Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:04 pm

We're dropping points all over the place since Liverpool.

Arteta is failing his points gains.

Everton is a must win and Arteta needs to fix our offensive issues by playing two up front or a three.

Knowing Arteta he'll do neither and we'll continue to drop points, this is why I can't support Arteta, I knew he couldn't be trusted to maintain a system that worked.

First chance he gets he always reverts to his shtty 4-2-3-1 that's failed over and over and over.

At least go get a proper CF if we "must" play this way, in fact we need two, starter and a sub.

The mans a fkin idiot and we're dropping points because of it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:41 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:And yet we can can only dream of beating Chelsea and Liverpool.

We've beaten both under Arteta, Chelsea more than once.
Stop pissing your pants over West Ham.

We got bitch slapped by them this season. Its ok though, we beat Spurs that's all that matters, right?!

Perhaps we should bring out a DVD like they do, seeing as thats our expectation now - don't be competitive but win the NLD
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:09 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:And yet we can can only dream of beating Chelsea and Liverpool.

We got bitch slapped by them this season. Its ok though, we beat Spurs that's all that matters, right?!

Perhaps we should bring out a DVD like they do, seeing as thats our expectation now - don't be competitive but win the NLD

Like I said we have beaten Chelsea regularly - 3 times under Arteta in fact - and we've also beaten Liverpool.
Now you seem to think we have to beat them every game or we're shit.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby firfi » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:23 pm

ag6789 wrote:We can't attack because we don't have quality midfielders who can keep the ball upfield and our strikers keep misfiring relieving pressure of the opposition.
So we eventually fall back and invite pressure on ourselves.
The ManU game was a classic example. Another team with dysfunctional midfield, dependent on moments of inspiration from an ageing superstar and sloppiness from the opponent, and we fell in to prey to their simple guile because we don't have skilled enough midfielders to keep the ball when and where it mattered and lost the game which another better organized, not necessarily more skilled, but motivated team could have won.
In that way West Ham is probably ahead of us.
Where Arteta is probably failing at this point, is inability to push the senior players to do a bit more. He has been successful w/the younger players though, who have brought this team to 5th but w/o wholesome participation of the experienced brigade, he will slip down as we see now , to 7th already at the end of the day.

That's not true. We have quality in the midfield its just they havent been coached properly.U cannot attack when all of ur players are going back to defend u always have to keep 2-3 and not 1 abit further down the pitch so u can counter attack we havent make a single counter attack and we have Auba upfront.When we build from the back our midfielders and wingers don't move enough to create options for passing and thats not only to quality thats coaching. Every single team misses chances.
Sure Auba does miss alot and i'm not his biggest fan , but we havent supplied him enough and thats because we go back with 10 players to defend every time.Our goals have come from set pieces and when we pressure them up the pitch and we take the ball and our players are already there.

Just check our stats for xG we're 7th for pts its 7th again he hasn't moved us in over 2 years in fact we're way more shit than when he picked us up ,but he somehow conviced everyone that our squad is shit and its not him.And 2 years later he bought like 10 players + and we're still shit.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:44 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Like I said we have beaten Chelsea regularly - 3 times under Arteta in fact - and we've also beaten Liverpool.

I expect us to put up a fight, not get steam rollered.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:32 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I expect us to put up a fight, not get steam rollered.

Sometimes teams lose by a few goals - every team.
We put up a very good fight in previous games - including beating Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea several times.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:43 pm

Jay all your doing is making excuses for crap performances.

Why don't you just admit what the eyes see, we were on a 4x win streak since Arteta has been starting Lacazette, we got beat by Liverpool and Arteta has changed it to now starting Odegaard and we can't even beat an out of form Utd.

The last time he did that when he changed from 3-4-3 to 4-2-3-1 we went down to 15th.

Its Arteta's constant "Go to" system which concerns me, the set up he favors is the one where we always lose or struggle with and he justifies it by beating lower teams, then wonders why we struggle against any team with a pulse.

How is that sustainable in a manager?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Jay all your doing is making excuses for crap performances.

Why don't you just admit what the eyes see, we were on a 4x win streak since Arteta has been starting Lacazette, we got beat by Liverpool and Arteta has changed it to now starting Odegaard and we can't even beat an out of form Utd.

The last time he did that when he changed from 3-4-3 to 4-2-3-1 we went down to 15th.

Its Arteta's constant "Go to" system which concerns me, the set up he favors is the one where we always lose or struggle with and he justifies it by beating lower teams, then wonders why we struggle against any team with a pulse.

Honestly not changing my view that I will wait until after the Christmas games to see if we are close enough to top 4 - i.e 3 or 4 points.
That was the bar I set for myself to judge Arteta at the next 'checkpoint'.
It's not changed.

Not going to go into a panic every time we lose.

The only thing I will say at this point is that I am worried about our away form.
I am not so much worried about the system, but am concerned that Laca was dropped again.
Laca should have been the starter last year, but was benched too often - he was one of the most prolific strikers in the league based on the minutes he got last year, but didn't get the game time he warranted. I don't know why he has been dropped again.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:56 am

Ragnik comes in and instantly improves things. Meanwhile we are stuck discussing where we’ll be a Christmas.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:10 am

swipe right wrote:Ragnik comes in and instantly improves things. Meanwhile we are stuck discussing where we’ll be a Christmas.
Arteta came in and won the FA Cup.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:13 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:
swipe right wrote:Ragnik comes in and instantly improves things. Meanwhile we are stuck discussing where we’ll be a Christmas.

Bro that was black and white tv era. What’s he done lately?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:54 am

swipe right wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

Took us out of Europe :(
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby swipe right » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:37 am

Nuggets wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

Took us out of Europe :(

Football’s Nigel Farage
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Honestly not changing my view that I will wait until after the Christmas games to see if we are close enough to top 4 - i.e 3 or 4 points.
It's not changed.

The only thing I will say at this point is that I am worried about our away form.
I am not so much worried about the system, but am concerned that Laca was dropped again.
Laca should have been the starter last year, but was benched too often - he was one of the most prolific strikers in the league based on the minutes he got last year, but didn't get the game time he warranted. I don't know why he has been dropped again.

Other teams are showing levels that we have not shown, if we carry on like this we will finish 7th which would be a bloody disaster !!! Half the team is stuttering or under-performing. You even have to question our so-called defensive improvement. This season we are joint 13th for shots conceded in the league but we are joint 4th for shots we have taken.

In a nutshell that tells you what are problem is, we are too easy for teams to cut through and we are not converting chances. Not all of the chances fall to Auba so I'm not having any of this "its Auba's" fault nonsense. I think the quality of our shots are poor.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:51 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It's not changed.

Other teams are showing levels that we have not shown, if we carry on like this we will finish 7th which would be a bloody disaster !!! Half the team is stuttering or under-performing. You even have to question our so-called defensive improvement. This season we are joint 13th for shots conceded in the league but we are joint 4th for shots we have taken.

In a nutshell that tells you what are problem is, we are too easy for teams to cut through and we are not converting chances. Not all of the chances fall to Auba so I'm not having any of this "its Auba's" fault nonsense. I think the quality of our shots are poor.

I agree our shooting / finishing is poor... that is something I have highlighted. It's actually a bigger issue than chance creation.
Auba is not the only player at fault - he's just the worst of the bunch.
Generally, our shooting is abysmal.
This is not a tactical or strategic issue, it's one of execution. Before every game at home I watch the training routine on the pitch... all our players practicing shooting. The shots are rarely if ever scuffed and the keeper often has little chance of keeping the shot out. It's always interesting to watch players like Auba find the top corner so often in those training routines. The same technique is not coming through during matches. It's chalk and cheese. Obviously you have the pressure of a game to account for when taking training to the pitch, but the is a player issue. You can train all you like, if you can not execute under game time pressure then what can be done?

The defence I am less worried about - it's true we've been cut open in some games. Again, it's something I have mentioned that derives, IMO, from the weakness of our midfield. Much of our season long numbers are also dictated by the first 3 matches too - when our defence was not in place... outside of that we have the 5th best xGA in the league (expected goals against) - and joint 4th on actual goals conceded... that includes the Liverpool and Utd games.

Those first 3 games- when our team was not even in place - has really messed up our season long stats.
For example, since this first 3 games we have a better record than WHU on expected goals conceded, goals conceded, expected goals, expected points and points... yet I read that apparently West Ham are 'way ahead of us'.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk