'All or Nothing' documentary

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: 'All or Nothing' documentary

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:53 am

Yeah I am going to second what DG wrote, somewhat stirring/passionate pre-match talks but way too emotional. Too much.

Too much smiling from Kroenke and Edu too, I feel that was all for the cameras to show that they are in control. What came out also is ESR's shyness, in front of the camera he is like a little mouse
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby TedLasso » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:06 pm

I kinda loved that about ESR. Quiet in training but when he feels emotion, he roars. That goal in the NLD was even better seeing him behind the scenes. Really hope he’s able to get consistent playing time this year.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:49 pm

TedLasso wrote:I kinda loved that about ESR. Quiet in training but when he feels emotion, he roars. That goal in the NLD was even better seeing him behind the scenes. Really hope he’s able to get consistent playing time this year.

I thought it was interesting hearing Arteta talk of wanting to hear and see his character in the dressing room more. Nothing wrong with ESR being an introvert but I think it's played against him. We haven't seen much of Odegaard on camera yet but since he has been made captain and chosen for that central 10 spot over ESR, I think Arteta has wrongly priortised character and passion. That's been the theme of the first 3 eps at least.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby TedLasso » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:09 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
TedLasso wrote:I kinda loved that about ESR. Quiet in training but when he feels emotion, he roars. That goal in the NLD was even better seeing him behind the scenes. Really hope he’s able to get consistent playing time this year.

I thought it was interesting hearing Arteta talk of wanting to hear and see his character in the dressing room more. Nothing wrong with ESR being an introvert but I think it's played against him. We haven't seen much of Odegaard on camera yet but since he has been made captain and chosen for that central 10 spot over ESR, I think Arteta has wrongly priortised character and passion. That's been the theme of the first 3 eps at least.

I dont know if he’s “wrongly” prioritizing character and passion but I do agree with everything else you say. Being introverted can work against you in sports, especially the ones where communication on the field/court/pitch is imperative. ESR has to get comfortable and come out of his shell if he wants to take the next step. The character and passion is clearly there, he just needs to be more assertive and confident. That should come with maturity.

There was one scene where they were taking the team pic and everyone is just chatting, waiting to begin. Odegaard is talking to no one, stone faced, staring ahead at the photographer. Thats when I realized why Arteta loves him. He’s a footballing robot.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:55 pm

Power n Glory wrote:

Agreed ...........Zidane was a quiet character, but he showed his passion on the pitch with his feet.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:09 pm

TedLasso wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

I dont know if he’s “wrongly” prioritizing character and passion but I do agree with everything else you say. Being introverted can work against you in sports, especially the ones where communication on the field/court/pitch is imperative. ESR has to get comfortable and come out of his shell if he wants to take the next step. The character and passion is clearly there, he just needs to be more assertive and confident. That should come with maturity.

There was one scene where they were taking the team pic and everyone is just chatting, waiting to begin. Odegaard is talking to no one, stone faced, staring ahead at the photographer. Thats when I realized why Arteta loves him. He’s a footballing robot.

I say 'wrongly' because I can see why Xhaka plays and it's not his ability. I hope ESR gets more game time and I honestly believe he should play in the middle and a lot closer to Saka. They both have that chemistry.

I guess the more expressive players are what Arteta gravitates to more because he's so expressive. I'm not sure about the handling of the quiet ones. There is a bit of a pattern. Ozil was quiet, Pepe is quiet and Tavares is quiet. I want to see what happens in the series with Tavares. We know how it ends but his confidence must have hit rock bottom.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:13 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Agreed ...........Zidane was a quiet character, but he showed his passion on the pitch with his feet.

Yep, Zidane, Messi, Ozil.....

Hopefully, ESR gets his moment this season. Started off well last year and as Henry said, both him and Saka have Arsenal on their forehead...or whatever he said. You can see ESR cares on the pitch.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:20 pm

I don't have a problem with ESR being introverted or even meek on the pitch, as long as he puts in the effort and doesn't shirk his responsibilities. Not everyone is a leader but this is the exact reason why we need leaders on the pitch. Leaders stop other players from not putting in 100%. I don't think we have anything to worry about when it comes to ESR
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:05 pm

Watched all three eps and so far it's good. Nothing too deep, pretty surface and it's part of the Arsenal PR. As Arteta said, his main goal is to get people back believing in Arsenal. This is all part of the show. A lot of emphasis on emotion, passion and all the stuff fans gravitate too. I dig it but not fully sold.

Arteta is star of the show. He's looking good on camera. Strong communicator and says the right things. It was good to Josh Kroenke speak and on camera in the first ep. You can see he's fully behind Arteta but let's see if he shows up again or if we see a Zoom/phonecall. Edu and Vinai are both peripheral figures. If shit were to hit the fan this season, I wouldn't be surprised if it were their heads on the chopping block. We'll see how the doc progresses but so far they haven't said much at all.

Not much on tactics but liked the bit where Arteta wanted the players try and memories that formation and player number diagram. Positional awareness and wanted the players to know where their teammates are and will be off instinct is good but also goes back to that rigid micro management I've spoken about. I wonder if that sort of thing throws a player off if they spot someone out of position and if it leads to finger pointing.

Xhaka telling Rob Holding he's sitting too deep against Chelsea and then Arteta repeating that same thing in the half time team talk stood out to me as well. Nice to hear the story behind the stars in Auba's haircut then to see him score. Good stuff on Ramsdale and his personality. He'd get my vote as captain. Feel a bit sorry for Tavares knowing he's quiet. Some good stuff so far. Good to see Henry involved and they even had a snippet from Arseblog. lol. So far so good.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:40 pm

Watched the first 3 episodes finally

Thank God for subtitles
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:46 pm

New batch of 3 episodes out today.

Will watch them this evening.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:44 pm

Watched episode 4. Pretty much the same
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:17 pm

Just finished the 5th.

Still think the whole Auba situation was handled poorly over what still seems to be just a bit of tardiness.

Could Mikel have bit the bullet, got Auba back on side and then offload him at the end of the season ?

Barca paid 40million for Lewandoski. To see the club celebrating giving away a player of similar stature for free to the same club (that we paid £60million for) was odd.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby themessiah » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:25 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Just finished the 5th.

Still think the whole Auba situation was handled poorly over what still seems to be just a bit of tardiness.

Could Mikel have bit the bullet, got Auba back on side and then offload him at the end of the season ?

Barca paid 40million for Lewandoski. To see the club celebrating giving away a player of similar stature for free to the same club (that we paid £60million for) was odd.

Just Finished episode 5 as well. Tbf Arteta should become a motivational speaker because that's all he does in the documentary. He's tactically inept. In Scum and City's All or Nothing, the both managers were actually giving out tactics not drawing like a 5 year old on a white chart to motivate the team.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:54 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Just finished the 5th.

If he'd waited til the end of the season we might not have been able to get Jesus in as quickly this window.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk