Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:19 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:When we are conceding 4s and 5s I would suggest we haven't improved at all, these are not normal losses, these are the worst level Wenger losses

A club like Arsenal, the 3rd most successful club in England that considers it's peers to be Man U, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea should never be spanked by 4s and 5s, we should be beaten by 2 goals, a bad day a 3-1 loss max!!

These 4s and 5s are an embarrassment, its what you would expect a top team to beat a bottom team by, not your freekin peers!!!

We are 8 points better off than we were last season at the same stage.
We've improved where it matters.
We lost 4-0 to Liverpool at Anfield in Wenger's prime years.
We also lost 6-1 to Utd in those prime years
Lost 3-0 AT HOME to Middlesborough too.
All in the same year we finished 2nd.

Or how about 97-98 when we won the title - lost 4-0 to Liverpool at Anfield too... granted that was after we had already clinched the title... but you did say it should 'never' happen.

Or how about the 06/7 season, lost 4-1 to Liverpool at Anfield

Losing 4-1 AT HOME to Chelsea in the 08/09 season?

8-2 loss to Utd in 11/12 season?

13/14 season where we finished 4th?
Lost 6-0 to Chelsea, 5-1 to Liverpool and 6-3 to Man City

17/18 season lost 4-0 to Liverpool at Anfield.

18/19 season lost 5-1 to Liverpool at Anfield

Seems to me this has been happening fairly often over the last 25 years, including to one of (if not THE) best teams we've ever had.
But, Arteta, right?

f**k me Jay, you got the point!! Its not just about Arteta its about that dumbass Emery that continued to do the same and Wenger that started the trend. I never accepted we should be beaten by any peer by those ridiculous goal margins but what I did expect was whichever manager came in would pay a bit of attention to our defending.

Emery didn't. Arteta did and kudos to him, last season we didn't get any 4 or 5 goal spankings at all. But we are back to it this season.

The team during Wenger's best years also lost games like that.
Sometimes it happens.
We've had two this year - City game we had a man sent off and and a defence that had NONE of our current starters in it.
The current team lost 4-0 to Liverpool. Not going to get overly dramatic about it. We were defending well against them until Tavares' mistake. He's young, raw and new to the PL. It happens.
Overall the defence has looked solid enough.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:52 pm

It shouldn't have happened during Wenger's best years, come on, those teams should never have been beaten by a 3 goal margin. For me that was peak Wenger's ONLY flaw !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby firfi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:14 pm

Like it's not about the results , but rather the way we're losing those games.When we got spanked under Wenger ur talking about those 6-3 6-0 etc ,but u gotta remember the context of those games where we received goals in under 5 min and by the min 20 the game was over and it was more of a stupidity and unprepareness rather than skill itself.
Present day we lose to liverpool 4-0 and after 30min of play its 0-0 ,but at the same time whole game we havent made a single attack ? Like loss is a loss no matter if its 4-0 or 1-0 it gives 3 points and if u play badly its not only 3 points ,but also adds up to ur mental state when u meet next time.
I am sorry ,but i cannot accept that Arsenal as a club should go to a place and play defensively from min 1 without an idea how to win the game just to not concede 4-5 goals its just lame way to play and that way ur setting ur team to feel inferior.
Have u seen Guardiola's team to setup from min 1 to defend like they're 20th in the league no matter where they play?(I CAN TELL U RIGHT NOW U HAVENT and u won't) because if u wanna fight for titles and be considered the best team u cannot do that.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:01 pm

firfi wrote:Like it's not about the results , but rather the way we're losing those games.When we got spanked under Wenger ur talking about those 6-3 6-0 etc ,but u gotta remember the context of those games where we received goals in under 5 min and by the min 20 the game was over and it was more of a stupidity and unprepareness rather than skill itself.
Present day we lose to liverpool 4-0 and after 30min of play its 0-0 ,but at the same time whole game we havent made a single attack ? Like loss is a loss no matter if its 4-0 or 1-0 it gives 3 points and if u play badly its not only 3 points ,but also adds up to ur mental state when u meet next time.
I am sorry ,but i cannot accept that Arsenal as a club should go to a place and play defensively from min 1 without an idea how to win the game just to not concede 4-5 goals its just lame way to play and that way ur setting ur team to feel inferior.
Have u seen Guardiola's team to setup from min 1 to defend like they're 20th in the league no matter where they play?(I CAN TELL U RIGHT NOW U HAVENT and u won't) because if u wanna fight for titles and be considered the best team u cannot do that.

We did have attacks against Liverpool.
We played well in the first half.
The reason we got over run was because a player mad a silly mistake and then the team somewhat folded in the last 30 minutes.
That can happen - to any team - especially a young one.

If we miss out on top 4 on goal difference come the end of the season, then lets talk, otherwise the Liverpool scoreline being 1-0 or 4-0 is entirely irrelevant at this stage.

Pep Guardiola teams have been spanked as well by 4 or more goals, including Bayern Munich and Man City.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:02 pm

theHotHead wrote:It shouldn't have happened during Wenger's best years, come on, those teams should never have been beaten by a 3 goal margin. For me that was peak Wenger's ONLY flaw !

But they were.
That is the point.
It happens - and can happen - to the very best of teams on any given day. Never mind a second tier team as we, unfortunately, are right now.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby firfi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:56 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
firfi wrote:Like it's not about the results , but rather the way we're losing those games.When we got spanked under Wenger ur talking about those 6-3 6-0 etc ,but u gotta remember the context of those games where we received goals in under 5 min and by the min 20 the game was over and it was more of a stupidity and unprepareness rather than skill itself.

We did have attacks against Liverpool.
We played well in the first half.
The reason we got over run was because a player mad a silly mistake and then the team somewhat folded in the last 30 minutes.
That can happen - to any team - especially a young one.

If we miss out on top 4 on goal difference come the end of the season, then lets talk, otherwise the Liverpool scoreline being 1-0 or 4-0 is entirely irrelevant at this stage.

Pep Guardiola teams have been spanked as well by 4 or more goals, including Bayern Munich and Man City.

0.27 xG for the whole game aren't attacks mate holding onto the ball doesn't mean we're likely to score.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:55 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:It shouldn't have happened during Wenger's best years, come on, those teams should never have been beaten by a 3 goal margin. For me that was peak Wenger's ONLY flaw !

But they were.
That is the point.
It happens - and can happen - to the very best of teams on any given day. Never mind a second tier team as we, unfortunately, are right now.

Yeah - but certain managers are more likely to get a hiding than others, thats the point. With Wenger it was always going to happen and it always did.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 pm

Surely it's time
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:13 pm

f***ked up with his subs tonight that’s for sure.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:18 pm

Liverpool now a hapless Utd with no manager.

I've said the performances have been unconvincing, results are temporary.

Our attack is shocking, whenever we score it feels like we've stolen a goal.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby firfi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:19 pm

All i'm gonna say is Partey had a shocker vs Newcastle and he keeps him and he was shocking AGAIN.Lakonga had a good game and is getting benched.Aubameyang is having shocker of a season he can't finish anything ,but hes getting played vs Man United over Laca who works hard at least and provides us with good pressure.

We score goal at min 14-15 and we go back to defending with 11 players that has to stop.We could have murdered them 2-3:0 in the first 30-40min if we attack them nonstop , but no no we keep doing the same shit over and over score a goal and go defend GOODLUCK GIVING confidence back to a squad with good players and expect to not receive a goal.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Ach » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:19 pm

Lost 2 of the last 3. This goat form since December myth being decimated with each passing game

On the other side of North London, Conte has 7 points from 9 and now a point behind with a game in hand

Board have a lot to answer for
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:22 pm

firfi wrote:All i'm gonna say is Partey had a shocker vs Newcastle and he keeps him and he was shocking AGAIN.Lakonga had a good game and is getting benched.Aubameyang is having shocker of a season he can't finish anything ,but hes getting played vs Man United over Laca who works hard at least and provides us with good pressure.

We score goal at min 14-15 and we go back to defending with 11 players that has to stop.We could have murdered them 2-3:0 in the first 30-40min if we attack them nonstop , but no no we keep doing the same shit over and over score a goal and go defend GOODLUCK GIVING confidence back to a squad with good players and expect to not receive a goal.

Partey gets paid £10m/yr so he starts regardless of form.

Willian made 30 PL appearances for the same reason.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:26 pm

The we need a goal but let's pass sideways will never be understandable

Bringing Eddie on lol

Taking ESR off lol

Half fit saka on lol
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby firfi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:28 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
firfi wrote:All i'm gonna say is Partey had a shocker vs Newcastle and he keeps him and he was shocking AGAIN.Lakonga had a good game and is getting benched.Aubameyang is having shocker of a season he can't finish anything ,but hes getting played vs Man United over Laca who works hard at least and provides us with good pressure.

Partey gets paid £10m/yr so he starts regardless of form.

Willian made 30 PL appearances for the same reason.

If ur a manager that knows whats going on that doesn't matter.Pepe is 72M and is nowhere near the team.Ozil was the highest paid player and he froze him out so hard.
It's just he picks all the wrong players for the wrong reasons.
I'm not an Ozil fan in fact i think paying him that wage when he was average at best at the time we paid it was huge overpay , but even still when Arteta came he could have used him vs teams that play lowblock and play with 10 ,but he decided to freeze him out just to prove his point instead of picking up extra points which shows poor management.
We're doing same thing over and over again just look at Tottenham they were 8th when Konte picked them up losing to unknown teams with players that are worth basically nothing and they're 1 PTS behind us with 1 game in hand ,and im sure they will finish above us probably top4
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk