2021 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

How would you classify this transfer window?

Poor
41%
Average
41%
Good
6%
Great
13%

Total votes : 32

Re: 2021 Summer Transfer Window

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:58 am

This window is looking like a disaster for any club with no money - already we can see City, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and probably next week Spurs packing their squads with last year's 50m players being bought for cash at knock-down prices ... with most of the big European clubs in financial crisis this is when money really matters.

So far we just don't seem to recognise that NOW is the time to spend big ... the big four will just get bigger ... let's pray that doesn't become the big five with Spurs joining them whilst we become part of the mid-table pack chasing sixth place (again)

So far our transfer dealings are looking very "West Ham" and that's simply not good enough.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:57 am

EliteKiller wrote:This window is looking like a disaster for any club with no money - already we can see City, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and probably next week Spurs packing their squads with last year's 50m players being bought for cash at knock-down prices ... with most of the big European clubs in financial crisis this is when money really matters.

So far we just don't seem to recognise that NOW is the time to spend big ... the big four will just get bigger ... let's pray that doesn't become the big five with Spurs joining them whilst we become part of the mid-table pack chasing sixth place (again)

So far our transfer dealings are looking very "West Ham" and that's simply not good enough.

Sadly that's our level now, our motto is .... when in doubt loan out, what a shambles.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby starmandb » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:01 am

Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:Sold Emi for 27 mil.
Buying Ramsdale for 30 mil.
How does Edu have a job?

That's criminal, no words for that.

Kroenke is being fleeced.

Arsenal have been told by Sheffield United to raise their offer for 32-year-old Aaron Ramsdale to more than £32m after having two bids rejected for the goalkeeper :rolleyes:

The guy is 32 why are we willing to pay anywhere near that?

He is 23

But you'd see 32 if you really wanted to.

32 for a goalkeeper
It’s a wonder seaman could get up the stairs to pick up the 5 honours he won after that age
Still I saw a negative and jumped on it coz I wanna be in the don’t get excited,everything’s shit gang
It seems they have such larks….

You don’t pay 32 milllion for a 32 year old keeper, that way my point.

Ramsdale isn’t worth 32 million at 23 anyway, he’s nowhere near as good as Martinez whom we sold for 20 million.

As for your comment about Seaman, you’re talking about one of the greatest keepers ever, but even so at 32 he wouldn’t have cost 32 million.

None of these keepers mentioned can compare to him by any stretch of the imagination.

You jumped on another negative is what you did
Criticism with a heavy heart comes nowhere near your mantra
It ain’t your money it ain’t my money
Who gives a f**k how much anyone costs at any age as long as they can do the job
Arsenal are a very rich club
Seaman was relegated with Birmingham as well
Didn’t bar us from signing him
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Angelito » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:10 am

Zenith wrote:

How Edu still has a job at Arsenal is beyond me..
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:34 am

Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:

He must have photos ;)
Nuggets

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:48 pm

Nothing wrong with Runarrsson going on loan. His transfer fee is a rounding error compared to what we've spent on other players.

I'm much more concerned about the huge backlog of higher-value players we have failed to move on.

Willock
AMN
Nelson
Nketiah
Torreira
Kolasinac
Willian
Lacazette.

Even Xhaka is still technically an Arsenal player.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:01 pm

aniym wrote:Nothing wrong with Runarrsson going on loan. His transfer fee is a rounding error compared to what we've spent on other players.

I'm much more concerned about the huge backlog of higher-value players we have failed to move on.

Willock
AMN
Nelson
Nketiah
Torreira
Kolasinac
Willian
Lacazette.

Think Angelito and Nuggets alluded to the alleged £25m bid we've made for Ramsdale. A goalkeeper who, for Premier League standards, really hasn't proven to be anything other than an average joe.

Listen, for all we know he could still become a very good goalie, but it'd be another major gamble. Even if we consider the inflation that comes with his nationality and homegrown status, Sheffield's asking price isn't by any stretch commensurate with the level of performance Ramsdale has shown.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:05 pm

starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
How does Edu have a job?

Arsenal have been told by Sheffield United to raise their offer for 32-year-old Aaron Ramsdale to more than £32m after having two bids rejected for the goalkeeper :rolleyes:

He is 23

32 for a goalkeeper
It’s a wonder seaman could get up the stairs to pick up the 5 honours he won after that age
Still I saw a negative and jumped on it coz I wanna be in the don’t get excited,everything’s shit gang

Ramsdale isn’t worth 32 million at 23 anyway, he’s nowhere near as good as Martinez whom we sold for 20 million.

As for your comment about Seaman, you’re talking about one of the greatest keepers ever, but even so at 32 he wouldn’t have cost 32 million.

None of these keepers mentioned can compare to him by any stretch of the imagination.

Who gives a f**k how much anyone costs at any age as long as they can do the job

Not at all, Ramsdale hasn’t proved to be a top class keeper which is what 32 million should buy you, especially when a team has been relegated and basically has to sell its assets.

Please don’t compare Ramsdale to Seaman, it’s like comparing mince beef to Kobe beef!

We all know this clubs transfer policy is heavily flawed we’ve seen it many times over the years and have watched it once again unfold this summer, so let’s not pretend we know what we’re doing and are signing the next David Seaman!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:10 pm

Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
How does Edu have a job?

He is 23

32 for a goalkeeper

Not at all, Ramsdale hasn’t proved to be a top class keeper which is what 32 million should buy you, especially when a team has been relegated and basically has to sell its assets.

Please don’t compare Ramsdale to Seaman, it’s like comparing mince beef to Kobe beef!

We all know this clubs transfer policy is heavily flawed we’ve seen it many times over the years and have watched it once again unfold this summer, so let’s not pretend we know what we’re doing and are signing the next David Seaman!

Where exactly do you get the idea that Ramsdale is not a good goal keeper?
Some of his saves last year were absolutely outstanding.
When Emi Martinez was in our reserves for nearly a decade, was he Kobe beef too?
You just continue to sh*t on everything the club does.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:22 pm

Zenith wrote:
aniym wrote:Nothing wrong with Runarrsson going on loan. His transfer fee is a rounding error compared to what we've spent on other players.

Willock
AMN
Nelson
Nketiah
Torreira
Kolasinac
Willian
Lacazette.

Think Angelito and Nuggets alluded to the alleged £25m-bid we've made for Ramsdale. A goalkeeper who, for Premier League standards, really hasn't proven to be anything other than an average joe.

Listen, for all we know he could still become a very good goalie, but it'd be another major gamble. Even if we consider the inflation that comes with his nationality and homegrown status, Sheffield's asking price isn't by any stretch commensurate with the level of performance Ramsdale has shown.

Yeah, that price is outrageous. Especially considering that Matt Ryan was available from Brighton, and chose Real Sociedad over us. He's far more experienced than Ramsdale, but I wouldn't want either as our #1.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:01 pm

Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
How does Edu have a job?

He is 23

32 for a goalkeeper

It could all end in tears, 32 mil for a guy who is 32 and got relegated last season, doesn't fill me with confidence we are grasping at straws.
Nuggets

Postby Angelito » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:04 pm

Zenith wrote:

Willock
AMN
Nelson
Nketiah
Torreira
Kolasinac
Willian
Lacazette.

Think Angelito and Nuggets alluded to the alleged £25m bid we've made for Ramsdale. A goalkeeper who, for Premier League standards, really hasn't proven to be anything other than an average joe.

This.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:44 pm

Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Loooool, I am speechless
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby starmandb » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:30 pm

Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
How does Edu have a job?

He is 23

32 for a goalkeeper

So a goalkeeper from a relegated team can still be good then ?
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:33 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
How does Edu have a job?

He is 23

32 for a goalkeeper

It could all end in tears, 32 mil for a guy who is 32 and got relegated last season, doesn't fill me with confidence we are grasping at straws.

And he is still 23 as he was yesterday and like yesterday you don’t have to pay the 32 million
Very rich Arsenal do if they choose to
No junior accountancy needed
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk