Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:08 am

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Of course its wide open.

We're 1 pt behind, West Ham are likely to have a dip at some point, if we'd beat Utd we'd be 4th right now.

4th is as wide open as it can be.

And we aren't? This is the problem, you read the name Arsenal and you think this club has some god given right to be up there. Our team is super inconsistent and we will have plenty of dips, not even top 6 is guaranteed.

By the way, i still have United finishing 4th and doing it comfortably.

You're making assumptions again.

I'm the one who's always said "We don't have a right to be top 4 we have to fight for it" but I'm saying top 4 is wide open based on West Ham's history of screwing up and our squad and their squad over the rest of the season.

........... however the fact that they just beat Chelsea, well, West Ham may of changed more than I thought, better manager ......... now better squadas well?

Actually you're right, what was I thinking? with Arteta in charge we never had a chance, somebody highlight this to JayRam when he pops up.

We'll finish above West Ham this year, so will Utd and Spurs - who are our rivals for 4th.
Chelsea may also get sucked into the mix for 3rd to 6th. They are not at Liverpools or City's level.

Next thing you'll be telling us that Villarreal are a pub team and we're definitely in the finals?

There's no evidence at all that we'll finish above West Ham, they're playing much better than us.

You need some track record of being right before you start declaring things like that.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:16 am

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Of course its wide open.

We're 1 pt behind, West Ham are likely to have a dip at some point, if we'd beat Utd we'd be 4th right now.

And we aren't? This is the problem, you read the name Arsenal and you think this club has some god given right to be up there. Our team is super inconsistent and we will have plenty of dips, not even top 6 is guaranteed.

I'm the one who's always said "We don't have a right to be top 4 we have to fight for it" but I'm saying top 4 is wide open based on West Ham's history of screwing up and our squad and their squad over the rest of the season.

........... however the fact that they just beat Chelsea, well, West Ham may of changed more than I thought, better manager ......... now better squadas well?

Actually you're right, what was I thinking? with Arteta in charge we never had a chance, somebody highlight this to JayRam when he pops up.

We'll finish above West Ham this year, so will Utd and Spurs - who are our rivals for 4th.
Chelsea may also get sucked into the mix for 3rd to 6th. They are not at Liverpools or City's level.

Wot you smoking :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Hypergooner » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:33 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Of course its wide open.

Next thing you'll be telling us that Villarreal are a pub team and we're definitely in the finals?

There's no evidence at all that we'll finish above West Ham, they're playing much better than us.

You need some track record of being right before you start declaring things like that.

History dictates teams like West Ham fall off the pace after Christmas as the pressures of league, Europe and cups take their toll on the small squads. Not sure about the Chavs though.

Tottenham and United are the biggest concern of winning the top 4 race to me. We need to get results or not loose against the 8 teams from now (starting with West ham)
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:01 am

I think West Ham look strong, they have beasts in Declan Rice and Antonio who show up for every game, they beat Chelsea and Liverpool, they have good tricky little players like Bowen, Lanzini and Benrahma, Yarmolenko when he comes on can do a bit. This isn't the same dead West Ham team we are used to seeing.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:05 am

West ham have a few defensive injuries now so let's see how they cope but not writing them off at all
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Of course its wide open.

Villarreal are not very good. They are better than a pub team though - PL relegation material , would probably jump around the Championship and PL.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby billie86 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:05 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Of course its wide open.

Villarreal are not very good. They are better than a pub team though - PL relegation material , would probably jump around the Championship and PL.

Got to admit west ham are way ahead of us and united after watching them against Chelsea and Liverpool, I honestly don't see us beating them but would be over the moon if we do. They just seem organized, committed and every player knows their job, they will be up for the game against us and if they can beat Liverpool and Chelsea they can certainly turn us over.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:35 pm

billie86 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Of course its wide open.

Got to admit west ham are way ahead of us and united after watching them against Chelsea and Liverpool, I honestly don't see us beating them but would be over the moon if we do. They just seem organized, committed and every player knows their job, they will be up for the game against us and if they can beat Liverpool and Chelsea they can certainly turn us over.

The season is long. Too many react week to week.
West Ham's recent form has been patchy.
They are also not way ahead of us - they are 4 points ahead having played a game more.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:05 pm

Look at their goal difference !! They are way ahead of us!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby firfi » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:58 pm

We're just setup so defensively that we cant attack.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:19 pm

theHotHead wrote:Look at their goal difference !! They are way ahead of us!

Lol, we are 14 games into the season, them 15.
They key thing for them is they have done an excellent job of finishing chances whilst we have not.
In fact half the difference in the goal difference between the two teams is entirely down to finishing.

To suggest that West Ham are way ahead of us is a silliness that only GW could come up with.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:30 pm

And yet we can can only dream of beating Chelsea and Liverpool.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:32 pm

We can't attack because we don't have quality midfielders who can keep the ball upfield and our strikers keep misfiring relieving pressure of the opposition.
So we eventually fall back and invite pressure on ourselves.
The ManU game was a classic example. Another team with dysfunctional midfield, dependent on moments of inspiration from an ageing superstar and sloppiness from the opponent, and we fell in to prey to their simple guile because we don't have skilled enough midfielders to keep the ball when and where it mattered and lost the game which another better organized, not necessarily more skilled, but motivated team could have won.
In that way West Ham is probably ahead of us.
Where Arteta is probably failing at this point, is inability to push the senior players to do a bit more. He has been successful w/the younger players though, who have brought this team to 5th but w/o wholesome participation of the experienced brigade, he will slip down as we see now , to 7th already at the end of the day.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:45 pm

theHotHead wrote:And yet we can can only dream of beating Chelsea and Liverpool.

We've beaten both under Arteta, Chelsea more than once.
Stop pissing your pants over West Ham.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:47 pm

ag6789 wrote:We can't attack because we don't have quality midfielders who can keep the ball upfield and our strikers keep misfiring relieving pressure of the opposition.
So we eventually fall back and invite pressure on ourselves.
The ManU game was a classic example. Another team with dysfunctional midfield, dependent on moments of inspiration from an ageing superstar and sloppiness from the opponent, and we fell in to prey to their simple guile because we don't have skilled enough midfielders to keep the ball when and where it mattered and lost the game which another better organized, not necessarily more skilled, but motivated team could have won.
In that way West Ham is probably ahead of us.
Where Arteta is probably failing at this point, is inability to push the senior players to do a bit more. He has been successful w/the younger players though, who have brought this team to 5th but w/o wholesome participation of the experienced brigade, he will slip down as we see now , to 7th already at the end of the day.

That's the challenge for the rebuild - to continue to replace the failures, which includes most of the senior players.
The biggest mistake has been holding on to some of them.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk