Benjamin White (4)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Ben White (4)

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:42 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote: he
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:Saliba got 7.67 in one game so it’s isn’t.

Also White played against the two bottom sides, the French teams are most likely better than those two as both those sides are awful!

Most likely?
They are not
Norwich and Burnley are better than Montpellier
Bordeaux saint etiene and lokomotive Moscow come to think of it

Starmandb ... Montpellier and Bordeaux have both won Ligue 1 in recent years, when did Burnley and Norwich last win ANY trophy ?

If Norwich and Burnley were in the French league they'd be challenging for top honours.

The French league is much lower in terms of quality and competition compared to the PL. Much lower.

In the PL almost every single game is a tough challenge.

Phil thats a hogwash argument and you know it ! Norwich and Burnley will NEVER win the league even if the league only had Arsenal and Spurs in it. Marseille, Paris St Germain, Monaco, Lyon, since the 90s, have dominated Ligue 1 but Bordeaux and St Etienne broke their stranglehold to win the league.

The French League is a much much lower standard than the PL.
That's just a fact.

Regardless - even if they were the same - you used whoscored stats. Not my stats , yours.
They show that last week White was rated the same as Saliba.
White's performance was characterised as poor or shit, whilst Saliba's magnificent.
It's that kind of assessment that reveals the agenda fully and make sany argument about some conspiracy against Saliba very transparently bullshit.
There is an agenda-driven bias and it is crystal clear.

Unlike you most don’t just look at stats blindly, his performances on the pitch have been sub standard for. 50 million defender in 2 of the 3 games.

Saliba has been getting positive reviews from many and those that have watched him have said he’s been very good.

As for agendas, all your arguments are agenda driven, that’s why you come on and go way over the top when we win a game claiming it’s absolutely amazing, it’s like we won the CL or something, nothing wrong with being happy we won but you go way way over the top.

They were your stats, lol
You and HH used whoscored.
Don;t try and slide out of the corner you put yourself in.
They backfired on you and fully revealed your agenda (not that it was not obvious before).
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:03 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Also White played against the two bottom sides, the French teams are most likely better than those two as both those sides are awful!

Most likely?
They are not

Starmandb ... Montpellier and Bordeaux have both won Ligue 1 in recent years, when did Burnley and Norwich last win ANY trophy ?

If Norwich and Burnley were in the French league they'd be challenging for top honours.

The French league is much lower in terms of quality and competition compared to the PL. Much lower.

Phil thats a hogwash argument and you know it ! Norwich and Burnley will NEVER win the league even if the league only had Arsenal and Spurs in it. Marseille, Paris St Germain, Monaco, Lyon, since the 90s, have dominated Ligue 1 but Bordeaux and St Etienne broke their stranglehold to win the league.

That's just a fact.

Regardless - even if they were the same - you used whoscored stats. Not my stats , yours.
White's performance was characterised as poor or shit, whilst Saliba's magnificent.
It's that kind of assessment that reveals the agenda fully and make sany argument about some conspiracy against Saliba very transparently bullshit.

Unlike you most don’t just look at stats blindly, his performances on the pitch have been sub standard for. 50 million defender in 2 of the 3 games.

Saliba has been getting positive reviews from many and those that have watched him have said he’s been very good.

As for agendas, all your arguments are agenda driven, that’s why you come on and go way over the top when we win a game claiming it’s absolutely amazing, it’s like we won the CL or something, nothing wrong with being happy we won but you go way way over the top.

They backfired on you and fully revealed your agenda (not that it was not obvious before).

No I never posted any stats from a site sorry, you’re wrong.

I simply replied to your comment about White rating higher than Saliba in any of his games, that was factually incorrect according to the stats you quoted.

I’ve said before I don’t believe stats on their own pain an accurate picture, they need context.

The context is given by people watching with their eyes.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:08 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Most likely?
They are not

That's just a fact.

I simply replied to your comment about White rating higher than Saliba in any of his games, that was factually incorrect according to the stats you quoted.

I’ve said before I don’t believe stats on their own pain an accurate picture, they need context.

I have watched Saliba all season - he's been a 6/10 all season, raising to a 7/10 in a couple of games - in the French league.
He's been ok... but more with his simple passes out from back than defending. Defensively he hasn't done much.
Not seen him be dominant in the air, not seen him make many tackles.
I have seen him give too much space to his opponents and be out of position too often.

He's not been close to 'magnificent'.
He's been decent in the French league for a kid - and I can see some improvement which I hope continues so that he can make it in the PL or we can sell him for a decent fee.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:14 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Most likely?
They are not

That's just a fact.

I have watched Saliba all season - he's been a 6/10 all season, raising to a 7/10 in a couple of games - in the French league.
He's been ok... but more with his simple passes out from back than defending. Defensively he hasn't done much.
I have seen him give too much space to his opponents and be out of position too often.

He's been decent in the French league for a kid - and I can see some improvement which I hope continues so that he can make it in the PL or we can sell him for a decent fee.

Someone else has been watching his matches on here and has posted how good he’s been.

I don’t really value your opinion on him as you’re very clearly very biased against him due to your pro Arteta agenda.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:17 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Most likely?
They are not

That's just a fact.

Someone else has been watching his matches on here and has posted how good he’s been.

I don’t really value your opinion on him as you’re very clearly very biased against him due to your pro Arteta agenda.

My agenda is pro-Arsenal, yours is anti-Arsenal.
It's the reason you proliferate media hit pieces against our club, attack our players and go OTT on any situation you can find, true or false, that lines up with your anti-Arsenal agenda.

It's the same agenda you have that makes you upset when we win games and makes you say silly things like 'Man City thrash teams all the time' as a way of denigrating our recent away win.

It's more than obvious.
The club really doesn't need you around, but we have to put up with you.
I wish we could sack fans.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:36 pm

No it’s isn’t, your agenda is pro Arteta and Edu, no one pro Arsenal would support what we’ve been seeing for the last 2 years, it’s not at the required level for Arsenal.

I just post what comes up, I don’t search for it it comes up, I don’t rate Arteta and don’t like him as manager so yes if I see something that comes up that I think proved that I will post it.

If got no loyalty to him, all I care is how the club does and he’s not delivering so he needs to be sacked, that’s the end of it for me, he’s had his chance and I’m done with him.

All you do is support the absolute rubbish we’ve been putting out, it’s actually people like you that allow the club to get away with underperforming by accepting it and even going as far as hailing it.

We’ve got an owner who doesn’t care, if he’s got a bunch of people who will accept any rubbish we put out he’ll be happy with that as long as he’s not losing money, luckily for him there is a group of people like that and so he can get away with it and doesn’t have to bother changing managers he can just let the same rubbish continue to be churned out.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:15 pm

Özim wrote:No it’s isn’t, your agenda is pro Arteta and Edu, no one pro Arsenal would support what we’ve been seeing for the last 2 years, it’s not at the required level for Arsenal.

I just post what comes up, I don’t search for it it comes up, I don’t rate Arteta and don’t like him as manager so yes if I see something that comes up that I think proved that I will post it.

If got no loyalty to him, all I care is how the club does and he’s not delivering so he needs to be sacked, that’s the end of it for me, he’s had his chance and I’m done with him.

All you do is support the absolute rubbish we’ve been putting out, it’s actually people like you that allow the club to get away with underperforming by accepting it and even going as far as hailing it.

We’ve got an owner who doesn’t care, if he’s got a bunch of people who will accept any rubbish we put out he’ll be happy with that as long as he’s not losing money, luckily for him there is a group of people like that and so he can get away with it and doesn’t have to bother changing managers he can just let the same rubbish continue to be churned out.

Nope.
My position has been stated and remains the same - broadly.
Top 6 and at Christmas we need to be not out of the top 4 race - i.e. we've had no horrible runs like we did last mid-Oct to mid-Dec.
If that is not met then get a new manager.
It's not complicated. It's reasonable.

Because you have entrenched yourself so much, from a point you can never climb out, you see anything that is not hyperventilating about how bad everything is as pro-Arteta.

I will always call out the OTT (ridiculous) nonsense I will always be happy when we win any game in the PL, not whining because we didn't win by more.
Right now I am delighted as we've won 2 games on the spin, kept 2 clean sheets and have a chance of really getting ourselves back on track on Sunday. I am also very excited by the prospect of some excellent new signings and what that means for our future.

In short, I am standing on a hill with a telescope, checking immediate surroundings and also looking out to the horizon.
You're 50ft into the ground looking down and still digging.

Your 'required level' for Arsenal is also horsehit - you think we should be thrashing teams in away games in the PL and see a 1-0 away win as a failure.
Arsenal FC has NEVER been at a level where that would be the norm and neither has any other club in this country.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:35 pm

jayramfootball wrote:The skills you are talking about are basics for professional footballers - no what sets them apart.
Reading the game, positioning , confidence, decision making, execution and of course level of skill are what set players apart.

You can believe two things about Saliba - it really is a simple equation.
Either he was so bad in training that he was clearly not ready and was loaned to get experience - OR Arteta just decided out of the blue - and with no reason - 'hey, I don't like that guy, I think I will make his life hell'.

The second reason is highly unlikely. Up to you if you want to believe it in order to massage your Arteta bad view of the world.
I will stick to the most obvious explanation.

Jay, there is far more likelihood that Arteta just doesn't fancy Saliba than there is that he was bad in training, not a hope in hell that training is the reason. Training is training, there is no intensity in training, its called training for a reason.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:39 pm

jayramfootball wrote:The French League is a much much lower standard than the PL.
That's just a fact.

It's that kind of assessment that reveals the agenda fully and makes any argument about some conspiracy against Saliba very transparently bullshit.

If the debate was that Saliba was looking pretty decent in a lower quality league, but is showing some particularly good aspects to his game - and he looks like he good do a job for us.. i.e. Arteta and Arsenal may have made a mistake, I would be all ears. You may have noticed that BEFORE he was loaned I said he should be given a chance.

However, whilst the agenda continues that turns the argument into Saliba is magnificent, Arteta bad, White is shit.. .you will get zero traction from me on any point in your argument.

Stop with the argument creep ! Norwich and Burnley are not better than Montpellier and Bordeaux. Thats what this specific argument is about. The whoscored stats argument is separate, lets address it separately.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:40 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:No it’s isn’t, your agenda is pro Arteta and Edu, no one pro Arsenal would support what we’ve been seeing for the last 2 years, it’s not at the required level for Arsenal.

Nope.
Top 6 and at Christmas we need to be not out of the top 4 race - i.e. we've had no horrible runs like we did last mid-Oct to mid-Dec.

Because you have entrenched yourself so much, from a point you can never climb out, you see anything that is not hyperventilating about how bad everything is as pro-Arteta.

I will always call out the OTT (ridiculous) nonsense I will always be happy when we win any game in the PL, not whining because we didn't win by more.
Right now I am delighted as we've won 2 games on the spin, kept 2 clean sheets and have a chance of really getting ourselves back on track on Sunday. I am also very excited by the prospect of some excellent new signings and what that means for our future.

In short, I am standing on a hill with a telescope, checking immediate surroundings and also looking out to the horizon.

Your 'required level' for Arsenal is also horsehit - you think we should be thrashing teams in away games in the PL and see a 1-0 away win as a failure.
Arsenal FC has NEVER been at a level where that would be the norm and neither has any other club in this country.

My required level for Arsenal is challenging for the big prizes and being in the CL challenging, like any Arsenal fan, this top 6 BS is nonsense, that should never be our aim but we’ve got a manager who can’t even achieve that anyway. Now of course if I see progress towards that then I would be happy enough, but there isn’t any after 2 years now, so that enough for me and Arteta has had his chance. I don’t believe in him and he’s already confirmed with our worst start ever that he’s still not up to it, no excuses you deal with what’s in front of you and deliver, he hasn’t yet again!

You’re as OTT as the come which is why I and many many others call you out, just look at the Saliba conversation, you just cannot bring yourself to say Arteta has an issue with him despite it being clear, instead you spout out some absolutely BS about training and when people call you up on it you still maintain players are picked on how they trains (which is absolute rubbish btw, it might be true for untested kids but not 30 million signings).

You see yourself as some sort of sheriff of Arsenal when in fact your blind faith doesn’t allow you to see the reality, that ridiculous mythical 2nd half of the season stat for example, when we lose it’s because it was a tough match or we were done by VAR or some sort of conspiracy theory, when we scrape a win it’s because everyone was amazing and the best thing since sliced bread.

And your support of Arteta (despite your claims otherwise) is very misguided (you’re not the only one either) to the point that you support the ridiculous.

In a way I’m glad your views of me are such because if they weren’t I’d be worried about my opinions tbh.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:51 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
He didn't play because he was not good enough for the squad - and therefore was not registered, obviously.

Jay your argument is so full of holes. Managers come in, he doesn't take a fancy to the previous manager's players, he drops them /gets rid of them. It happens every season in every country. You are basically saying that when a new manager takes over a club, if he drops a player its because he isn't good enough. That is rubbish. Ancelotti didn't fancy Ozil and sold him from Real Madrid, are you saying he was sold without even playing a game for Ancelotti because he wasn't good enough ?! :lol:

There are countless examples of the same, lets put an end to this particular argument please :arse fan:

Arteta doesn't fancy Saliba, he got rid of him ....... far far far more plausible than Saliba was rubbish in training LOL.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:19 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
It's more than obvious.
The club really doesn't need you around, but we have to put up with you.
I wish we could sack fans.

A bit of a dangerous quote there if subjected to misinterpretation, as not too dissimilar to an Aryan theology a little over 100 years ago.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:34 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Nope.

My required level for Arsenal is challenging for the big prizes and being in the CL challenging, like any Arsenal fan, this top 6 BS is nonsense, that should never be our aim but we’ve got a manager who can’t even achieve that anyway. Now of course if I see progress towards that then I would be happy enough, but there isn’t any after 2 years now, so that enough for me and Arteta has had his chance. I don’t believe in him and he’s already confirmed with our worst start ever that he’s still not up to it, no excuses you deal with what’s in front of you and deliver, he hasn’t yet again!

You’re as OTT as the come which is why I and many many others call you out, just look at the Saliba conversation, you just cannot bring yourself to say Arteta has an issue with him despite it being clear, instead you spout out some absolutely BS about training and when people call you up on it you still maintain players are picked on how they trains (which is absolute rubbish btw, it might be true for untested kids but not 30 million signings).

You see yourself as some sort of sheriff of Arsenal when in fact your blind faith doesn’t allow you to see the reality, that ridiculous mythical 2nd half of the season stat for example, when we lose it’s because it was a tough match or we were done by VAR or some sort of conspiracy theory, when we scrape a win it’s because everyone was amazing and the best thing since sliced bread.

And your support of Arteta (despite your claims otherwise) is very misguided (you’re not the only one either) to the point that you support the ridiculous.

In a way I’m glad your views of me are such because if they weren’t I’d be worried about my opinions tbh.

Your 'required' level is not reality.
You are like a spolied child asking mummy for sweets when she has no money.
You cry when you don't get them and blame mummy.

Arsenal fans who actually understand the game, the club and where we are now will be delighted with top 6 this season.
Very few, like yourself, will continue to cry about it because you have the false belief that we should be challenging for the title every year and 'thrashing' teams home and away all the time. You live in a fantasy world.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:41 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
He didn't play because he was not good enough for the squad - and therefore was not registered, obviously.

Jay your argument is so full of holes. Managers come in, he doesn't take a fancy to the previous manager's players, he drops them /gets rid of them. It happens every season in every country. You are basically saying that when a new manager takes over a club, if he drops a player its because he isn't good enough. That is rubbish. Ancelotti didn't fancy Ozil and sold him from Real Madrid, are you saying he was sold without even playing a game for Ancelotti because he wasn't good enough ?! :lol:

There are countless examples of the same, lets put an end to this particular argument please :arse fan:

Arteta doesn't fancy Saliba, he got rid of him ....... far far far more plausible than Saliba was rubbish in training LOL.

Ozil was an established pro and there was no need to understand any more about him. Ancelotti did not want him for the system he was going t play. Simple.
Saliba is a kid with no experience at the level of the PL.
Quite obviously he is going to be assessed BEFORE he is given a start for the first team, like every other kid.
The mistake you've made is that you have fallen into the trap of seeing Saliba as anything but a kid starting out in the game because we paid 27m for him. We got conned on the deal - very suspicious too as it came from the same avenue as Pepe for 73m.
ESR went on loan too. So do countless other kids... because they are not quite ready to be thrown into the PL.
Assessing when they are ready comes from training, U23 matches and how they do on loan.
Always been that way with kids coming through the ranks and always will be.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:03 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Nope.

Your 'required' level is not reality.
You are like a spolied child asking mummy for sweets when she has no money.
You cry when you don't get them and blame mummy.

Arsenal fans who actually understand the game, the club and where we are now will be delighted with top 6 this season.
Very few, like yourself, will continue to cry about it because you have the false belief that we should be challenging for the title every year and 'thrashing' teams home and away all the time. You live in a fantasy world.

It’s reality for ever other big club out there, they don’t aspire to come 6th, that’s just club PR nonsense.

For some reason Arsenal is some sort of exception, when Man U lost Ferguson they went through transition but you never heard them say oh we want to come top 6, no they wanted to win the title and play in the CL and compete.

Likewise Chelsea and Liverpool.

Big clubs have big aspirations, the trouble is for years at this club expectations have been dampened to the point that now we have to be eternally grateful if we make it into the top 6.

It’s losers mentality, winners don’t aspire to come 6th they aim high and try to achieve it.

This club hasn’t done much right in many years but one thing they’ve got spot on is lowering expectations of some fans to the point that they’re grateful with whatever they get.

Weber basically become a club with a losers mentality. Oh and it has nothing to do with understanding the game, it’s to do with being brainwashed by the club over many years into accepting being 2nd rate.

The right person with the right ambition could turn this club around fairly efficiently, if we’d give them enough 160 million to a decent manager we’d already be on our way instead of being stuck in the same place we’ve been for 2 years.

What hurts this club is lack of ambition and it start at the top with an owner who really couldn’t care less what happens on the pitch as long as the share price remains at its level and filters all the way through the club.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk