Takehiro Tomiyasu (18)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Takehiro Tomiyasu (18)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:21 am

Ach wrote:Odegaard played

Ramsdale on the bench cos pope has been excellent this season

Was hoping Tomi would get some game time

Glad Tomi didn't play. Happy when none of our players play useless and boring international football friendlies.

As for Ramsdale, shame for England they didn't play him. Pope's distribution was absolutely shocking.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:54 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:Odegaard played

Ramsdale on the bench cos pope has been excellent this season

Was hoping Tomi would get some game time

Glad Tomi didn't play. Happy when none of our players play useless and boring international football friendlies.

As for Ramsdale, shame for England they didn't play him. Pope's distribution was absolutely shocking.

Oh, I see. I thought Odergaard didn't play. My bad.
I don't think playing at the back with Ramsdale and MacGuire together is a good idea.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:25 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:
Ach wrote:
Takehiro Tomiyasu meanwhile has withdrawn from the Japan squad due to ‘club circumstances’. The 23-year-old has been struggling with calf problems since the summer and missed Arsenal’s pre-season tour of the United States.

What club circumstances?
Title race? :dontknow:

Quite a lot or out players didn't play even if they were with their national team. Tomiyasu, Partey, Odergaard. Ramsdale also didn't play IIRC.

Tomiyasu played 90 mins on Friday for Japan v USA in Düsseldorf
Odegaard played 70 mins yesterday for Norway in Slovenia
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Fran Solo » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:42 pm

starmandb wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:
Ach wrote:
Takehiro Tomiyasu meanwhile has withdrawn from the Japan squad due to ‘club circumstances’. The 23-year-old has been struggling with calf problems since the summer and missed Arsenal’s pre-season tour of the United States.

What club circumstances?
Title race? :dontknow:

Quite a lot or out players didn't play even if they were with their national team. Tomiyasu, Partey, Odergaard. Ramsdale also didn't play IIRC.

Tomiyasu played 90 mins on Friday for Japan v USA in Düsseldorf
Odegaard played 70 mins yesterday for Norway in Slovenia

So, he supposedly injured after playing that game? Crap.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:22 pm

Not that it matters much, Cedric and White both available.

RB is the one position we have 3 seniors capable of covering so we're ok there, better to have him though obviously but shouldn't effect our game.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:17 pm

Cedric is f***ing shit !!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:37 pm

In having held the belief that whilst it having largely gone unrecognised, Arteta is indeed quite savvy in his recruitment criteria having as a corner stone a liking for players possessing the ability to comfortably be competent at playing two if not three positions within his team.

It doesn't matter if the crescendo of caterwauling at the supposedly unwarranted purchase of Ben White is still at the same decibel level as it achieved last season, validation of Arteta being more than the glorified training ground cone stacker and dim witted yes man so completely out of his depth that he was all too readily painted as by some, should actually be rubber stamped by the England manager's omission of the former Brighton man from his squad while others far, far, far less deserving were indeed included.

To this end is why I am equally of the opinion that the issue which has on occasion been raised, that we don't have adequate left sided cover in the event of Magalhaes being unavailable is somewhat unfounded, given the more than adequate ability of Tomiyasu to play there as well as the Brazilian does. Admittedly, I have formed this opinion based on what I had seen from some of his performances in Italy when rather ironically first mentioned as a target for Spurs (yes I have spit and will do 1 Our Father and 2 Hail Mary's ok) while we were being linked to Emerson Royal, as well as some for Japan, what he showed of his mettle last season and the one or two times he's played left back for us.

With this in mind is why I think that tonights game against Bodø Glimt is a perfect opportunity to play him at left center half if Soares is available to play right back.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:53 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:In having held the belief that whilst it having largely gone unrecognised, Arteta is indeed quite savvy in his recruitment criteria having as a corner stone a liking for players possessing the ability to comfortably be competent at playing two if not three positions within his team.

It doesn't matter if the crescendo of caterwauling at the supposedly unwarranted purchase of Ben White is still at the same decibel level as it achieved last season, validation of Arteta being more than the glorified training ground cone stacker and dim witted yes man so completely out of his depth that he was all too readily painted as by some, should actually be rubber stamped by the England manager's omission of the former Brighton man from his squad while others far, far, far less deserving were indeed included.

To this end is why I am equally of the opinion that the issue which has on occasion been raised, that we don't have adequate left sided cover in the event of Magalhaes being unavailable is somewhat unfounded, given the more than adequate ability of Tomiyasu to play there as well as the Brazilian does. Admittedly, I have formed this opinion based on what I had seen from some of his performances in Italy when rather ironically first mentioned as a target for Spurs (yes I have spit and will do 1 Our Father and 2 Hail Mary's ok) while we were being linked to Emerson Royal, as well as some for Japan, what he showed of his mettle last season and the one or two times he's played left back for us.

With this in mind is why I think that tonights game against Bodø Glimt is a perfect opportunity to play him at left center half if Soares is available to play right back.

Tierney can deputize for BiGabi if needed.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:37 pm

What a player, this is one of the only times during klopps Liverpool time that we have kept salah at bay, the only other time was during the FA cup/charity shield with KT LCB and AMN LWB
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:40 pm

Genuinely didn’t know he can literally play ANYWHERE along the back 4 at a top top level.
What a player.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:01 pm

Name another player who's able to put in performances of the highest standard at RB, CB, and LB. The most versatile defender in world football.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby BexleyGooner » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:16 pm

Was worried about him against Salah. How wrong I was. Immense performance.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:16 pm

Zenith wrote:Name another player who's able to put in performances of the highest standard at RB, CB, and LB. The most versatile defender in world football.

Ainsley Maitland Niles
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:19 pm

swipe right wrote:
Zenith wrote:Name another player who's able to put in performances of the highest standard at RB, CB, and LB. The most versatile defender in world football.

Ainsley Maitland Niles

Lol
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:27 pm

swipe right wrote:

Ainsley Maitland Niles

Niles has 0 senior level appearances at CB.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk