William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:52 pm

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Arsenal ace William Saliba had a weekend to forget after a dismal Sunday display that was directly to blame for Marseille’s 3-2 defeat to Lens.

Marseille suffered a shock home defeat to Lens, with Saliba at fault for two of the goals. Matteo Guendouzi also played in the loss at Marseille’s home.

Firstly, his shocking pass inside his own penalty saw Lens win a penalty. Then, for the winner, he let the attacker get across him.

His lazy, not-fussed attitude to defending has saw him earn a dismal 2/10 rating – with Marseille conceding three, when it could have been more.

https://tbrfootball.com/out-on-loan-ars ... -2-defeat/

Oh Phill. Slander? Is that your thing now? What a mean spirited post.

Don't be a wally.

It's fact - as opposed to most of the posts on here about him, which are pure fantasy.

It shows that he's an ordinary player. Not some messiah sent from heaven to save us.

Its a fact all of a sudden because it paints him in a bad light - which fits your Arteta cheerleader status .....

This bollocks again.

I think it was a magnificent 2/10 performance. Everyone says so.

You two really don’t have a clue :lol:

How to moan like a bitch every day?

No we don't.

Wrong again pal.

The only time you post is to criticise others or big up Arteta.

It’s comical :lol:

Saliba played shit against Lens.
It's just how it is.
He has a whole season to improve. No big drama.

Exactly.

But you can't post anything negative about him or his fan boys start having a fit.

You have to laugh.

We’ve got your number pal.

Quite a few have your number... Arteta, White and all our other new signings, for example.
They are making you choke on your agenda against them and it's great to watch because it means success for Arsenal FC.
Don't think it went unnoticed that you were silent as a church mouse after we beat Spurs in the NLD when every other Arsenal fan was on cloud 9. Your silence was deafening.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:57 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Arsenal ace William Saliba had a weekend to forget after a dismal Sunday display that was directly to blame for Marseille’s 3-2 defeat to Lens.

Marseille suffered a shock home defeat to Lens, with Saliba at fault for two of the goals. Matteo Guendouzi also played in the loss at Marseille’s home.

Firstly, his shocking pass inside his own penalty saw Lens win a penalty. Then, for the winner, he let the attacker get across him.

His lazy, not-fussed attitude to defending has saw him earn a dismal 2/10 rating – with Marseille conceding three, when it could have been more.

Don't be a wally.

It's fact - as opposed to most of the posts on here about him, which are pure fantasy.

It shows that he's an ordinary player. Not some messiah sent from heaven to save us.

Its a fact all of a sudden because it paints him in a bad light - which fits your Arteta cheerleader status .....

This bollocks again.

No we don't.

Wrong again pal.

It's just how it is.

Exactly.

But you can't post anything negative about him or his fan boys start having a fit.

You have to laugh.

Quite a few have your number... Arteta, White and all our other new signings, for example.
They are making you choke on your agenda against them and it's great to watch because it means success for Arsenal FC.
Don't think it went unnoticed that you were silent as a church mouse after we beat Spurs in the NLD when every other Arsenal fan was on cloud 9. Your silence was deafening.

Oh yes.

The disappointment was obvious.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:04 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Don't be a wally.

This bollocks again.

No we don't.

Wrong again pal.

It's just how it is.

Exactly.

You have to laugh.

Arteta :lol: the guy is a useless manager, as usual though a couple wins and you forget everything before, it’s only 3 games pal, don’t get carried away it can easily go the other way like it has for almost 2 years!

As for White he’s been hit and miss I don’t think anyone would pay 50 million for him, has made a few mistakes and got away with a few others, he’s been okish so far.

No pal wrong again as usual, I had more important thing like my first borns birthday, as usual though people like you are quick to judge.

Keep it up though your entertaining the troops with you’re reactive nonsense posts :lol:
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:14 pm

Özim wrote:
Ach wrote:Saliba has plenty of good games. No articles incoming praising him.

One apparent bad game, couldn't wait to post articles about it to make it look like arteta was right

But but not an arteta cheerleader lol

Spot on it’s comical!

The denying of it when it's so obvious is the funny bit
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:10 pm

Ach wrote:
Özim wrote:

One apparent bad game, couldn't wait to post articles about it to make it look like arteta was right

Spot on it’s comical!

The denying of it when it's so obvious is the funny bit

Tell me about him, Jay and his follower always denying it but it’s so transparent.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:10 pm

Phil71 wrote:You either hate Arteta or you're a cheerleader.

No possibility of anything in the sensible ground in between.

What a puerile attitude. Like silly teenage girls.

It is possible, unfortunately you’re not or you wouldn’t pipe up at every opportunity to effectively big him up.

There’s people on here in the middle, they’re nothing like you.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:43 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Don't be a wally.

This bollocks again.

No we don't.

Wrong again pal.

It's just how it is.

Jay if the boy didn't handball there was no problem, they guy intercepting the ball in the box doesn't automatically mean "goal"
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:44 pm

Exactly, not even any back-handed compliments for when he did play well. Its as if they want him to fail.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:52 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Exactly.

You have to laugh.

You have NEVER posted anything positive about him ..... so you can't claim to be fair or unbiased.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:49 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Don't be a wally.

This bollocks again.

No we don't.

Wrong again pal.

It's just how it is.

Jay if the boy didn't handball there was no problem, they guy intercepting the ball in the box doesn't automatically mean "goal"

Don't be silly.
If you put your team in severe danger with a stupid pass, you have made a big mistake.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:04 pm

I’ve watched and rewatched that pass, it was quite gentle and the receiving player actually called for the ball and then made a right hash of it, I’m not really sure how he missed it, has to go down as a mistake by the receiving player really who signalled for the ball in the 1st place.

But that wasn’t even the penalty, the guy who gave the penalty away made a right mess of the challenge and ended up handballing.

Definitely not Salibas fault, of course you would think it was a it suits your agenda.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:33 pm

Özim wrote:I’ve watched and rewatched that pass, it was quite gentle and the receiving player actually called for the ball and then made a right hash of it, I’m not really sure how he missed it, has to go down as a mistake by the receiving player really who signalled for the ball in the 1st place.

But that wasn’t even the penalty, the guy who gave the penalty away made a right mess of the challenge and ended up handballing.

Definitely not Salibas fault, of course you would think it was a it suits your agenda.

Stupid decision to play the pass in the first place.

Then poor execution of the pass. Put his team in real trouble, completely unnecessarily. Left his teammate scurrying to try and reach 50/50 ball because the pass was so bad.
I can see why he was loaned out if his decision making is this poor. Looking like a good decision. Not ready for PL level.

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby StockGooner » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:12 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:I’ve watched and rewatched that pass, it was quite gentle and the receiving player actually called for the ball and then made a right hash of it, I’m not really sure how he missed it, has to go down as a mistake by the receiving player really who signalled for the ball in the 1st place.

Then poor execution of the pass. Put his team in real trouble, completely unnecessarily. Left his teammate scurrying to try and reach 50/50 ball because the pass was so bad.
I can see why he was loaned out if his decision making is this poor. Looking like a good decision. Not ready for PL level.

Can't be that black or white surely? By all accounts Saliba has had some very good games and had one bad game with two errors and he's not good enough.

Yet Ben White makes one terrible backpass against Burnley that we get away with and it's accepted? Seems a little unfair

And then Ramsdale's pass on Sunday where Xhaka has to bail him out.

As it happens I agree with you on White, I think he's looked good, and equally Ramsdale has (Although I do think Leno is killed by our fans). But in this example it seems that you're killing one guy and saying those mistakes mean he isn't ready, but excusing others
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:21 pm

StockGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Can't be that black or white surely? By all accounts Saliba has had some very good games and had one bad game with two errors and he's not good enough.

Yet Ben White makes one terrible backpass against Burnley that we get away with and it's accepted? Seems a little unfair

And then Ramsdale's pass on Sunday where Xhaka has to bail him out.

As it happens I agree with you on White, I think he's looked good, and equally Ramsdale has (Although I do think Leno is killed by our fans). But in this example it seems that you're killing one guy and saying those mistakes mean he isn't ready, but excusing others

The difference is that White and Ramsdale are deemed to be good enough by the coaching staff and Saliba is not (yet). Not a surprise really as they are 3 years older with PL experience.

If the argument is - and it has been - that Saliba is 'magnificent' and should be starting for us (as a 20yr old with no experience in the PL), then these kind of really bad mistakes (in a weaker league) are obviously going to be highlighted to dispel any theory that he's not with us purely because Arteta doesn't like him personally. They give support to the clubs choice to send him out for another year on loan. Saliba himself says he has a lot to work on. Personally, I hope he does improve and makes real run for our first team. That is good for Arsenal. But I am not down with undermining our players in the team now with nonsense about some kid who hasn't proved anything yet - in his own words.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:45 pm

Like slating Ben White suits yours.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk