2022 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:37 am

Power n Glory wrote:Still a lot of players to move on.

Bellerin
AMN
Leno
Torreira
Runarsson
Pablo Mari
Pepe
Reiss Nelson

This concerns me more than the incomings, I trust some incomings will happen and we will get at least 2 more shiny new toys.

Outgoings we hardly even have rumours outside of a weak 'Bellerin talking to Atletico'.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:27 am

Bellerin was the captain in the last game we played... not great sign.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:44 am

I can't believe Betis can't scrape together £5m for Bellerin.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:56 am

They and Bellerin are hoping we tear up his contract and allow him to go there for free. We save £5m on wages, they save £5m on transfer fees.

Very risky business when we started paying loads of players off.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:59 am

alexafc12 wrote:They and Bellerin are hoping we tear up his contract and allow him to go there for free. We save £5m on wages, they save £5m on transfer fees.

Very risky business when we started paying loads of players off.

Yep, biding their time until we're desperate.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:04 pm

Santi wrote:You guys lap everything up lol, we ain't struggling to agree a deal for Tielemans...we're clearly not that arsed and will go sign him if we can't get anyone better.

Martinez maybe but I doubt United wouldn't have just come in anyway if we'd gotten a bid accepted. There's no real 'move quicker' than another club, just one set of dickheads start the bidding. Utd finding the same now with De Jong and Chelsea. Spurs did all the work on Richarlison only for Chelsea to try last minute to hijack it.

Relax you sweaty cúnts.

We’re not after Tielemans but yet spend 34 million on a player who we don’t need? Tielemans cost less as well.

Our transfer policy makes zero sense, it was the same last summer.

CM, CF and LB we’re the priority and even with the CF we didn’t really get a suitable one.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:20 pm

Arteta is illogical. Like a pubescent 12 year old girl who doesn't understand her emotions and acts random, thats Arteta, random!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:33 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Santi wrote:You guys lap everything up lol, we ain't struggling to agree a deal for Tielemans...we're clearly not that arsed and will go sign him if we can't get anyone better.

Martinez maybe but I doubt United wouldn't have just come in anyway if we'd gotten a bid accepted. There's no real 'move quicker' than another club, just one set of dickheads start the bidding. Utd finding the same now with De Jong and Chelsea. Spurs did all the work on Richarlison only for Chelsea to try last minute to hijack it.

Relax you sweaty cúnts.

We’re not after Tielemans but yet spend 34 million on a player who we don’t need? Tielemans cost less as well.

CM, CF and LB we’re the priority and even with the CF we didn’t really get a suitable one.

Why don't we need Vieira? He's likely to play CM looking at the other moves we've made. Concern is more him being a bit lightweight and hence I still want another CM.

I also didn't say we're not after Tielemans, I just think we're not that bothered about him. He's the fall back for 25m if we exhaust our other options I'm guessing.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:10 pm

Santi wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

Relax you sweaty cúnts.

Why don't we need Vieira? He's likely to play CM looking at the other moves we've made. Concern is more him being a bit lightweight and hence I still want another CM.

I also didn't say we're not after Tielemans, I just think we're not that bothered about him. He's the fall back for 25m if we exhaust our other options I'm guessing.

He’s not really going to play and he’s certainly not the answer to our creativity issues in midfield, we need someone experienced and ready to go not a young player who was only a sub in the Portuguese league and isn’t even an International yet, there were better options, 34 million is a lot for what is essentially a gamble.

I think my point is he’s not a starter so why are we making him a priority signing?
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:32 pm

I reckon he’ll start a lot more than you expect. I think the aim is a proper 4-3-3 with Partey deep and two creative players around him (odegaard being one)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:19 pm

The Tielemans links to us have been there since well before the end of the season when it was known that the player wasn't going to extend. For it to have gone cold with a price tag of £25m, I would bet that either wages are the issue, or he thinks he can get a CL club.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:44 pm

Santi wrote:I reckon he’ll start a lot more than you expect. I think the aim is a proper 4-3-3 with Partey deep and two creative players around him (odegaard being one)

We’ll see, considering he wasn’t even a starter for Porto I’d be surprised.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:51 pm

Maybe they are looking at other targets too. Tielemans isn't the be all and end all for a CM. Maybe they wish to keep it under wraps to deflect undue attention.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby 22-0 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:17 pm

Im so bored looking at transfer news... wake me up when something happens.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:33 pm

The window so far….
Brazilian kid Marquinhos
Pubber from the States named Turner
Portuguese kid with potential Vieira
Bonafide first team signing Jesus
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp