The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:12 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:Saudi’s about to take over Newcastle. 300 mil to Ashley, billion dollars in investment trust, 250 mil on players to start with. Heavyweight manager, director of football and chief executive to come in. Here we go.

Go where? FFP means they can't simply spend 250m on new players until they increase revenue by 250m - that's not happening in a Covid pandemic - they can rebuild the ground and training facilities with as much cash as they want, and indeed they can get their 'chums' to place massive sponsorship deals Man City style, but until that new income actually arrives they can't simply spend unlimited cash on players, however much they put into Newcastle's bank account ....

These are pure technicalities that the FA and PL will be happy to let slide. Just like they when they signed off on Newcastle's owners being a "consortium" and the not the Kingdom itself. *Wink*

Not quite accurate .... FFP in the EPL allows a club to make a maximum 105m loss over any three years, this can't be hidden as all clubs now need to file complete accounts .... you can't just 'let that slide' it needs all the other clubs in the EPL to agree, can you see that happening?

Newcastle have actually made a profit (80m) in their last two accounting years, primarily because Ashley has spent bugger all, that means that the new owners can spend that 80m plus an additional 105m of cash in this financial year, in total a net transfer spend of 185m ... that's only 50m more than we spent in the last twelve months,.

Sure over the next few years they can increase sponsorship by 10's of millions which will all be available to spend ... but that takes time, it took City four years and as we now know they broke all the rules ... it won't be that easy for Newcastle.

City spent 1.1 billion to build a squad when transfer fees were a lot lower than they are now - there's no way the EPL clubs will allow Newcastle to do the same in one season, at least you would hope not .... guess we will soon find out.

The can use the "Spurs Scam" and buy all their players on loan with future staged payments thus spreading any losses over several years, but that requires a motivated seller and only works for 2nd tier players, for the quality players they will want that simply isn't likely to be an option.

So what happens if they just spend £500m and say what you going to do about it?
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:19 am

Hypergooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:Saudi’s about to take over Newcastle. 300 mil to Ashley, billion dollars in investment trust, 250 mil on players to start with. Heavyweight manager, director of football and chief executive to come in. Here we go.

Go where? FFP means they can't simply spend 250m on new players until they increase revenue by 250m - that's not happening in a Covid pandemic - they can rebuild the ground and training facilities with as much cash as they want, and indeed they can get their 'chums' to place massive sponsorship deals Man City style, but until that new income actually arrives they can't simply spend unlimited cash on players, however much they put into Newcastle's bank account ....

These are pure technicalities that the FA and PL will be happy to let slide. Just like they when they signed off on Newcastle's owners being a "consortium" and the not the Kingdom itself. *Wink*

Not quite accurate .... FFP in the EPL allows a club to make a maximum 105m loss over any three years, this can't be hidden as all clubs now need to file complete accounts .... you can't just 'let that slide' it needs all the other clubs in the EPL to agree, can you see that happening?

Newcastle have actually made a profit (80m) in their last two accounting years, primarily because Ashley has spent bugger all, that means that the new owners can spend that 80m plus an additional 105m of cash in this financial year, in total a net transfer spend of 185m ... that's only 50m more than we spent in the last twelve months,.

Sure over the next few years they can increase sponsorship by 10's of millions which will all be available to spend ... but that takes time, it took City four years and as we now know they broke all the rules ... it won't be that easy for Newcastle.

City spent 1.1 billion to build a squad when transfer fees were a lot lower than they are now - there's no way the EPL clubs will allow Newcastle to do the same in one season, at least you would hope not .... guess we will soon find out.

The can use the "Spurs Scam" and buy all their players on loan with future staged payments thus spreading any losses over several years, but that requires a motivated seller and only works for 2nd tier players, for the quality players they will want that simply isn't likely to be an option.

So what happens if they just spend £500m and say what you going to do about it?

Nothing. As long as a few people get a nice back hander, like I suspect they did to approve the ownership in the first place.
A new gravy train is in town.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:19 am

One of the problems I have with the Kroenke's is them not sacking this clown of a manager and getting a proper manager in, they are spending the money on players with a clown managing them.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:53 pm

Arsenal director Josh Kroenke has said the club are not for sale despite a £1.8 billion bid from Spotify founder Daniel Ek.

Gunners fans have grown frustrated under the Kroenke family's ownership in recent years, and were particularly bothered by the club's attempted entrance into the Super Leauge earlier this year.

"We get bids for the club all the time, from many different parties around the world and that speaks to the strength of the Arsenal," Kroenke told Sky Sports.

"It's a wonderful institution, Arsenal Football Club is a global brand and my only response to anything is the club is not for sale, we're just getting started.

Ffs
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:10 am

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:32 am

Rams owner Stan Kroenke backing away from financial obligations
https://youtu.be/prhwgV8nUAw

Kroenke may have to pay the NFL up to $1Bn.

Also, enjoy hearing two American commentators struggle to figure out what the word “indemnity” means.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:30 am

C'mon KIA!

Oil is above $80/barrel and demand is through the roof. Make that cash rain on us.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:58 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:https://youtu.be/xVza4WQlmpc

Good interview actually.
Like I said before, outside the Super League mistake, which was a dumb one for sure, the Kroenkes have been pretty good owners.
I much prefer them to the prospect of Ek.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:08 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Good interview actually.
Like I said before, outside the Super League mistake, which was a dumb one for sure, the Kroenkes have been pretty good owners.

It’s not an interview. It’s a softball PR effort. An interview is going in front of Simon Jordan and facing the hair dryer. Not this puff piece.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:17 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Good interview actually.

It’s not an interview. It’s a softball PR effort. An interview is going in front of Simon Jordan and facing the hair dryer. Not this puff piece.

I think he nailed the key issue and it's good to hear that recognised by not just Josh Kroneke but also Arteta in an earlier interview. The club is pulling the in the right direction, together. In addition, the Kroenke's have consistently invested money, so other that the SL rubbish, I really don't know how they can be criticised. Good owners IMO.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:22 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Good interview actually.

I think he nailed the key issue and it's good to hear that recognised by not just Josh Kroneke but also Arteta in an earlier interview. The club is pulling the in the right direction, together. In addition, the Kroenke's have consistently invested money, so other that the SL rubbish, I really don't know how they can be criticised. Good owners IMO.

They’ve been our owners for over 13 years, Jay. 13 years of underperformance. You really care what they say now?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Hypergooner » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:16 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Good interview actually.

They’ve been our owners for over 13 years, Jay. 13 years of underperformance. You really care what they say now?

According to young Josh, they have only really owned the club since 2018. In that time have spent around £450 and won an FA cup. Can't knock that!
We can knock the seemingly poor decisions in recruitment but we may have turned a corner with that.
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:32 pm

Reports today that he will be ordered to pay the City of St Louis around $800m as a result of the law suit brought about from his having relocated the Rams to Los Angeles.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:16 am

The club's intention is 1-2 major signings per window going forward per The Athletic.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:36 pm

His choice is to either reinvest the money into the club or pay tax on it. Why would he do the latter? He may as well just pump it back in and end up with a bottom line of zero profit.

He doesn't need to take money out of the club. In 2011 the club was valued at £1.1bn. Since then we've been on a gradual decline, dropped out of the CL and had a year of empty stadiums. The club was valued recently at £2.3bn. His investment is growing in value whilst declining in sporting performance and revenue. It's incredible really. What other industry would this happen in?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk