Rob Holding joins Crystal Palace

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby Est83 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:50 pm

Who have we got as 4th choice of he goes?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby coolaa » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:19 am

Holding is a good squad player. We cannot expect to have 3 CB players at saliba level. We r not Madrid or City that can afford 2 star players in each position.

Realistically, if we can have starting 11+ bench 5 being top players , we should be satisfied, the club owners r not middle east oil investors
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:40 am

Holding is terrible, you have gone from Saliba level to Holding level, why does it have to be extremes ?!! whats wrong with just plain good or decent?

Holding is shit and finally everyone saw it in that Spurs game, a braindead lumox.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:43 am

coolaa wrote:Holding is a good squad player. We cannot expect to have 3 CB players at saliba level. We r not Madrid or City that can afford 2 star players in each position.

Realistically, if we can have starting 11+ bench 5 being top players , we should be satisfied, the club owners r not middle east oil investors

I'm sorry coolaa, but you really are giving off the impression of only having been an Arsenal fan for about five minutes relatively and maybe just a little bit longer of the professional sport of football overall, certainly in relation to the English Premier League.

The mentality you're displaying is more in keeping with having observed the mechanisms of Ligue 1, Primeira Liga, Bundesliga, Eredivisie and La Liga, which are accustomed to being totally dominated by one or two teams at best with the remainder of the teams within their respective divisions all too accepting of being also rans.

My friend, that tish just doesn't run at Arsenal, even when we've been in the doldrums as we have for the last few years, we don't wave no white flags or skulk away to find a hole to die in. Satisfied my arse.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:08 pm

Holding needs to go. He has spent his whole PL career as a substitute with us. You can't trust a perennial bench player to come on and do the job when needed.

Most of the squaddies we have were first-team players once. Holding has been here since he was 20, time for him to leave the nest and become a man.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby coolaa » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:35 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:
coolaa wrote:Holding is a good squad player. We cannot expect to have 3 CB players at saliba level. We r not Madrid or City that can afford 2 star players in each position.

I'm sorry coolaa, but you really are giving off the impression of only having been an Arsenal fan for about five minutes relatively and maybe just a little bit longer of the professional sport of football overall, certainly in relation to the English Premier League.

The mentality you're displaying is more in keeping with having observed the mechanisms of Ligue 1, Primeira Liga, Bundesliga, Eredivisie and La Liga, which are accustomed to being totally dominated by one or two teams at best with the remainder of the teams within their respective divisions all too accepting of being also rans.

My friend, that tish just doesn't run at Arsenal, even when we've been in the doldrums as we have for the last few years, we don't wave no white flags or skulk away to find a hole to die in. Satisfied my arse.

Honestly, which current team in the premier league
Has 3 top CBs? Liverpool only I reckon.
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:03 am

Liverpool don't have 3 top CBs, no club has. Lets compare the top 6 clubs and the quality of their CBs with my ratings out of 10:

Liverpool
VVD - 9
Konate - 6.5/7
Gomes - 6
Matip - 7/7.5

Man City
Dias - 9
Laporte - 7.5
Stones - 7
Ake - 6.5/7

Arsenal
White - 7/7.5
Gabriel - 7/7.5
Saliba - 7.5/8
Holding - 5.5/6

Spurs
I honestly don't know much about Romero, Dier is a 6, Sanchez is a 6, I know nothing about Tanganga

Chelsea
Koulibaly - 9
Chalobah - 5.5/6
Ampadu - ????
Silva - 6.5-7

Man U
Varane - 6/6.5
Maguire - 6/6.5
Martinez - 5/5.5
Lindeloff - 6/6.5
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:23 am

^ you could count tomiyasu as fourth choice for us if we had better than cedric as back up
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby coolaa » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:35 pm

Seriously, Holding only screwed it up against spurs, and we dropped points against inferior teams throughout the season. It really is unfair for him being the scapegoat
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zenith » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:05 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:31 am

Horrendous performance last night. In the build up to PSV's first goal, he ran at the player with the ball but he didn't commit to stopping him. Offloading him in the summer is a must.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:42 am

Never rated him, he’s another one that’s managed to carve out a career at Arsenal without ever really being good enough.

We’ve had too many of these types and still have a one or two around.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:52 pm

Depressing how much the squaddies are struggling in the fricking EL group stages
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:23 pm

Can anyone remember, did Wenger play his second string in the Europa League? Im sure he did and if I am right how can we be struggling so much? Is our second string now worse than Wenger's second string?
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby firfi » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:12 pm

Lay off him hes good enough to be bench warmer and thats it.Ofc hes gonna make mistakes cause hes not good enough , but alaso not playing regularly affects him.Just let him be sub player we need squad players on low wages.
To be fair to Arteta hes doing everything he can in terms of team pickup for games to put him asside one of the better defenders and hes still shit so maybe we just need to play more defensively sound setup?We're not attacking with this shit with inverted fullbacks and we're holding a high line thats only good if ur good at pressing and ur defenders are top quality basically seems really stupid to play that system and expect good results with lower quality players.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football