2022 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:22 pm

Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Still a lot of players to move on.

Bellerin
AMN
Leno
Torreira
Runarsson
Pablo Mari
Pepe
Reiss Nelson

This concerns me more than the incomings, I trust some incomings will happen and we will get at least 2 more shiny new toys.

Outgoings we hardly even have rumours outside of a weak 'Bellerin talking to Atletico'.

It's very quiet. I just hope we don't loan them all out and leave ourselves short if we don't buy anyone else.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:51 pm

swipe right wrote:The window so far….
Brazilian kid Marquinhos
Pubber from the States named Turner
Portuguese kid with potential Vieira
Bonafide first team signing Jesus

When you compare that to our rivals 4th doesn't look on the cards.

Even adding one of Onana or Tielemans ....... still doesn't make our attack any more potent.

Martinelli, Saka, Jesus, Nketiah ..... is who we'll be relying on to be prolific and I just don't see enough firepower there.

I mean Spurs front line will still be better than ours, that's no improvement on last year, all we've done is swapped Laca / Auba for Jesus.

......... and Auba is the best finisher of the lot of them.

Now if we got Gnabry and Jesus, then we'd be talking.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:39 am

Santi wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Santi wrote:You guys lap everything up lol, we ain't struggling to agree a deal for Tielemans...we're clearly not that arsed and will go sign him if we can't get anyone better.

Martinez maybe but I doubt United wouldn't have just come in anyway if we'd gotten a bid accepted. There's no real 'move quicker' than another club, just one set of dickheads start the bidding. Utd finding the same now with De Jong and Chelsea. Spurs did all the work on Richarlison only for Chelsea to try last minute to hijack it.

Relax you sweaty cúnts.

We’re not after Tielemans but yet spend 34 million on a player who we don’t need? Tielemans cost less as well.

Our transfer policy makes zero sense, it was the same last summer.

CM, CF and LB we’re the priority and even with the CF we didn’t really get a suitable one.

Why don't we need Vieira? He's likely to play CM looking at the other moves we've made. Concern is more him being a bit lightweight and hence I still want another CM.

I also didn't say we're not after Tielemans, I just think we're not that bothered about him. He's the fall back for 25m if we exhaust our other options I'm guessing.

Addressing your concerns about Vieira, why did we buy him as a CM if he looks a bit lightweight and we will need to buy another one, why didn't we just buy a sensible CM in the first place ?!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:04 am

Dunno mate that’s why I’ve mentioned my concern…?

There’s always the chance the actual football guys know something I don’t though…
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Reiss » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:22 am

Biggest issue was striker for me which we have now addressed.

Next one is CM.

We must must get a top CM in. Tielemans or someone of his ilk.

If we do that then I'll be extremely happy as we will have addressed our two most concerning areas. Any other signings like winger will be an added bonus.

:pray:
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby swipe right » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:01 pm

Current window has us looking like fifth place. We need a few big signings in midfield and on the flanks to push us into top four.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:24 pm

United get Eriksen on a free.

Eriksen
Malacia
De Jong
Martinez

Not a bad start if they land their targets as epxected.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:28 pm

Wr are settling into a fifth-sixth rhythm. Always said a door for fourth will close once United and Spurs get settled managers.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:02 pm

swipe right wrote:Current window has us looking like fifth place. We need a few big signings in midfield and on the flanks to push us into top four.

And only because Utd still haven't closed one major signing, and may lose Ronaldo, who is good for 15 league goals minimum. If they get FdJ from Barca, I'd think they have a better shot at 5th.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:44 pm

The thing is, United are still a money making machine. They just haven’t landed on a settled manager. This is a good moment for them as a lot of difficult players are coming out of contract and Ten Haag and will have the money and opportunity to buy well. To be determined if he succeeds but a window is opening for United.
Similarly Conte will shape Spurs for a fight. That means that fourth spot is going to be hard going with City and Liverpool fighting for 1-2 and Chelsea having a enough in their locker for 3-4.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:49 pm

We have 3 Brazilian Gabbys now.
On to the next. Is Savic( Lazio) on the way? Or Dybala? Things are heating up. We mean business this time.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby 22-0 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:57 pm

ag6789 wrote:We have 3 Brazilian Gabbys now.
On to the next. Is Savic( Lazio) on the way? Or Dybala? Things are heating up. We mean business this time.

dybala would only want like 400k a week. :rofll:
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:09 pm

How do we feel about Gnabry? He’s still very young at 26. Has history with us. And been explosive the past few seasons though he seems to have cooled off a bit.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:18 pm

Dybala or Gnabry, who knows, but feels like Edu &Co. have more up their sleeves. It would be interesting as the window progresses and dominoes begin to fall.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:19 pm

swipe right wrote:How do we feel about Gnabry? He’s still very young at 26. Has history with us. And been explosive the past few seasons though he seems to have cooled off a bit.

Media stating we're out of that one.

To expensive and he's just not on Arteta's priority list.

......... think he should be though.

Spurs have Kane and Son, we could have Jesus and Gnabry.

But as per usual we'll likely leave ourselves short, we actually haven't improved our attack one bit even with Jesus.

We lost Auba / Laca for Jesus.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk