William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba (on loan - OGC Nice)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:25 pm

theHotHead wrote:I think it was perfectly acceptable to target winning the CL in 3 years, was it an aggressive timeline ? Of course, but nothing wrong with being ambitious.

Look at our starting point, 8th but should really have been 6th, with the additions to the squad we made we should have been battling for a top 4 spot. Once qualified for the CL had Arteta shown the ability to beat the top teams (like he has in the Premier League) we would've had a shout at winning the CL. I don't think it was a preposterous idea.

Pep Guardiola needed to 10 years to make a CL final without Messi. I don't know what this charlatan told Willian, but 3 years is pure delusion. It is as stupid a promise as a 50 foot steel wall on the border with Mexico.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:23 am

aniym wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I think it was perfectly acceptable to target winning the CL in 3 years, was it an aggressive timeline ? Of course, but nothing wrong with being ambitious.

Look at our starting point, 8th but should really have been 6th, with the additions to the squad we made we should have been battling for a top 4 spot. Once qualified for the CL had Arteta shown the ability to beat the top teams (like he has in the Premier League) we would've had a shout at winning the CL. I don't think it was a preposterous idea.

Pep Guardiola needed to 10 years to make a CL final without Messi. I don't know what this charlatan told Willian, but 3 years is pure delusion. It is as stupid a promise as a 50 foot steel wall on the border with Mexico.

Didn't they start building the wall? Thought they had
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:39 am

Yeah got to say getting to the CL final considering where we were and his experience is far fetched, the guy had never even proved he’s a good manager, as it turns out he’s proved he’s not now.

When you make bold statements like that and then perform like that you really make yourself look ridiculous.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:02 am

I can't criticise Arteta for being ambitious, why take the job if you don't have confidence in your abilities.

Arteta "could" become a very good manager, he went off the rails which is why I want him gone. If he gets back to basics and cuts out the nonsense he could become the Arteta that I thought he could be and that would put Arsenal on course for competing for the big trophies.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:52 am

There’s confidence and then arrogance, saying you’re going to win it within 3 years when you’ve never managed is ridiculous, it looks even more ridiculous now given how badly he’s done.

Say you’ll have us competing again in 3 years but to get to the CL final is a bit far fetched.

I think he’s a terrible manager and will never amount to be a good one, might have been a good assistant (Pep seems to have done ok without him though), but that’s completely different to management.

Very few assistants become top managers, I don’t see anything special in Arteta, seems to copy others ideas, doesn’t seem to settle on a first 11, very stubborn and can’t spot talent.

For me this could well be his one and only job at a top club, I think he’ll flop again if he manages to find another job, but don’t think it could have turned out much worse for us, not only is he not this world beater the people that hired him thought, he doesn’t even look like a half decent manager!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:05 pm

theHotHead wrote:I can't criticise Arteta for being ambitious, why take the job if you don't have confidence in your abilities.

Arteta "could" become a very good manager, he went off the rails which is why I want him gone. If he gets back to basics and cuts out the nonsense he could become the Arteta that I thought he could be and that would put Arsenal on course for competing for the big trophies.

The problem is he doesn't have the philosophy to win.

He's a control freak who's trying to play creatively and it doesn't work, you can't expect expansive, expressive football when you try and bark orders at your players trying to control them like its FiFA.

I actually think Arteta would do better with a defensive formation and philosophy, that suits his character more and so the players he has will respond better.

I think that's why he did decent with the 3-4-3 and organising it that way, the last Chelsea game and Utd game come to mind.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:38 pm

theHotHead wrote:I can't criticise Arteta for being ambitious, why take the job if you don't have confidence in your abilities.

With a blow football team cos he is full of wind.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:33 pm

Blow football, not heard that for fooking years! Used to love that as a kid.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Re: William Saliba

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:13 pm

This can't be happening if true?

Arteta is going to loan him out again!!!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/21/arsenal- ... -14804558/
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:47 pm

No way, that’s 3 of his 4 year contract on loan, is this a joke?

No one with an ounce common sense would do this.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:49 pm

Can't be true
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:51 pm

Lol

Arteta is a joke
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:This can't be happening if true?

Arteta is going to loan him out again!!!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/21/arsenal- ... -14804558/

Not his signing, not his player.

He needs Ben White to win the Champions League y'know.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:35 am

Going to be fun seeing him humiliate Arteta a second time.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:54 am

Has to be personal
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk