Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:25 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:57 PL games
0 goals
1 assist

Won only 42% of the games he played in.

So clearly not a creative player or an influential player.
Unfortunately he was also not strong at tackling or shielding the back 4, didn’t excel at winning the ball at all in fact

So what was he?
The guy was a key part of our go nowhere endless and pointless passing game.

But but let’s pretend he was brilliant for us.
Good grief.

Not good enough for a PL top 4 side.
Is he better than our current midfielders? No.

Poor argument given his inexperience when he joined us and the position he plays in. For instance, no one is complaining that Lokonga isn’t scoring and assisting.

So far this season and last season Xhaka played 58 games, 1 goal and 3 assists.

Partey - since joining he has 1 goal and 3 assist.

Lokonga is new but he plays like a kid that's just getting his first taste of senior football.

But overall, we don't have CM senior that even score and assist. It's not really the right metric to judge a CM on. Not ours anyway.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:29 am

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I said when we had him before that he was the type of lad I'd like in the trenches with me as he has a lot of fight.

Unfortunately it turns out that it's not just the enemy that he wants to fight.

Surely, it's the club's manager and people around him to develop that side of him so that he can reach his potential. Ostracising a young kid with a bit of attitude is not the way to go in my opinion.

What is this?
I myself was one of Guendouzi’s biggest cheerleaders when he first got here. But that excitement slowly started to wear by the season due to his recklessness, hotheadedness and lack of progress as a talent. I felt like he had stagnated as a talent and may be needed a loan move away.

The manager is not here to baby sit poor attitude and bad mannered primadonnas.
I am not Arteta’s biggest fan but what I rate about him is his ruthlessness while dealing with these entitled, overrated, overpaid and overpampered primadonnas of ours.. I really rate this attribute of his together with his ability’ to spot, acknowledge and address the weak areas in our team. He seems to always be able to notice positions needing strengthening, goes out and tries to signs those players. These 2 traits are very endearing for me. That’s why I keep saying that he would make a very competent Assistant manager or Director Of Football.

Back on the Guendouzi over hype train. Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Lokonga, Tomiyasu, Ramsdale, Tierney, Tavares etc are all between the ages of 19 years to 25 years old, the same age bracket as Guendouzi. But why can they all try being humble, mature and professional while bGuendouzi has to be baby sat? Arsenal or the manager is not here to baby sit poor attitude and bad mannered egotistical squad players. We have more pressing issues that need to be addressed as a club. Wasting time on average bad attitude players should not be an option. We hope for a sense of peace, calm, stability and harmony in the dressing room and at the club nowadays. Whichever player that does not want to buy into this can go find another club that suits their ego, mentality, attitude and needs.

If guendouzi was at the level of young Fabregas, Diaby, Wilshere etc then I would maybe try to bend over backwards to accommodate. Even then I would not accommodate such nonsense and lack of humility from any of them.

I have had enough of such players who seem to think everything should revolve around their precious egos. If Guendouzi is still egotistical and entitled then I hope Arteta will send him away again next season, only if Arteta himself can keep his job for next season.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 am

^ in there is the key point. If Guendouzi was even close to being a star player that could really take us forward the club would have done much more to smooth out his issues.

It just seems that some of our fans are trying to create a world 11 of superstars , who in reality are bang average, just because Arteta’s got rid of them.

There are no young players that have left recently that have proven to be a big miss… in fact we’ve improved since they left.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:11 pm

Goonerz wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I said when we had him before that he was the type of lad I'd like in the trenches with me as he has a lot of fight.

Surely, it's the club's manager and people around him to develop that side of him so that he can reach his potential. Ostracising a young kid with a bit of attitude is not the way to go in my opinion.

What is this?
I myself was one of Guendouzi’s biggest cheerleaders when he first got here. But that excitement slowly started to wear by the season due to his recklessness, hotheadedness and lack of progress as a talent. I felt like he had stagnated as a talent and may be needed a loan move away.

I am not Arteta’s biggest fan but what I rate about him is his ruthlessness while dealing with these entitled, overrated, overpaid and overpampered primadonnas of ours.. I really rate this attribute of his together with his ability’ to spot, acknowledge and address the weak areas in our team. He seems to always be able to notice positions needing strengthening, goes out and tries to signs those players. These 2 traits are very endearing for me. That’s why I keep saying that he would make a very competent Assistant manager or Director Of Football.

Back on the Guendouzi over hype train. Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Lokonga, Tomiyasu, Ramsdale, Tierney, Tavares etc are all between the ages of 19 years to 25 years old, the same age bracket as Guendouzi. But why can they all try being humble, mature and professional while bGuendouzi has to be baby sat? Arsenal or the manager is not here to baby sit poor attitude and bad mannered egotistical squad players. We have more pressing issues that need to be addressed as a club. Wasting time on average bad attitude players should not be an option. We hope for a sense of peace, calm, stability and harmony in the dressing room and at the club nowadays. Whichever player that does not want to buy into this can go find another club that suits their ego, mentality, attitude and needs.

If guendouzi was at the level of young Fabregas, Diaby, Wilshere etc then I would maybe try to bend over backwards to accommodate. Even then I would not accommodate such nonsense and lack of humility from any of them.

I have had enough of such players who seem to think everything should revolve around their precious egos. If Guendouzi is still egotistical and entitled then I hope Arteta will send him away again next season, only if Arteta himself can keep his job for next season.

Can you give us a link showing Arteta babysitting Guendozi. Thanks
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:41 pm

swipe right wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

What is this?

Here you go

http://static.skaip.org/img/emoticons/1 ... ooning.gif
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:44 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
Good managers get rid of problem players with bad attitudes, they don’t ‘fix’ them.
These are not children.

We seem to have a generation of young people who think it’s someone else’s responsibility to make them successful and someone else’s accountability for all their f**k ups.

Guendouzi got tossed out of the PL because he had a shitty attitude and didn’t have the ability to make him indispensable. It was no one else’s fault but his own.
It remains to be seen whether he can grow up and improve to the level he can actually play for a top PL club. The evidence of this season in a lower league suggests he is destined to have an average career in football.

I don't agree, many of them come from low income backgrounds and start making a lot of money, they do need some guidance No, they're not kids but they are plunged into an alien world, if they can't change after they get help then kick them out. I'm not sure that he did anything worse than others.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

There's a huge difference between making mistakes & being sometimes ill-disciplined on the pitch, versus being ill-disciplined to a degree whereby your are fighting with team mates in training and openly disrespecting / disobeying the manager - which is what this boy was apparently doing.

Slinging the captain's armband on the ground and telling fans to eff off is not bad enough for you?

Why did Xhaka tell our pompous fans to Eff Off?
Do you know the story behind that whole saga?
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:47 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
Good managers get rid of problem players with bad attitudes, they don’t ‘fix’ them.
These are not children.

We seem to have a generation of young people who think it’s someone else’s responsibility to make them successful and someone else’s accountability for all their f**k ups.

Guendouzi got tossed out of the PL because he had a shitty attitude and didn’t have the ability to make him indispensable. It was no one else’s fault but his own.
It remains to be seen whether he can grow up and improve to the level he can actually play for a top PL club. The evidence of this season in a lower league suggests he is destined to have an average career in football.

I don't agree, many of them come from low income backgrounds and start making a lot of money, they do need some guidance No, they're not kids but they are plunged into an alien world, if they can't change after they get help then kick them out. I'm not sure that he did anything worse than others.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

There's a huge difference between making mistakes & being sometimes ill-disciplined on the pitch, versus being ill-disciplined to a degree whereby your are fighting with team mates in training and openly disrespecting / disobeying the manager - which is what this boy was apparently doing.

Slinging the captain's armband on the ground and telling fans to eff off is not bad enough for you?

Why do you think Xhaka told our pompous fans to Eff Off?
Put the whole thing into context instead of just letting your bias cloud your objectivity.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:56 pm

Goonerz wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
These are not children.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

Why do you think Xhaka told our pompous fans to Eff Off?
Put the whole thing into context instead of just letting your bias cloud your objectivity.

Me letting bias cloud my objecitivty. I've never seen Guendouzi doing anything like that against his won club in public. I just said I liked Guendouzi and everyone piles in defending Arteta's decision to get rid of him, shame he can't do the same for Xhaka, oh wait, he gave him a new contract. As I said before, I don't care who a manager gets in or out as long as we start competing again.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:48 pm

swipe right wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

What is this?

But i replied to a person saying that a manager should be able to bend over backwards just accommodate a a an average looking talent that seems to have such a high opinion of themself. Has achieved nothing so far in his career but the ego seems to be over the top.
Do you know how many young kids would give anything just to be afforded an opportunity to play at a club like Arsenal?

Checkout the likes of Saka, Martinelli, ESR etc, same age brackets but I am yet to hear any rumours about them using their immaturity as an excuse to continually make news.

Again, arteta is not here to babysit anyone, he is here to do his job, he has his own job and career to worry about. If he does not get results he gets sacked.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:53 pm

Goonerred wrote:https://dailycannon.com/2021/10/what-happened-between-mikel-arteta-and-matteo-guendouzi/

That's one take on it swipe right

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thes ... senal/amp/
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby swipe right » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:14 am

Still waiting for that link showing Guendozi disrespecting the club or Arteta. Nothing yet.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:23 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:57 PL games
0 goals
1 assist

Won only 42% of the games he played in.

So clearly not a creative player or an influential player.
Unfortunately he was also not strong at tackling or shielding the back 4, didn’t excel at winning the ball at all in fact

So what was he?
The guy was a key part of our go nowhere endless and pointless passing game.

But but let’s pretend he was brilliant for us.
Good grief.

Not good enough for a PL top 4 side.
Is he better than our current midfielders? No.

Poor argument given his inexperience when he joined us and the position he plays in. For instance, no one is complaining that Lokonga isn’t scoring and assisting.

Lokonga has played just 12 games , some as a sub and has only just begun. He’s also not a starter. Looks to have more potential than the rather agricultural Guendouzi.

We saw enough of Guendouzi to know he’s not good enough to be in a top 4 PL team.

The only reason he’s even mentioned now is because it was Arteta that dumped him, which was clearly the correct decision for a number of reasons.

Sorry Jay, that is total bullcrap. We were all mightily impressed with Guendouzi when he joined, he slotted in seamlessly

Saturday 25th August - 2018
jayramfootball wrote:
Probably our best player so far this season. Early days, though.
It was a mistake by Emery to sub him off today - he had just made a mistake and then got subbed...that's bad management. Xhaka actually IS a mistake, but stayed on the pitch.

Friday 7th September 2018
Angelito wrote:
Matteo Guendouzi is our August Player of the Month

Congratulations to Matteo Guendouzi - our French midfielder has won his first Player of the Month award by topping our August poll.

The 19-year-old impressed during his debut month in north London, becoming only the fourth teenager to start each of our first four Premier League matches after Nicolas Anelka, Cesc Fabregas and Johan Djourou.

Guendouzi received 68 per cent of the votes cast, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Petr Cech finishing second and third place respectively.

:arse fan:

Sunday Feb 3rd 2019
Pudpop wrote:Brilliant performance while surrounded by absolute shit

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Heck of a player. Despite having very little to work with in midfield, he held his own, carried the ball forward, some classy passes...one of the few positives from the game.

For one so young, he's a class player. He has a big future.

Sunday April 14th 2019
Phil71 wrote:He’s a mature footballer for his age.

I think we’d have more young English players like that if they were given the chance.

Great young player for us.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:34 am

shall I go on, lets look at his second season:

Sunday Sept 22nd 2019
NovaGB wrote:That was a captains performance today and looked so much better when Xhaka came off, Xhaka doubles this kids work load.

Thursday Oct 24th 2019
DiamondGooner wrote:Said it ages ago, he's like our new Gilberto Silva.

Very happy for him, paid fk all for him as well, got to be worth £35m now adding his age and future growth which looks guaranteed.

Sunday Oct 27th
Dejan wrote:Player of the season

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Then we hit that patch of really bad form and then Guendo fell out with Arteta and the rest is history.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:39 am

HH we all know he started his Arsenal career really well. I referenced his good couple of months in the last few posts of this thread. I believe he won our player if the month for two months running.

Then his form went down hill.
He did have the potential but he never progressed.

He ended his time at Arsenal having been, well, meh. Bang average.

We’ve got a lot better since he and others who will never take us forward have left the club.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:41 am

Goonerz wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

What is this?

Your post assumes the entire world is a a utopic oasis of "same-dom". We are all different, we all have different characters, as a manager I can't treat my staff the same because some react better to certain things than others. As a manager it is my job to get the best out of my staff. Some need a little more hand-holding than others, so long as they don't monopolise my time I am cool with that if it means they get the job done.

Guendouzi is a maverick, there have been plenty of mavericks in football, plenty of the best players in the history of the game have been mavericks ! I don't want to see vanilla players everywhere, mavericks get you excited because they do the unexpected.

Guendouzi is a very good player, young enough and good enough for Arteta if he had any f***ing skill as a manager of people to nurure and get the best out of him. The fact that he shipped him out and he is flourishing elsewhere is all the proof you need.

Unless of course people have their tongue stuck down Arteta's pants then I can see why they cannot see this simple bit of common sense.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to World Football