Major Refereeing Decisions

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Major Refereeing Decisions

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:32 pm

Timing of this seems suspicious too.
On the back of the media pile on trying to pin all postponements due to Covid on Arsenal.
This claim is from the betting company who have to pay out.
For all we know a newspaper bunged them a few quid to make the claim in order to create a story.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby BexleyGooner » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:40 pm

Albanian mafia behind all this. They love a good sporting fix.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StockGooner » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:10 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Timing of this seems suspicious too.
On the back of the media pile on trying to pin all postponements due to Covid on Arsenal.
This claim is from the betting company who have to pay out.
For all we know a newspaper bunged them a few quid to make the claim in order to create a story.

I wonder where people stand on the Daniel Sturridge thing. He got a ban for his brother putting on a potential move. I read his argument which was one of essentially; if they're going to take a bet on my life, that's on them, but I am going to tell friends and family about my move.

I feel for him here, at the end of the day that betting company are making money off him, based on odds etc, so when it goes wrong they cry wolf? Doesn't seem fair.

This one rumoured now is a bit more suspect as that is impacting on game results. I don't like betting and the impact it has on the game and lives anyway, but just personal to me. Others will love it and others will dabble but it's here to stay
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:17 pm

Absolute story about nothing lol

Either way would be the ref not Xhaka so why's anyone trying to make this an Arsenal thing :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby FrustratedGooner » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:24 am

If it is him that they are investigating would not be suspicious he is an absolute idiot that gets yellows and reds for stupid things so I’d happily bet on a high profile game that he will loose his head and get booked.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:49 am

Knowing xhaka as we do, he probably forgot he had to get booked and got booked anyway cos he's an idiot
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:39 am

I don't know how you would commit a particular foul in an exact minute of a game anyway, you don't control where the ball or play will be during the game, so to say you can commit a foul at a predetermined minute of the game - whilst not wearing a watch (which players cannot wear) so not sure of the exact time anyway, seems a bit far-fetched to me.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:04 pm

theHotHead wrote:I don't know how you would commit a particular foul in an exact minute of a game anyway, you don't control where the ball or play will be during the game, so to say you can commit a foul at a predetermined minute of the game - whilst not wearing a watch (which players cannot wear) so not sure of the exact time anyway, seems a bit far-fetched to me.

Don't think the bets are in a particular minute... I guess they can be, but you can bet on the remainder of the game left, for example, and place that bet with 5 minutes to go.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:06 pm

Reiss wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Reiss wrote:
Jedi wrote:We don't even know that it's Xhaka and now you're extrapolating all kind of BS that's ridiculous.

Can we just wait for the investigation to conclude instead of making assertions with zero evidence?

Think you've come to the wrong place.

Of course we're going to talk about Arsenal news on an Arsenal forum. Whether that's injuries, lines ups or breaking news.

If it's too much for you then maybe you should attend a mothers meeting instead.

It's not a problem to discuss something, it's a problem when you're making shit up.

You'll start from a concerning tweet about a bet on Xhaka potentially being suspicious, but then move on to saying he's conceding penalties and red cards on purpose which is completely psychotic.

Personally I think being oblivious to evidence is psychotic.

Top be fair there is no evidence at all that is Xhaka.
All we had was a twitter post that showed he was bet on in the Leeds game.
Do we know that is even the incident in question?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:25 pm

All of them valid tbf
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:40 pm

Not an excuse for the performance, but more competent officiating would've increased our chances of sealing a win.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:41 pm

What's the got to do with the idea that 'he's conceding penalties and red cards on purpose' though?

Cba to go back but given it's Jedi, I trust those words were actually said and they are preposterous. The fact it's his yellow being investigated doesn't mean he knew anything about it, the ref controls the cards.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:44 pm

True. The ref controls the cards and could be the dodgy one. We've seen dubious cards given talking for talking back to the ref or really soft fouls. But a player can also pick up an easy yellow for stuff like time wasting at the end of the match, which usually results in a booking.

Hopefully, we hear more on this one.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:51 pm

Power n Glory wrote:True. The ref controls the cards and could be the dodgy one. We've seen dubious cards given talking for talking back to the ref or really soft fouls. But a player can also pick up an easy yellow for stuff like time wasting at the end of the match, which usually results in a booking.

It's odd to pick up a card for time wasting when you are 4-1 up, absolutely no point.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:57 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:True. The ref controls the cards and could be the dodgy one. We've seen dubious cards given talking for talking back to the ref or really soft fouls. But a player can also pick up an easy yellow for stuff like time wasting at the end of the match, which usually results in a booking.

It's odd to pick up a card for time wasting when you are 4-1 up, absolutely no point.

Yeah, would have to watch it in full to see if the ref was card happy or Xhaka being a dick.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk