Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:39 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I said when we had him before that he was the type of lad I'd like in the trenches with me as he has a lot of fight.

Unfortunately it turns out that it's not just the enemy that he wants to fight.

Surely, it's the club's manager and people around him to develop that side of him so that he can reach his potential. Ostracising a young kid with a bit of attitude is not the way to go in my opinion.

Yeah, some players get in their own way and never get it together. But there are some that grow up and turn into great players. RVP comes to mind when thinking of someone that arrived with a bit of a reputation.

I thin Ronaldo was petulant when he first arrived at United but he was kept in check to make him one of hte best players ever.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:41 am

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I said when we had him before that he was the type of lad I'd like in the trenches with me as he has a lot of fight.

Surely, it's the club's manager and people around him to develop that side of him so that he can reach his potential. Ostracising a young kid with a bit of attitude is not the way to go in my opinion.

That’s always been BS.
Good managers get rid of problem players with bad attitudes, they don’t ‘fix’ them.
These are not children.

We seem to have a generation of young people who think it’s someone else’s responsibility to make them successful and someone else’s accountability for all their f**k ups.

Guendouzi got tossed out of the PL because he had a shitty attitude and didn’t have the ability to make him indispensable. It was no one else’s fault but his own.
It remains to be seen whether he can grow up and improve to the level he can actually play for a top PL club. The evidence of this season in a lower league suggests he is destined to have an average career in football.

I don't agree, many of them come from low income backgrounds and start making a lot of money, they do need some guidance No, they're not kids but they are plunged into an alien world, if they can't change after they get help then kick them out. I'm not sure that he did anything worse than others.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

There's a huge difference between making mistakes & being sometimes ill-disciplined on the pitch, versus being ill-disciplined to a degree whereby your are fighting with team mates in training and openly disrespecting / disobeying the manager - which is what this boy was apparently doing.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:46 am

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
Good managers get rid of problem players with bad attitudes, they don’t ‘fix’ them.
These are not children.

We seem to have a generation of young people who think it’s someone else’s responsibility to make them successful and someone else’s accountability for all their f**k ups.

Guendouzi got tossed out of the PL because he had a shitty attitude and didn’t have the ability to make him indispensable. It was no one else’s fault but his own.
It remains to be seen whether he can grow up and improve to the level he can actually play for a top PL club. The evidence of this season in a lower league suggests he is destined to have an average career in football.

I don't agree, many of them come from low income backgrounds and start making a lot of money, they do need some guidance No, they're not kids but they are plunged into an alien world, if they can't change after they get help then kick them out. I'm not sure that he did anything worse than others.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

There's a huge difference between making mistakes & being sometimes ill-disciplined on the pitch, versus being ill-disciplined to a degree whereby your are fighting with team mates in training and openly disrespecting / disobeying the manager - which is what this boy was apparently doing.

Can you please give us evidence about him fighting teammates and disobeying the manager at Arsenal.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:49 am

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
These are not children.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

Slinging the captain's armband on the ground and telling fans to eff off is not bad enough for you?
Goonerred

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:50 am

Goonerred wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Yeah, some players get in their own way and never get it together. But there are some that grow up and turn into great players. RVP comes to mind when thinking of someone that arrived with a bit of a reputation.

I thin Ronaldo was petulant when he first arrived at United but he was kept in check to make him one of hte best players ever.

Suarez is another one. Alexis Sanchez was supposed to be a bit of a dick. Anelka is infamous. We couldn't handle him for long but at least managed to get a good fee from him. Heck, if we go beyond the Wenger years we had a load of reformed misfits playing for us.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:05 am

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
These are not children.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

Slinging the captain's armband on the ground and telling fans to eff off is not bad enough for you?

And for that he issued an unreserved apology to the club, the manager and the fans.

Something that's been remarkably lacking with Guendouzi. Instead he has carried on his issue by way of sniping at the club and the manager at every given opportunity.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:38 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
These are not children.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

And for that he issued an unreserved apology to the club, the manager and the fans.

Something that's been remarkably lacking with Guendouzi. Instead he has carried on his issue by way of sniping at the club and the manager at every given opportunity.

I’ll ask you again. What is it you’d like Guendozi to apologize to Arsenal fans for?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:42 pm

swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
These are not children.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

I’ll ask you again. What is it you’d like Guendozi to apologize to Arsenal fans for?

Did you ask me before? I do apologise.

I don't want him to apologise to the fans.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:16 pm

Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
These are not children.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

Did you ask me before? I do apologise.

I don't want him to apologise to the fans.

You forgave Xhaka for telling the fans to FO because he apologized. So my question to you is what would Guendozi need to apologize for to win back your support? Because the only person he offended to my knowledge was Maupay.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:50 pm

^ he didn't say he wanted him to apologise. It's not that difficult to understand.

With Guendouzi it's simple - he was neither good enough or deemed to have the right attitude to be part of our squad. No need for an apology. He can either get better on the pitch and stop his shit talk or he can f**k off. No loss to us if he does as I doubt he'll ever be good enough for a top 4 team in the PL.

I know the boring Arteta haters like to make out Guendouzi is as good as Busquets in his prime, but he really isn't, he's bang average and not really worth the drama. The ONLY reason he (and Saliba) have 100 pages plus of conversation is because Arteta didn't think the players were good enough for Arsenal. It's just another expression of 'Arteta bad' whining. Notice the Serge Gnabry thread is only 29 pages. Whilst he was with us and then loaned I think he may have made it to 10 pages. :sneaky2:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:59 pm

jayramfootball wrote:^ he didn't say he wanted him to apologise. It's not that difficult to understand.

With Guendouzi it's simple - he was neither good enough or deemed to have the right attitude to be part of our squad. No need for an apology. He can either get better on the pitch and stop his shit talk or he can f**k off. No loss to us if he does as I doubt he'll ever be good enough for a top 4 team in the PL.

I know the boring Arteta haters like to make out Guendouzi is as good as Busquets in his prime, but he really isn't, he's bang average and not really worth the drama. The ONLY reason he (and Saliba) have 100 pages plus of conversation is because Arteta didn't think the players were good enough for Arsenal. It's just another expression of 'Arteta bad' whining.

What did he do wrong other than fight with an opposition player during a game? I’m not buying the he wasn’t good enough argument because he made 57 appearances in two seasons. So what great crime did he commit that he be banished from the club? I’m sincerely asking.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:08 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:^ he didn't say he wanted him to apologise. It's not that difficult to understand.

I know the boring Arteta haters like to make out Guendouzi is as good as Busquets in his prime, but he really isn't, he's bang average and not really worth the drama. The ONLY reason he (and Saliba) have 100 pages plus of conversation is because Arteta didn't think the players were good enough for Arsenal. It's just another expression of 'Arteta bad' whining.

What did he do wrong other than fight with an opposition player during a game? I’m not buying the he wasn’t good enough argument because he made 57 appearances in two seasons. So what great crime did he commit that he be banished from the club? I’m sincerely asking.

How did we do with him in midfield?
Our back line was constantly exposed.
I remember him having a couple of decent months in a team going nowhere, but largely being fairly irrelevant.
In those 57 league appearances he scored 0 goals and had 1 assist, wasn't a particularly prolific ball winner either.

What did he do wrong? Apart from being not good enough, his off field issues that led to him becoming a black sheep at the club are not really relevant. There are reports of fist fights with his own players in Dubai, a massive row with Arteta, taunting other professional players because he earned more money than them.
Who knows what really happened and who cares? He's gone. He may come back he may not. Meh... would be disappointed if our future included this guy in midfield. Hardly inspiring.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:44 pm

Goonerred

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:00 pm

Absolute disaster from Arteta and co
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:54 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:

How did we do with him in midfield?
Our back line was constantly exposed.
I remember him having a couple of decent months in a team going nowhere, but largely being fairly irrelevant.
In those 57 league appearances he scored 0 goals and had 1 assist, wasn't a particularly prolific ball winner either.

What did he do wrong? Apart from being not good enough, his off field issues that led to him becoming a black sheep at the club are not really relevant. There are reports of fist fights with his own players in Dubai, a massive row with Arteta, taunting other professional players because he earned more money than them.
Who knows what really happened and who cares? He's gone. He may come back he may not. Meh... would be disappointed if our future included this guy in midfield. Hardly inspiring.

Can you please share links about fist fights with his own players in Dubai, a massive row with Arteta? I’m curious I read about them because I don’t recall these incidents. Thanks.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football