Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Nuggets » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:15 am

VCC wrote:I think the players are going to down tools

I think some of them already have. ;)
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby swipe right » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:51 am

To think this was Wenger’s worst era…
https://youtu.be/nlIV6EQbXQ4
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:57 am

elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Emery already proved this year in May he is comfortably a superior manager to Arteta by beating us in the Europa League with a clearly inferior team. That's not a debate.

Everything about those two matches vs Villarreal summed up what a joke our club has become because or mindset is that mediocre we accept failure from a substandard manager the club officials

'trust the process'.

One thing we have succesfully completed the process to becoming a overspending midtable club, wasting its talents and star players. Now we are moving to the next process of becoming a selling club again.

Eddie and Laca may not be world class but once both leave and then go onto bigger and better things, expect our jewels in Saka, ESR and Martinelli to leave also.

How long do you expect these players to put up with this sideways, functional passes then cross and hope as our only method of attack? This is all we are under Arteta and all we ever will be until we get a better manager in.

The 10 game unbeaten streak was a crap manager doing everything he could to keep his job and getting lucky at the right moment, Burnley and Crystal Palace matches in that run paper over the cracks of dreadful performances in which we deserved nothing but got points because we have much better players than our opponents. The 3 losses in 4 are a reality check to our actual level under Arteta.

What concerns me is the Auba and Pepe treatment and broken team unity. It's clear they don't believe in Arteta and their form has suffered under him. If now in December arteta had completley failed to get anything out of Auba and Pepe I can only see these players and more downing tools to force the manager out.

This has been the most passive season for me ever due to all the global chaos but while I will always love my club, I think the derby win vs the filth is sadly as I feared going to be the only highlight of a dire season. The Man United loss in which I was so busy I missed everything on Thursday and when I sat down to watch the highlights, even before knowing the score i knew we would lose and CR7 would score and VOILA!!! Just like the last 14 years we still have no courage.

The best we can hope for if Arteta isn't sacked is 7th. Groundhog Day is back!

Sent from my SM-A326W using Tapatalk

Good post. you're being optimistic hoping for 7th - if we get a place above 10th, we'll have done well!

Disagree on Auba/Pepe downing tools to protest about MA's clueless management TBH.

IMO there isn't a manager on the planet who could get PEA to play football again. He's finished since last season tbh.

Pepe is just a classic idiot savant - mixing sublime finishing with appallingly stupid decisions.

PEA Out. MA Out. Pepe Out.
I'm surprised you don't see the correlation between Artetas shitty management and Aubas lack of interest and enthusiasm with football.

Put a real manager incharge of our team and watch Auba fly again, maybe Pepe my improve also.

Most modern players have similar mindset and mentality to Auba. You need serious managers and officials around them to kick them up the backside when their egos get out of hand along with getting the best out of them.

You don't see this from players at Man City and especially Liverpool under Klopp.

Really? Most modern players?
Tell that to the likes of ESR who has flourished under Arteta.
Same with many of the other players, including the new ones.
Or do you mean older players on fat contracts?
I daresay that is is the correlation you are looking for.
This club under Arteta is in a continued state of slow decline which will not be enough in loyalty for young quality players like Saka, ESR and Martinelli around

Moving up the league and doing better than last year, being in the mix for top 4, is not a state of decline.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby elkanofan » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:09 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Emery already proved this year in May he is comfortably a superior manager to Arteta by beating us in the Europa League with a clearly inferior team. That's not a debate.

Everything about those two matches vs Villarreal summed up what a joke our club has become because or mindset is that mediocre we accept failure from a substandard manager the club officials

'trust the process'.

One thing we have succesfully completed the process to becoming a overspending midtable club, wasting its talents and star players. Now we are moving to the next process of becoming a selling club again.

Eddie and Laca may not be world class but once both leave and then go onto bigger and better things, expect our jewels in Saka, ESR and Martinelli to leave also.

How long do you expect these players to put up with this sideways, functional passes then cross and hope as our only method of attack? This is all we are under Arteta and all we ever will be until we get a better manager in.

The 10 game unbeaten streak was a crap manager doing everything he could to keep his job and getting lucky at the right moment, Burnley and Crystal Palace matches in that run paper over the cracks of dreadful performances in which we deserved nothing but got points because we have much better players than our opponents. The 3 losses in 4 are a reality check to our actual level under Arteta.

What concerns me is the Auba and Pepe treatment and broken team unity. It's clear they don't believe in Arteta and their form has suffered under him. If now in December arteta had completley failed to get anything out of Auba and Pepe I can only see these players and more downing tools to force the manager out.

This has been the most passive season for me ever due to all the global chaos but while I will always love my club, I think the derby win vs the filth is sadly as I feared going to be the only highlight of a dire season. The Man United loss in which I was so busy I missed everything on Thursday and when I sat down to watch the highlights, even before knowing the score i knew we would lose and CR7 would score and VOILA!!! Just like the last 14 years we still have no courage.

Good post. you're being optimistic hoping for 7th - if we get a place above 10th, we'll have done well!

Disagree on Auba/Pepe downing tools to protest about MA's clueless management TBH.

IMO there isn't a manager on the planet who could get PEA to play football again. He's finished since last season tbh.

Pepe is just a classic idiot savant - mixing sublime finishing with appallingly stupid decisions.

I'm surprised you don't see the correlation between Artetas shitty management and Aubas lack of interest and enthusiasm with football.

Put a real manager incharge of our team and watch Auba fly again, maybe Pepe my improve also.

Most modern players have similar mindset and mentality to Auba. You need serious managers and officials around them to kick them up the backside when their egos get out of hand along with getting the best out of them.

You don't see this from players at Man City and especially Liverpool under Klopp.

This club under Arteta is in a continued state of slow decline which will not be enough in loyalty for young quality players like Saka, ESR and Martinelli around

Moving up the league and doing better than last year, being in the mix for top 4, is not a state of decline.
Last year we had Europa League distraction and objective to get back into the UCL. This year is a huge season we need to use to get top 4 without any European distraction. Its maybe early December but absolutely nothing I have seen under Arteta shows we will finish above United, Spurs or West Ham unless we at least sack Arteta and get a real manager in to maybe inspire some of our talents to shock everyone, start producing and get top 4.

This year we are 7th, -4 goal difference and STILL behind our rivals for 4th! All 3 of our top 4 rivals ahead of us have comfortably better managers who are adapting to their European obligations. Yes, West f***ing Ham are ahead of us WITH EUROPEAN FOOTBALL DISTARCTION.

Chelsea used their season out of Europe to win the league in 2016/17

Liverpool used that season to get back into the UCL at our expense and haven't missed out on it since.

So instead of us taking advantage of this season we look worse than the last 2 years and have totally wasted 250 million to become even more average than we already were. -4 goal difference with top class strikers not scoring due to rigid, predictable attacking philosophy which provides them little to no service will be lucky to get you top 10, let alone even 7th or above.

Any other club with serious ambition and a serious manager would have seized the oppotunity if no Europe presented to them with Man United, Spurs and Leicester being so poor and been a few points off the top teams as like Leicester, Chelsea and if your old enough to remember our 1997/98 double winning season where PAOK dumped us out of the UEFA Cup in October.

The way we have played so far as I said before. Beating the filth at home will be our season highlight under Arteta.

elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:21 pm

elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:

'trust the process'.

Last year we had Europa League distraction and objective to get back into the UCL. This year is a huge season we need to use to get top 4 without any European distraction. Its maybe early December but absolutely nothing I have seen under Arteta shows we will finish above United, Spurs or West Ham unless we at least sack Arteta and get a real manager in to maybe inspire some of our talents to shock everyone, start producing and get top 4.

This year we are 7th, -4 goal difference and STILL behind our rivals for 4th! All 3 of our top 4 rivals ahead of us have comfortably better managers who are adapting to their European obligations. Yes, West f***ing Ham are ahead of us WITH EUROPEAN FOOTBALL DISTARCTION.

Liverpool used that season to get back into the UCL at our expense and haven't missed out on it since.

So instead of us taking advantage of this season we look worse than the last 2 years and have totally wasted 250 million to become even more average than we already were. -4 goal difference with top class strikers not scoring due to rigid, predictable attacking philosophy which provides them little to no service will be lucky to get you top 10, let alone even 7th or above.

Any other club with serious ambition and a serious manager would have seized the oppotunity if no Europe presented to them with Man United, Spurs and Leicester being so poor and been a few points off the top teams as like Leicester, Chelsea and if your old enough to remember our 1997/98 double winning season where PAOK dumped us out of the UEFA Cup in October.

The way we have played so far as I said before. Beating the filth at home will be our season highlight under Arteta.

What serious manager would you suggest at this stage? Could we tempt Fergie out of retirement? I don't see any viable options at present
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:03 pm

Influx of 'fans' who were nowhere to be seen when we were on a long unbeaten run.
Interesting.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:03 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:

'trust the process'.

What serious manager would you suggest at this stage? Could we tempt Fergie out of retirement? I don't see any viable options at present

Fat Sam could do better :arse fan:
Nuggets

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:18 pm

Hypergooner wrote:

Jesse Marsch as caretaker till the end of the season. But rumours are that he's joining Ragnick's staff.

I'd even consider Lampard at this stage. He wanted Aubameyang in summer 2020, and got Top 4 without a transfer window and mostly youth players in Mount, Pulisic and Tammy abraham
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:01 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Influx of 'fans' who were nowhere to be seen when we were on a long unbeaten run.
Interesting.

Rubbish football and scraped wins doesn’t convince anyone apart from those that are wearing rose tinted glasses.

When it comes to the crunch we go missing.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:30 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Influx of 'fans' who were nowhere to be seen when we were on a long unbeaten run.
Interesting.

Rubbish football and scraped wins doesn’t convince anyone apart from those that are wearing rose tinted glasses.

NO, when it comes to us winning, you go missing , Ozim
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby elkanofan » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:52 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Interesting.

lol Jay, not everyone can be online 24/7 :rofll:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:16 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Interesting.

Actually I wasn’t around when we were losing either. We don’t win anyway, not against anyone decent, we’re rubbish, can’t wait for the day when we finally get rid of Arteta, we can all celebrate then.

I think we can all agree the day he became manager was a dark day for Arsenal FC.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby elkanofan » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:19 pm

Hypergooner wrote:What serious manager would you suggest at this stage? Could we tempt Fergie out of retirement? I don't see any viable options at present

At the moment its a case of any decent caretaker manager and weigh up serious options to appoint a new manager to a deadline of May 30th 2022.

The team has talent, i like most of the players, our manager is just shit.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:22 pm

Rangnick free in the summer
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:08 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:What serious manager would you suggest at this stage? Could we tempt Fergie out of retirement? I don't see any viable options at present

At the moment its a case of any decent caretaker manager and weigh up serious options to appoint a new manager to a deadline of May 30th 2022.

The team has talent, i like most of the players, our manager is just shit.

The idea of copying United with a care taker manager is ridiculous. It would make far more sense to render Arteta a caretaker manager till the end of the season and then replace him in summer. He's not so bad we should go looking for rejected United temporary managers to see our season out.
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk