Arteta Out

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:31 pm

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59416587

Tell me you need help without telling me you need help

Sign of good character - and good leadership - to seek help when needed.
jayramfootball
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:45 pm

Oh, tell me I didn't just read that!!!
Goonerred
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:22 pm

Lel.

Why do you guys hate Wenger so much? It's like he stole your lunch or something.

Wenger, in any sort of advisory capacity, would be good for Arteta and Edu. Even if someone's the brightest in the room, there is no substitute for experience.

I've observed that some Arsenal fans don't want anything to do with Wenger here. You have to realize that Wenger is a part of Arsenal much more than any of us.

Sad, unacceptable, travesty, terrorism, coronavirus... But the truth.

This current "progressive" generation of Arsenal simply need to honor him. Build that statue. Bring him back to the Emirates. Show some respect.

He's our most influential figure since Chapman. He's our most successful manager. This trend of Arsenal and every Arsenal great having an asterisk beside his name since the move to the Emirates—needs to end. It's embarrassing and only belittles us as a club. We already have the media and ignorant fans of other clubs shitting on our best accolades or undermining our great players. We don't need Gooners with, "pashun and solidarity," doing the same.

If we can't honor our history, our greats, nobody will. Time we honored Arsene for his historic contribution to Arsenal and English football.

It's also time we enshrined the Invincibles in some way. I'm sick and tired or how the likes of Ljungberg, Gilberto, Campbell (despite being a brave Englishman) are ignored.

I don't want a City-esque situation at Arsenal where their owners and contemporary fans pretend like City never existed before 2008.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Reiss » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:25 pm

Wenger is the reason why mediocrity became accepted.

I don't want him anywhere near the club.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Goonerred » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:41 pm

I do respect Wenger for what he did, but he's moved on. We have to move on.
Goonerred
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Jedi » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:47 pm

Bringing back Wenger in any capacity would be huge and I'm all for it.
Jedi
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:04 pm

Angelito wrote:Lel.

Why do you guys hate Wenger so much? It's like he stole your lunch or something.

Wenger, in any sort of advisory capacity, would be good for Arteta and Edu. Even if someone's the brightest in the room, there is no substitute for experience.

I've observed that some Arsenal fans don't want anything to do with Wenger here. You have to realize that Wenger is a part of Arsenal much more than any of us.

This current "progressive" generation of Arsenal simply need to honor him. Build that statue. Bring him back to the Emirates. Show some respect.

He's our most influential figure since Chapman. He's our most successful manager. This trend of Arsenal and every Arsenal great having an asterisk beside his name since the move to the Emirates—needs to end. It's embarrassing and only belittles us as a club. We already have the media and ignorant fans of other clubs shitting on our best accolades or undermining our great players. We don't need Gooners with, "pashun and solidarity," doing the same.

If we can't honor our history, our greats, nobody will. Time we honored Arsene for his historic contribution to Arsenal and English football.

It's also time we enshrined the Invincibles in some way. I'm sick and tired or how the likes of Ljungberg, Gilberto, Campbell (despite being a brave Englishman) are ignored.

I don't want a City-esque situation at Arsenal where their owners and contemporary fans pretend like City never existed before 2008.

Hopefully as more time passes he will be remembered more for his first decade.
In the end I could not stand the sight of Wenger, but as more time passes I do find myself remembering more of the years 1996-2006 than later.
jayramfootball
SE13
SE13

Postby Reiss » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:38 pm

That's interesting.

I'm the complete opposite- I cannot stand the sight of him.

Will be interesting to see how I feel in a few years time and if that will change.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Rockape » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:43 pm

I hear you Angelito, but we've moved on and we all know where Arsene's experience got us.....in a corner! Before he backed himself into that corner with his stubborn approach, he was a breath of fresh air in the English game. However those days have gone and I don't think we should look behind us.
Rockape
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:13 pm

I doubt Wenger would come back to work under Arteta. Plus he's a smart man and will see there are too many cooks in the kitchen. The structure just wouldn't be right. One of the Execs would have to make way for Wenger if this were to happen.
Power n Glory
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:26 pm

Why couldn't he leave it at "we want to see Arsene Wenger in the stands/box seats, he is always welcome at the Emirates"? Why is he saying he wants him back in club affairs?

Wenger is currently tanking his legacy by being the surrogate mother for FIFA's idiotic biennial WC plans. He would not be a welcome sight for players already struggling with year-round football.
Highbury Hillbilly
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ag6789 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:05 pm

Don't see how we can't use Wenger's experience and knowledge in an advisory capacity. He doesn't have to hold a formal position at the club.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:06 pm

Last thing we need is the guy who accepted mediocrity
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:40 pm

Should be sacked for this alone!!!!
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:49 pm

Angelito wrote:Lel.

I can't agree with you on this Angelito. SAF left Man U on top and some might say the spectre he left prevented subsequent managers from performing.

Wenger proved that he lost the plot by the time he left and I dont see what he can offer any "decent" manager or the club. Are you going to trust a man to advise who, as a manager, was incapable of identifying his own teams problems for 10 years?!!!! What possible useful advice could he give us?!!

I don't want to see the guy anywhere near the club with any capacity of influence!
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk