The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Percentage Behind the Manager Thread

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 23, 2022 11:49 am

So almost 3 seasons of Arteta and you want us to believe that 6th/5th place was the target in this latest season ?! :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon May 23, 2022 11:53 am

Reiss wrote:We hit our target.

We nearly over achieved by getting 4th.

Wasn't the target win the CL within 3 years?

We can't even qualify for it
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:53 am

Reiss wrote:100%

Our very own Nagelsmann. Love what he's doing at the club- we are lucky to have him.

Both lost to Villarreal, guess they are similar
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Goonerred » Mon May 23, 2022 12:06 pm

Reiss wrote:
Ach wrote:
Reiss wrote:100%

Our very own Nagelsmann. Love what he's doing at the club- we are lucky to have him.

Missed the last 2 years?

Or this season?

Where we finished 3 places higher and 8 points better off? No I didn't.

Back to where Unai had us position wise, one point worse off. He has only bettered himself. How the hell is that progress??? He had better take us forward from this point.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby alexafc12 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:38 pm

Ach wrote:

:rofll:
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Mon May 23, 2022 6:15 pm

Reiss wrote:Unai had prime Auba and Laca.

Good point
Look what Arteta turned Auba and Laca into, Auba is scoring again for Barca be interesting to see how Laca goes when he moves
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Tue May 24, 2022 8:36 am

I'm behind him. I like the organisation, the culture change, the back 5, the #10 and Partey. I like where we're headed.

I'll always hold some resentment over the January transfer window though, and the faith he's shown in Xhaka.

For me the midfield is a huge problem area and it at least needed some temporary cover brought in over January. Long term plans and a clear goal are good, but sometimes a situation might require you to deviate from that, and there should have been a contingency plan.

We should be back in the CL, and long term plans or not, finishing 5th has to be seen as a failure... a preventable one at that.

We need to be straight back in the top 4 next season, otherwise January will be where it all went wrong for Arteta.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Goonerred » Tue May 24, 2022 8:40 am

Est83 wrote:I'm behind him. I like the organisation, the culture change, the back 5, the #10 and Partey. I like where we're headed.

I'll always hold some resentment over the January transfer window though, and the faith he's shown in Xhaka.

For me the midfield is a huge problem area and it at least needed some temporary cover brought in over January. Long term plans and a clear goal are good, but sometimes a situation might require you to deviate from that, and there should have been a contingency plan.

We should be back in the CL, and long term plans or not, finishing 5th has to be seen as a failure... a preventable one at that.

We need to be straight back in the top 4 next season, otherwise January will be where it all went wrong for Arteta.

That is already, now, one of the main things that went wrong for Arteta.
Goonerred

Postby Est83 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:02 am

Yes, definitely should have made 4th. It's whether or not there's a huge lock on effect that's the issue.

I said in another thread that CL qualification won't have an impact on how much is invested in the team this summer, but it does change who we can attract. If we've accounted for that and have clear targets in mind who were part of the plan originally - and we get those players - then missing out on CL football is less of a disaster. We're still building after all.

If we see Sp*rs on roids, invest heavily and suddenly bridge the gap somewhat, whilst we miss out on our targets (even worse if it's to them)... AND if we start next season anything like the way we did this season, then it's game over. And that will all be down to January.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Santi » Tue May 24, 2022 11:03 am

Est83 wrote:I'm behind him. I like the organisation, the culture change, the back 5, the #10 and Partey. I like where we're headed.

Good post, agree with your view :)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:01 pm

Got to be high for everyone now.
I would say I am still 90%.
Want to see us still be within touching distance of the top when we break for the World Cup.
I also want to see us bounce back quickly when the first loss comes. Not go on a bad run of 3 games.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:42 pm

Well we bounced back quickly after that first loss. Very positive.
95% now
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:12 pm

Ach wrote:

Perhaps next season. We have the talent that's for sure, so no excuses really are there for not qualifying.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Rockape » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:15 pm

Rockape wrote:
Rockape wrote:
Rockape wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Rockape wrote:
Rockape wrote:
Rockape wrote:
Rockape wrote:Oct 31st
Rockape wrote:I’m going to move from 0 to 35%. Younger players starting to get results and working hard for each other, which was lacking until quite recently. If we maintain this form and keep churning out results, it will be past 50% by December.

So probably did get to the giddy heights of 55% at the beginning of Dec, but back to 35% after these three defeats.

Great bounce back from those three games, shows we are on a generally upward trajectory. So he’s now got to the giddy heights of 60%.

Well, we’re definitely on the up, dead wood finally cleared, the team are bonding well, fighting for each other and winning most games. So giving it him the benefit of the doubt on a couple of things, he moves up to 75%. Quite a turn around from only two months ago.

I always look to my previous post to see what has fundamentally changed and whilst things haven't gone our way of late, nothing has intrinsically changed either.....so will stick to 75% for now. You can't make good players come to our Club, especially when there aren't very many of them and a lot of other Clubs are also trying to lure them.

75% despite losing 3 and drawing 2 in January and scoring just 1 goal, failing to beat the bottom side at home and then failing to find even 1 replacement for outgoings?

That’s very generous indeed.

Maybe, but we exceeded expectations before that, so whilst this recent run of results including stupid sendings off is not what we want to see, you can't expect everything to go perfectly. So I'll see how we get on in the next half dozen games and hope to see us get back on track.

I think he's building an exciting team that are climbing the table......what more can we realistically ask for? I'm sure he'll be the first to admit there are still peices of the jigsaw missing, but at least he hasn't wasted money on mediocre players that will soak up the wage bill, whilst looking for the right players. So 80% and if we make the CL, he'll make 100%.

I think I'll get this early, before our CL qualification goes completely tits up! I lasted posted a few months back on this (above) and still feel the same. If we fail to get 4th, I'll still support him next season and just hope we can bolster the team in the summer to make a more consistent go of it.

My first comment since May. He didn't make the CL, but he's made a great start to the season, which will be long and bumpy. However, he's taking us forward and for that reason my 80% rises to 90%.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:20 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Ach wrote:

Perhaps next season. We have the talent that's for sure, so no excuses really are there for not qualifying.

Next season to win it or to qualify for it?

We're behind schedule. Should've been in CL this season and maybe think about winning it next with more additions.

Had a great start to the season. Hopefully it ends with minimum target of top 4 and Europa League trophy.

It'll be tough and we've not yet shown in the arteta era we can handle tough situations but there's something about this season which has me hopeful. Maybe it's false hope. That's yet to be seen but it's better than last season where we all knew we'd f**k up and did.

Can't say that now
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk