Takehiro Tomiyasu (18)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Takehiro Tomiyasu (18)

Postby Ach » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:03 pm

So tomiyasu is better for something he hasn't done yet and may never will

Lol

Live in the here and now son. Ronaldo is a far better signing
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:04 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:You make me laugh, Ronaldo has already scored quite a few goals and won Man U a number of matches, your biastness has no limits.

Tomiyasu has started well but no one knows anything about him, Torreira and Kolasinac also started well.

If you’d asked any Arsenal fan who they’ve would choose out of those three before we signed him, none would have said him, none would say him over Ronaldo now either.

I don't want Ronaldo at Arsenal.
He's at the tail end of his career and there are already signs he's starting to undermine the manager. Utterly great player yes, would I want him at Arsenal? No.
Varane is struggling to build a partnership with McGuire - he's nearly 30 and has little to offer even in the medium term.

I don't rate either of those signings. Not even Utd can sustain buying short term sticking plasters for their squad over the long term.

Why would anyone not want arguably the best football ever who still scores for fun at the club?

Financially it’s win win, on the pitch it’s win win and in terms of club morale its win win.

Problem is with you and some Arsenal fans is that the minute we sign someone and they have a couple good games they are then the best thing since sliced bread and a better signing that even the very best players in the world.

As I said it’s early days for Tomiyasu, it could easily go the other way for him if he has a few dodgy games it’s happened countless times before to players.

I don’t think any of our signings are a success, most are totally unproven, yes some have started well but really that’s no enough to deem them a success.

Players like Ronaldo are proven time and time again, and choosing Tomiyasu over him is just due to plain rose tinted glasses.

I don't want us signing 36yr olds no matter who they are - especially not Ronaldo.
Right now we're building for the future.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:06 pm

Ach wrote:So tomiyasu is better for something he hasn't done yet and may never will

Lol

I am happy with our strategy and our signings - by far the best window of any club.
Tomiyasu might be the best of the lot.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:09 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:So tomiyasu is better for something he hasn't done yet and may never will

Lol

I am happy with our strategy and our signings - by far the best window of any club.
Tomiyasu might be the best of the lot.

Tenth place says hi
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:09 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Even just to state that Tomi is a better signing than Ronaldo is blasphemous.

Whether you think you don't think Ronaldo would be right for AFC over Tomi is your personal opinion but to state out loud in any forum or discussion that Tomi is a better signing than one of the best to ever lace up boots is a stupid thing to say.

Not really.
Ronaldo is 36 yrs old and will offer Utd a limited time period in a position they were not really struggling in - and I already see signs that he is undermining their manager.
Ronaldo will have to win Utd the league to be a great signing.
I have my doubts he'll lift them to that level - we'll see.

Tomiyasu offers years of service in a position we desperately needed to get sorted.

It's not about who is the better footballer.

I know what your saying in terms of suitability but you should just never make that comparison with such a difference in level of player.

Tbf I'm sure Ronaldo would of out performed Auba for us up front as well in front of goal, the rest is semantics.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:23 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:You make me laugh, Ronaldo has already scored quite a few goals and won Man U a number of matches, your biastness has no limits.

Tomiyasu has started well but no one knows anything about him, Torreira and Kolasinac also started well.

If you’d asked any Arsenal fan who they’ve would choose out of those three before we signed him, none would have said him, none would say him over Ronaldo now either.

He's at the tail end of his career and there are already signs he's starting to undermine the manager. Utterly great player yes, would I want him at Arsenal? No.
Varane is struggling to build a partnership with McGuire - he's nearly 30 and has little to offer even in the medium term.

I don't rate either of those signings. Not even Utd can sustain buying short term sticking plasters for their squad over the long term.

Why would anyone not want arguably the best football ever who still scores for fun at the club?

Financially it’s win win, on the pitch it’s win win and in terms of club morale its win win.

Problem is with you and some Arsenal fans is that the minute we sign someone and they have a couple good games they are then the best thing since sliced bread and a better signing that even the very best players in the world.

As I said it’s early days for Tomiyasu, it could easily go the other way for him if he has a few dodgy games it’s happened countless times before to players.

I don’t think any of our signings are a success, most are totally unproven, yes some have started well but really that’s no enough to deem them a success.

Players like Ronaldo are proven time and time again, and choosing Tomiyasu over him is just due to plain rose tinted glasses.

I don't want us signing 36yr olds no matter who they are - especially not Ronaldo.

Firstly Ronaldo brings so much to the club he goes to, on and off the pitch.

Secondly building for the future is a false economy the way we’re doing it, if and it’s a big if, we improve by the time we are close to competing they’ll either have run down their contracts or will want to move to a more successful club.

This method only works if you sign players ready to improve the team today for them to learn from and for the club to progress.

I honestly think this policy is nonsense and won’t work out well in terms of building a team.

We’ve been building for the future for the best part 15 years now on and off and have got nowhere. Wenger tried and failed many times.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:26 pm

Well that is what we will find out.
I am of the view that this strategy was the ONLY one that had a chance of getting us back to the top.

Players like Tomi are the perfect fit for the strategy.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I hate to burst your little bubble but Ronaldo has scored as many goals so far as the entire Arsenal squad.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:51 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Varane is the same age as Thomas Partey - 28.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:20 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I hate to burst your little bubble but Ronaldo has scored as many goals so far as the entire Arsenal squad.

Aubas scored 5 in the last 5
Ronaldo has scored 5 in the last 6
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:29 am

Post match interview - https://www.arsenal.com/news/every-game ... me-develop

On the point… I am not happy with the result but I have to think positively about the one point because they controlled the game most of the time. We will take one point. I'm not happy with the result but we have to be positive.

On whether the conditions made it difficult… Yes, actually yes, but you know, it will happen again in the future in the Premier League so I will have to adapt to it also. I have to adapt to every possible team and also the weather.

On another clean sheet… I am happy about the clean sheet. You have to think positively because in the box I think we won the duels. Only in the box. In other spaces we lost the duel most of the time. We have to improve this.

On settling into English football… I've played four games and every game makes me develop. I want to play in the game as much as I can to show my value and during the training.

On the atmosphere in English football… Yeah, the atmosphere in the stadiums is amazing. Especially at home. Our supporters give us a lot of energy every time. They fight with us and also we have to give them something back on the pitch.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:05 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Well that is what we will find out.
I am of the view that this strategy was the ONLY one that had a chance of getting us back to the top.

JayRam what you call a ...... "strategy" is what other clubs just call "....a signing".

What's so special about signing Tomi? he's supposed to be good and an upgrade on Bellerin, that's the whole point in buying him?

Only at AFC do we call improving the team a ....... "Rebuilding strategy".

What do you call City buying Grealish and Utd buying Ronaldo then?

Every time a new manager joins a club and is given money its essentially a rebuild, nothing special about what we're doing, the only reason it seems new is because we've bought okay players that actually want to play for this team.

I mean look where we came from, a 31 yr old Willian who hated us and sulked every time Arteta told him to lace his boots and play? a £75m flop in Pepe, flop in Torriera, flop in Guendouzi who seems to need a psychiatrist for his social disorder of p*ssing everyone off, and sht buys like Soares and Mari?

............. the only way was up son.

All we're seeing are transfers who are decent, what a novelty.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:26 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Well that is what we will find out.

JayRam what you call a ...... "strategy" is what other clubs just call "....a signing".

What's so special about signing Tomi? he's supposed to be good and an upgrade on Bellerin, that's the whole point in buying him?

Only at AFC do we call improving the team a ....... "Rebuilding strategy".

What do you call City buying Grealish and Utd buying Ronaldo then?

Every time a new manager joins a club and is given money its essentially a rebuild, nothing special about what we're doing, the only reason it seems new is because we've bought okay players that actually want to play for this team.

I mean look where we came from, a 31 yr old Willian who hated us and sulked every time Arteta told him to lace his boots and play? a £75m flop in Pepe, flop in Torriera, flop in Guendouzi who seems to need a psychiatrist for his social disorder of p*ssing everyone off, and sht buys like Soares and Mari?

............. the only way was up son.

All we're seeing are transfers who are decent, what a novelty.

I think it's fairly unusual to sign so many young players and have them all involved so much.
It's is what the club have stated they are doing too. It's not my definition.

You know my thoughts on it. Think it's correct and the only way we could have gone.
Tomiyasu is just one player.

City have the luxury of adding 1 or 2 to an already brilliant squad. Utd brought in Ronaldo for the profile. They didn't really need goals in the team. They were scoring goals. They can hope they will score more because of Ronaldo... Enough for a title, but I highly doubt it. I think it's probably a signing they will regret for other reasons.
Two clubs in very different positions to us.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:53 pm

I think what Man U will regret is keeping Solkjaer in charge and wasting all that talent.

Their team is good enough to challenge for the title, Ronaldo is that little bit extra which separates a good team from a winning one, but you still need a decent manager but Solkjaer isn’t very good.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:02 pm

Özim wrote:I think what Man U will regret is keeping Solkjaer in charge and wasting all that talent.

Their team is good enough to challenge for the title, Ronaldo is that little bit extra which separates a good team from a winning one, but you still need a decent manager but Solkjaer isn’t very good.

Don’t be surprised if Ronaldo and Varane drag them over the line. United have a very good chance of doing it this season.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk