Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:49 am

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Diaby was levels above Vieira technically and ability-wise, he was unable to develop a consistent all-round game though, something which Vieira of course was able to do.

Denilson was a decent player playing a vital role, keeping the ball moving, being the link between defence and attack, there was nothing wrong with his game, it was basic but vital at the time.

Diaby ‘levels’ above Vieira technically and ability wise????
Wtf?

Yes, he was far better technically than Vieira, he had a better range of passing, he had better close control of the ball, he had better dribbling ability, he had the ability to beat players for fun.

Whether you admit it or not, technically Vieira wasnt a match for Diaby. Vieira was by far the better player though.

Vieira was not just a big lump. He was one of the most skilled players in the Invincibles. Technically he was fantastic. I don’t see how you can rate Diaby higher and I loved Diaby to bits.

Yeah, Vieira wasn't just a lump. No way was Diaby levels above him technically or ability wise. Diaby was raw and sometimes lost the ball for doing too much with his dribbles. He was good though. Paddy could do the same when it came to beating his man but chose the right moments where he just broke through lines dribbling past opponents and carrying the ball from deep.

Sorry PnG, but if you say Vieira had greater technical ability than Diaby I would have to say you know nothing of Diaby's level.

Let's not get carried away, HH. Diaby was good and he never fulfilled his potential because or injures. It's a ridiculous comparison. Maybe it's memory issue, but Paddy wasn't some lumbering chump on the ball. To say Diaby was levels above him is disrespectful.

I just edited the post I made, having watched back a few videos on Vieira I can say I was categorically wrong to say Diaby was levels above Vieira technically, to be honest I wouldn't say Diaby was technically better than Vieira at all.

I stand corrected.

Salute for that, HH.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerz » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:17 pm

theHotHead wrote:Diaby was levels above Vieira technically and ability-wise, he was unable to develop a consistent all-round game though, something which Vieira of course was able to do.

Denilson was a decent player playing a vital role, keeping the ball moving, being the link between defence and attack, there was nothing wrong with his game, it was basic but vital at the time.

No..
But Diaby was on a vieira-like trajectory. He was more into the skills stuff and not that defensive.
Vieira had more in his locker attitude and personlity-wise. Vieira was more accomplished and rounded..

But Diaby is well above the likes of Partey in my opinion..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:12 pm

Goonerz wrote:

No..
But Diaby was on a vieira-like trajectory. He was more into the skills stuff and not that defensive.
Vieira had more in his locker attitude and personlity-wise. Vieira was more accomplished and rounded..

Yeah - Diaby was a hell of a lot better than Partey.
I don't know what it is but with some players referees seem to let them be kicked to shreds. That assault in the video to attempt to break his leg (3:08) - I seem to recall it wasn't even given as a foul!
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Losmeister » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:54 am

f***ing hilaRIOUS hh SAYS SOME ABSOLUTE DUMBSHIT THEN REALIZES AND GETS APPLAUSE...

jfc
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:29 am

f***ing Diaby my f***ing god he is the reason i loath AW, the guy wasted a squad spot for years and still can not sit down he has to lay down due to altitude sickness from getting of a medical bed. Made of milano glass looks good but brittle as f**k
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:28 am

f***ing Diaby my f***ing god he is the reason i loath AW, the guy wasted a squad spot for years and still can not sit down he has to lay down due to altitude sickness from getting of a medical bed. Made of milano glass looks good but brittle as f**k
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:52 am

Alex Song > Partey
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:53 am

Duplicate post
Last edited by theHotHead on Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:54 am

Losmeister wrote:f***ing hilaRIOUS hh SAYS SOME ABSOLUTE DUMBSHIT THEN REALIZES AND GETS APPLAUSE...

jfc

No Los, its just that I am not like most people in the forum that have to be wrong and strong and I can admit when I am wrong.

Its like a breath of fresh air on the forum, watch now as a wave of posters start admitting they are wrong rather that digging their heels in and arguing for the sake of arguing.

Are you jealous that nobody has applauded you, awwwwww poor little munchkin.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:55 am

Goonerz wrote:

No..

Dream on !!! Partey was world class at Athletico Madrid, Diaby was never world class at Arsenal.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:04 am

Losmeister wrote:f***ing hilaRIOUS hh SAYS SOME ABSOLUTE DUMBSHIT THEN REALIZES AND GETS APPLAUSE...

jfc

I can respect it when someone will hold their hands up and say they're wrong.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:16 am

VCC wrote:f***ing Diaby my f***ing god he is the reason i loath AW, the guy wasted a squad spot for years and still can not sit down he has to lay down due to altitude sickness from getting of a medical bed. Made of milano glass looks good but brittle as f**k

No. I don't despise Wenger for that. In fact, the compassion he showed for Diaby is what put a bit more credit on Wenger’s books for me. He wasn’t a cut throat bastard about it. He looked after him when he didn't have to.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby VCC » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:36 am

Power n Glory wrote:
VCC wrote:f***ing Diaby my f***ing god he is the reason i loath AW, the guy wasted a squad spot for years and still can not sit down he has to lay down due to altitude sickness from getting of a medical bed. Made of milano glass looks good but brittle as f**k

No. I don't despise Wenger for that. In fact, the compassion he showed for Diaby is what put a bit more credit on Wenger’s books for me. He wasn’t a cut throat bastard about it. He looked after him when he didn't have to.

There is exactly why fergusson shits all over AW.
No enya playing in the manure dressing room they were dodging hair dryers
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:52 am

VCC wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

There is exactly why fergusson shits all over AW.
No enya playing in the manure dressing room they were dodging hair dryers

Fergie doesn’t shit all over Wenger for starters and I don't champion that sort of thing. I feel it's important for our club to hold on to certain values. That corporate cut throat behaviour is soulless to me. Diaby was just a young kid at the time.

We also should cut the habit of shitting all over our history and heroes. Respect for Fergie and what he did is fine but we don't have to do it over our expense.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Fran Solo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:23 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:

No..

Dream on !!! Partey was world class at Athletico Madrid, Diaby was never world class at Arsenal.

Diaby got his first big injury when he was 20. Way before his prime age. He didnt really have a chance to prove himself, did he?
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk