Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:35 am

swipe right wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Nah, I'm not rolling with that one. Different league and different requirements. For starters, a player shouldn't be picking up injuries in training because they're too intense. This coach could be running his players into the ground for all we know.

Would have to hear more feedback elsewhere about our training sessions.

How about watching the games on tv? Do you see intensity?

Yes and no. Pace of our play can be too slow at times, closing down can be a bit slow and that may be a tactical problem but as said, would need to hear more from inside about our training sessions. I'm not just running with what some other coach has to say from another league. It's one thing if he said the kid can't play at a high pace, another when he's getting injured from training.

The Prem is more demanding physically so I don't know if this coach could run the drills he's running now in the Dutch league if he were in the Prem. We were just discussing Wilshere's career and injury problems on another thread, so try and take my views on that into account as well as my criticism for Arteta.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:55 am

ag6789 wrote:The solution is having a good mix of youth and vets. Introduce young blood gradually and carefully.
Actually the current squad does have a mix of both, but lacks a few top quality pros in key areas like CM/AM. Thought someone like Bernardo Silva would do the trick but probably baulked at the idea of no European football. Will never know.

This PLUS a manager that knows what he is doing !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:52 pm

Sad to see Arsenal fans jumping on stories being peddled by a media hell-bent on maximising clicks off the back of our poor start to the season.
What a load of bollocks this latest attack line is.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:20 pm

Whatever is happening in training it’s not very good, for the best part 2 years now we’ve looked bereft of ideas on the pitch and struggled to score goals.

You can’t even really see a clear methodology, it’s all seems which after such a long time is shocking.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby ag6789 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:12 pm

It is quite understandable if the fans are upset over the poor start, and it is also ok for the media to pounce on any juicy bits they can chew on. It is upto Arteta and players to turn things around quickly and bring everyone back to a positive frame of mind.... otherwise we will be a fair game.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:57 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Sad to see Arsenal fans jumping on stories being peddled by a media hell-bent on maximising clicks off the back of our poor start to the season.

You’ve got a thread open that’s running 12 pages long on how bad our finishing is. And then when some one points out our training sessions lack intensity you call it a line of attack. Make up your mind.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:18 pm

TedLasso wrote:PnG is right. There’s also the added fact that this was Feyenoord’s manager taking the shot at Arteta, not Nelson. For all we know, this was just a strain injury related to particular drill Nelson had never run before.

I say that as someone extremely dubious of Arteta’s management in general.

Same. For all we know, this guy could be a terrible coach that runs his players into the ground physically.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:21 pm

Özim wrote:Whatever is happening in training it’s not very good, for the best part 2 years now we’ve looked bereft of ideas on the pitch and struggled to score goals.

You can’t even really see a clear methodology, it’s all seems which after such a long time is shocking.

This is also true. Whatever is going on in training, the results haven’t been good enough.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:43 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Sad to see Arsenal fans jumping on stories being peddled by a media hell-bent on maximising clicks off the back of our poor start to the season.

You’ve got a thread open that’s running 12 pages long on how bad our finishing is. And then when some one points out our training sessions lack intensity you call it a line of attack. Make up your mind.

Yeah, I agree with you there. Can't have it both ways with this 'best fan act'. Same sort of support and benefit of the doubt should apply to the players and club captain.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:44 pm

How about he wins some games so they don't have anything to write about?

Blaming AFC fans again for our crap results?

Maybe they're tired for being made to look a laughing stock.

17th, Brentford are 10th.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:27 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Nope.
Just sad to see fans embracing obvious hit pieces against our club.
I expect the media to kick us when we're down with BS, they always do. I find it sad that fans help with the kicking - and seem to enjoy it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:36 pm

Those who enjoy aren't fans. The real fans vent their feelings out of frustration ,hurt and sadness.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Nope.
Just sad to see fans embracing obvious hit pieces against our club.
I expect the media to kick us when we're down with BS, they always do. I find it sad that fans help with the kicking - and seem to enjoy it.

.......... because they want it to stop, the losing, the crap football, the being below 10th for periods of the season, the no Europe, the managers and players who turn their noses up at us because of the state we're in.

But obviously you're happy to support that.

I even got my mother to be Arteta Out, she asked why we're doing so sht and I said because Arteta spent £150m and only bought two players who are guaranteed starters in our first choice 11.

Tbf Swipe Right has put a death knell into your entire argument anyway, he's absolutely right that long term projects don't work in today's football, there's too much money in it now, our good players will be snapped up before we even reach the top 4.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:54 am

Power n Glory wrote:
TedLasso wrote:PnG is right. There’s also the added fact that this was Feyenoord’s manager taking the shot at Arteta, not Nelson. For all we know, this was just a strain injury related to particular drill Nelson had never run before.

I say that as someone extremely dubious of Arteta’s management in general.

Same. For all we know, this guy could be a terrible coach that runs his players into the ground physically.

Well nobody can say you are trying to pin everything on Arteta!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:59 am

Arsenal fans criticising Arsenal methods is nothing new. For the longest time Arsenal training methods have been criticised as being inadequate and our medical record has been absolutely hammered.

We don't work on the right things in training and even players don't trust our medical team, they go back to Spain or Germany to rehabilitate.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk