2022 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:02 pm

Hopefully Vieira will be a starter, but all will depend on his pre-season and how he adapts.
If he works out, most of our midfield problems will be solved. But a step at a time, and I think we might still get another midfielder before the window closes.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:08 pm

swipe right wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Well, the first team was pretty good last season ( when fit , of course), but the backups weren't upto the level. So, it is mostly about building depth ( Vieira and...waiting) and replacing out of form/outgoing mainstays( Auba, Laca) with new ones( Jesus).
Look forward to couple more signings and how we dispose of the fringe players or reinstate any of them.
Wouldn't mind reinstating Torreira ( decent option to have) if he cannot be sold, and, send Lokonga on loan.

Vieira will be a starter

Ahead of who ?

The only starter we’ve signed is Jesus and he’s been brought in to replace Auba.

4-3-3 with Odegard and Partey. Will play the metronome role.

Maybe longer term but I don’t see it first 12 months.

22 year old with limited first team football. All of which has come in the Portuguese league, mainly playing from the right.

I highly doubt he will be a regular in the PL starting 11 this season. He wasn’t always at Porto either. More likely he provides cover for Odegaard or Saka from the bench and then we use the cup competitions to bed him in.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:21 pm

If Raphinha goes to Chelsea my fear may come true.

We will go into the season having not really strengthened a single starting 11 position. If anything you could make an argument that at his best Auba is better than Jesus.

Worrying when United, Chelsea and Spurs are all signing players to strengthen their starting 11s and we're bolstering our bench...

alexafc12 wrote:We've done nothing yet. Fantastic start but all we've done is replaced outgoings and signed backups.

Now it's time to strengthen the starting 11.

2021:
Ramsdale

Tomiyasu -- White -- Gabriel -- Tierney

Partey -- Xhaka

Odegaard

Saka -- Auba -- Martinelli

2022:
Ramsdale

Partey -- Xhaka

Odegaard

Saka -- Jesus -- Martinelli
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby 22-0 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:23 pm

Cant really argue with that... the only hope we have that saka and mertinelli finally make the breakthrough theyre suppose to make and turn into world beaters.. but thats a bit copium.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Reiss » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:34 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Reiss wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:It is a lot of money to pay for him tbh.

But i guess that's what we had to do to fend off potential competition from the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Madrid.

they went from

'no-one else was interested in him so he came to us'

to

'its only cause we offered the most amount of money'

the hypocrisy :dontknow:

This low key trolling is getting very tiresome.

You obviously don't come here for discussion, just to purely find angles to WUM, its literally in every post you make.

Every post is some snarkey put down, come back or exaggeration.

I made a post about him coming here and got a load of people saying that he only chose us cause no-one else was interested. I proved you all wrong and once again get labelled a troll for stating facts.

Do you have some sort of fetish for trolls? It's all you ever talk about.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:59 pm

Where do we go from here ?

Are we going to move for another winger or do we stick with Pepe / Nelson ?
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:04 pm

Keep Nelson around, buy Scamacca so that Jesus can also be used out wide at times and we have two styles on offer up top.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:19 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Where do we go from here ?

Are we going to move for another winger or do we stick with Pepe / Nelson ?

gakpo is the only last solution for backup/rotation now and hes still unproven.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:22 pm

Turning out to be a bad as window as the last couple lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:29 pm

Reiss wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Reiss wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:It is a lot of money to pay for him tbh.

But i guess that's what we had to do to fend off potential competition from the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Madrid.

they went from

'no-one else was interested in him so he came to us'

to

'its only cause we offered the most amount of money'

the hypocrisy :dontknow:

This low key trolling is getting very tiresome.

You obviously don't come here for discussion, just to purely find angles to WUM, its literally in every post you make.

Every post is some snarkey put down, come back or exaggeration.

I made a post about him coming here and got a load of people saying that he only chose us cause no-one else was interested. I proved you all wrong and once again get labelled a troll for stating facts.

Do you have some sort of fetish for trolls? It's all you ever talk about.

No one else was seriously interested in Jesus, Real want Mbappe and Jesus just isn’t in the same class or the profile of player they want, Chelsea want Sterling (hence their offer and Spurs want Richarlson.

We were the only ones seriously interested and he only came because he’d be playing regularly and we gave him big money.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm

ag6789 wrote:Hopefully Vieira will be a starter, but all will depend on his pre-season and how he adapts.
If he works out, most of our midfield problems will be solved. But a step at a time, and I think we might still get another midfielder before the window closes.

I doubt he’ll start, personally would have signed Szoboszlai who looks a very good player and could have started for us and has played a fair few Internationals (and is younger).

With Vieira not being a first teamer for Porto he can’t come in and be one for us.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:37 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Well, the first team was pretty good last season ( when fit , of course), but the backups weren't upto the level. So, it is mostly about building depth ( Vieira and...waiting) and replacing out of form/outgoing mainstays( Auba, Laca) with new ones( Jesus).
Look forward to couple more signings and how we dispose of the fringe players or reinstate any of them.
Wouldn't mind reinstating Torreira ( decent option to have) if he cannot be sold, and, send Lokonga on loan.

Vieira will be a starter

Ahead of who ?

The only starter we’ve signed is Jesus and he’s been brought in to replace Auba.

4-3-3 with Odegard and Partey. Will play the metronome role.

Maybe longer term but I don’t see it first 12 months.

22 year old with limited first team football. All of which has come in the Portuguese league, mainly playing from the right.

I highly doubt he will be a regular in the PL starting 11 this season. He wasn’t always at Porto either. More likely he provides cover for Odegaard or Saka from the bench and then we use the cup competitions to bed him in.

I don't see us spending £35m on someone we don't plan to give plenty of minutes to. Still ... with Arteta .. anything is possible .....
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:39 pm

alexafc12 wrote:If Raphinha goes to Chelsea my fear may come true.

We will go into the season having not really strengthened a single starting 11 position. If anything you could make an argument that at his best Auba is better than Jesus.

Worrying when United, Chelsea and Spurs are all signing players to strengthen their starting 11s and we're bolstering our bench...

alexafc12 wrote:We've done nothing yet. Fantastic start but all we've done is replaced outgoings and signed backups.

2021:
Ramsdale

Partey -- Xhaka

Odegaard

2022:
Ramsdale

Partey -- Xhaka

Odegaard

Its not even a comparison ! At his best Auba IS world class. Jesus has never been world class, thats not to say that he can't get there but we haven't seen it yet.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:44 pm

Ach wrote:Turning out to be a bad as window as the last couple lol

How was last summer bad?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Est83 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:46 pm

theHotHead wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:If Raphinha goes to Chelsea my fear may come true.

2021:
Ramsdale

Partey -- Xhaka

Odegaard

2022:
Ramsdale

Partey -- Xhaka

Odegaard

Its not even a comparison ! At his best Auba IS world class. Jesus has never been world class, thats not to say that he can't get there but we haven't seen it yet.

Was it a prime, focused and in from Auba though?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk