Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby VCC » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:14 pm

Arteta the broom man can not wait for the last sweep , Himself !
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:01 pm

Goonerz, you proved nothing to nobody..

Had your argument been Ozil is over the hill you probably would've got some traction, but when you fail to acknowledge all that he has done and his past achievements, you act like someone with a personal vendetta. Its not healthy bro.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:34 pm

Just want to put this out there as someone who has represented at several sports,
PAST ACHIEVEMENT IS EXACTLY THAT
PAST!!!
every sport person of note will know that at some time your day expires worth wise, you can then transition to having a place as a mentor or coach or manager but playing days are gone.
Fans hold onto what they may have been but the reality is that player no longer exists at that level for any worth while amount of time to be of value unless they morph into other area as said.
Few years ago I tried racing again it lasted half a race meeting the brain was I thought up to it, I thought the body would be the one that wouldn't do the job, fitness was good apart from the few long term injuries from past, truth was combination of brain no longer having the killer instinct and hunger along with a slower body combined to an utter waste of space.
In my prime i looked at guys racing and said i would never compete like that, awful technically and not competitive that what i had become, my mrs and boy said after two races what are you doing out there I said retiring !!!!!
Was like a boxer too old getting schooled in the ring, I got off before I hurt myself or someone else.
And Imo that was where Ozil was in the EPL.
He may do ok in a slower easier league but not the PL
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goonerz » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:03 pm

theHotHead wrote:Goonerz, you proved nothing to nobody..

Had your argument been Ozil is over the hill you probably would've got some traction, but when you fail to acknowledge all that he has done and his past achievements, you act like someone with a personal vendetta. Its not healthy bro.

Sorry Hothead. But I don’t care about gaining any traction. I just say it like I see it. I am not in the business of trying to be fake in order to fit in. “Fake it till you make it” type of play. :biggrin:

And my critique of ozil was indirect, mostly targeted towards you lot. It felt like I was always arguing with Trump supporters that try to shout / wish REALITY away. I felt like you guys had built this little ozil bubble and were fighting tooth and nail to protect it. You had become so dug in and defensive that it was absolutely impossible for you to even entertain any slight constructive criticism toward him. That’s how bad it had gotten.

To be honest, me being blunt always got people into their feelings, sensitive, emotional and triggered all the time. Meltdowns. :biggrin:

I am a straight shooter. I don’t play fanboyism or favouritism on many things.

I don’t care about how much respect or adoration I have towards an individual. If their flaws are highlighted I will agree with them. Will not try to hide them and only concentrate deflecting. For example, I really respect and love wenger but that has never stopped me from pointing out that he was poor, stagnant, dinosaur, stale manager since 2006 to 2017.
That’s the difference between me and some of you. You do a lot of favouritism / fanboyism when it comes to certain individuals you personally rate or like. You will play mental gymnastics, come up with all sorts of excuses in order to cover for their flaws. But at the same time show so much hypocrisy when it comes to analysing other individuals you don’t rate or like. No objectivity in most cases.

And it’s not a vendetta against Ozil. You label it that way because you don’t like it and it goes against your already set presuppositions. You feel like it’s some sort of personal attack on him and you.

People had been dunking on Wenger from 2008-2017, to this day. But I don’t see you saying they have a vendetta against him.

Giroud was always blamed and pummelled from all angles to the day he left Arsenal. And still people blame him for us not winning the Title in 2015/16. Was driven out of the club. You have never defended him apart from only blaming him. Don’t see you labelling it a vendetta against him.

Xhaka has been absolutely disrespected, called all sorts of names, sworn at, cussed at in the stadium. His family attacked on his social media etc. But you’ve never given him as much protection like you did for the best No10 in the world.

Mustafi etc. You never labelled it a vendetta.

That’s why I find it difficult to take some of you seriously when it comes to you criticising anyone else (Managers or players).
I just see double standards. That’s all..

But @Jay has surprised me. That last time I was here before being banned in December / January, he was so toxic towards Arteta. I get back a month ago and he had done a complete U-turn, now he is the top advocate for Arteta? Wow. Can’t believe it :biggrin:
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Paddy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:53 pm

Goonerz wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
But @Jay has surprised me. That last time I was here before being banned in December / January, he was so toxic towards Arteta. I get back a month ago and he had done a complete U-turn, now he is the top advocate for Arteta? Wow. Can’t believe it :biggrin:

its not genuine.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:20 am

Paddy wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

its not genuine.

;)
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby ag6789 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:43 pm

A good pre-season, couplevof good buys and a positive start will get Arteta more leverage coming season. The important thing that separates him from Unai is his general relationship with majority of the squad members. Unai lost the dressing room and that spelled his doom.
Hopefully this season there will be less influence/interference from senior players( some of them being gone) and the team can settle down better, especially the younger bunch, and be more focused.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:54 pm

ag6789 wrote:A good pre-season, couplevof good buys and a positive start will get Arteta more leverage coming season. The important thing that separates him from Unai is his general relationship with majority of the squad members. Unai lost the dressing room and that spelled his doom.
Hopefully this season there will be less influence/interference from senior players( some of them being gone) and the team can settle down better, especially the younger bunch, and be more focused.

Emery with a demoralized squad - 8th place

Arteta with a happy, settled squad - 8th place, twice

I'm hoping for the best, but I don't think a full pre-season is going to change much. Arteta's 'system' is well understood now. Defending is more important than scoring. We are bidding £40m for a CB while we still have no replacement for Ozil or Willian.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ag6789 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:10 pm

Those could all be an eye wash.
There have been links to Neves from Wolves and even Bernado Silva, who wants to leave. Maybe they don't want to alert other competitors hence keep everything low key.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:53 pm

ag6789 wrote:Those could all be an eye wash.
There have been links to Neves from Wolves and even Bernado Silva, who wants to leave. Maybe they don't want to alert other competitors hence keep everything low key.

Neves will be a Xhaka/Ceballos replacement, not Ozil/Willian. Signing him won't change how we play.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ag6789 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:59 pm

But Bernado Silva will. If we get both Neves and Silva, our midfield problem is solved. 6 attacking players, Auba, Laca, Martinelli, Pepe, ESR, Saka will have enough fuel to ignite the opposition.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:02 pm

If we get Messi and Ronaldo, our strikers are sorted
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:19 pm

We won’t get Silva in a million years, the guy will have his pick of teams if he decides to move on and he won’t pick us, even more so if Villa come in for him as well!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:22 pm

aniym wrote:
ag6789 wrote:A good pre-season, couplevof good buys and a positive start will get Arteta more leverage coming season. The important thing that separates him from Unai is his general relationship with majority of the squad members. Unai lost the dressing room and that spelled his doom.

Emery with a demoralized squad - 8th place

Arteta with a happy, settled squad - 8th place, twice

I'm hoping for the best, but I don't think a full pre-season is going to change much. Arteta's 'system' is well understood now. Defending is more important than scoring. We are bidding £40m for a CB while we still have no replacement for Ozil or Willian.

No it won’t change anything, he’s given it his best shot, has had full support and some decent players (some of which he discarded before giving them a chance) and still all he could get is 8th.

The guy is very definition of average, nothing he’s done is anything but that, except for the football which is even worse.

The signings he’s after are right either, White at CB when that’s not a priority is a shocker, the guy is obsessed with the defence!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:34 pm

ag6789 wrote:But Bernado Silva will. If we get both Neves and Silva, our midfield problem is solved. 6 attacking players, Auba, Laca, Martinelli, Pepe, ESR, Saka will have enough fuel to ignite the opposition.

I remember the days when we were linked with B. Silva and Raheem Sterling LOL

We're not signing anybody near their caliber. If it costs £50m to sign Ben White, how can we possibly get bigger names?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk