20mins against Liverpool then they got comfortable ..........

They got comfortable because they realised that as much as we were being competitive we had no teeth, once Pool realised that they lost their fear of our counter and all the pressure fell on our defence.

Right now he needs to get our offense going, Saka is concerning me, where are his final balls? Auba is so so, I think he needs to attack more ball to feet than just be a target man, Laca is doing ok but he's only ever lasting 60mins.

Odegaard made no difference at all if not we got worse when he was swapped for Laca.

We really need to work on our attack, we have 4 attackers on the break and we still have low scoring, that is very concerning.

Not sure I understand your angst with Saka.
His final ball has been good for most of the season.
No player is going to perfect, but Saka continues to regularly set up chances that should be buried. He did it again last night. Pinpoint perfect cross to Nketiah. Several times on top of that he managed to sidestep the full back and get a decent cross in.
You seem to focus on the times where he doesn’t execute.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:15 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:35% overall, against poor teams 50%.

o

Not sure I understand your angst with Saka.
His final ball has been good for most of the season.
No player is going to perfect, but Saka continues to regularly set up chances that should be buried. He did it again last night. Pinpoint perfect cross to Nketiah. Several times on top of that he managed to sidestep the full back and get a decent cross in.
You seem to focus on the times where he doesn’t execute.

Saka is a young talented and (in terms of PL) inexperienced footballer who is being relied upon far to much to get us out of jail.

Our young players in general (Ramsdale, Tierney, ESR, Saka, Martinelli,) are expected to cover the gaps being made by under- and non-performing gobshites like Xhaka, PEA, Laca etc.

I'm expecting to see some of the young guns burning out over Dec-Feb or (gulp) getting injured.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rockape » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:23 pm

Oct 31st
Rockape wrote:I’m going to move from 0 to 35%. Younger players starting to get results and working hard for each other, which was lacking until quite recently. If we maintain this form and keep churning out results, it will be past 50% by December.

So probably did get to the giddy heights of 55% at the beginning of Dec, but back to 35% after these three defeats.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:39 pm

0% since the Villarreal semi final and nothing I've seen since has changed my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-A326W using Tapatalk
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:45 pm

-90%, the guy is truly awful, even some scraped wins against weak teams doesn’t change that. I called it when we employed him, what a terrible mistake and a waste of time, had we had a decent manager we’d have probably seen some good progress by now. Instead the attack is inept, midfield none existent and defence only better on paper (as we’ve seen recently). We’re also now relying on kids to save our season from this inept manager disastrous methods.

The longer it goes on the more embarrassing it gets, any other decent club would have sent him packing, not Arsenal though, it’s why we’ll never amount to anything under the current owners.

When 95% of the players look worse and even after spending 250 million we still look very average, you just know the guy in charge doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing, then again we knew that last November and again when he got schooled by Emery our former manager over two games.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Özim wrote:-90%, the guy is truly awful, even some scraped wins against weak teams doesn’t change that. I called it when we employed him, what a terrible mistake and a waste of time, had we had a decent manager we’d have probably seen some good progress by now. Instead the attack is inept, midfield none existent and defence only better on paper (as we’ve seen recently). We’re also now relying on kids to save our season from this inept manager disastrous methods.

The longer it goes on the more embarrassing it gets, any other decent club would have sent him packing, not Arsenal though, it’s why we’ll never amount to anything under the current owners.

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Welcome back.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:-90%, the guy is truly awful, even some scraped wins against weak teams doesn’t change that. I called it when we employed him, what a terrible mistake and a waste of time, had we had a decent manager we’d have probably seen some good progress by now. Instead the attack is inept, midfield none existent and defence only better on paper (as we’ve seen recently). We’re also now relying on kids to save our season from this inept manager disastrous methods.

Welcome back.

Thanks
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:56 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Welcome back.

Thanks

It's not a surprise to see you.
:sneaky2:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:17 pm

Stays at 80%
If we go into the City game in the New Year in the top 4, it's 100%.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk