Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 09, 2021 8:26 pm

Özim wrote:Got a win today, trouble is the season is done and it matters little.

He had his chance, failed and now needs to go, few actually want him here.

Every point matters - even if we fail to catch Spurs, going into next season we need to end with wins.

HUGE game next week against Chelsea.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 09, 2021 9:15 pm

We're 9th place.

The season is done and no European place next year, freaks talking about us maybe getting to 7th mathematically, yeah, that equation is reliant on us winning every game and the teams above us losing every game.

Which isn't going to happen, shocking season, worst in Arsenals history since the mid 90's, Lego head has truly fked us.

The way his decisions fell apart over two legs to Villarreal were abysmal, beating a relegated WBA while we're in 9th place does not make up for an entire trashed season.

Those who think that way are fans who scrape the bottom of the barrel, even Spurs fans wouldn't stoop so low, being king of the bottom half of the table is apparently what some fans count as important.

Makes a mockery of us as a club.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 09, 2021 9:30 pm

theHotHead wrote:Jay, apply your argument that the players are not good enough, tell me how we were so shit in 2 legs against Villareal but we looked decent vs Newcastle and we won today. What were the differences?

Could be that we played 2 teams low on quality but, I think the most obvious reason are the 2 horrendous changes in tactics for both Villareal matches. We had the no striker/false 9 tactic then we had the 4-1-4-1 tactic where that failed miserably.

2nd leg vs today - the players, 100%.
They are not consistent and that has been the case for many years.

Look at the goals today.
Pepe cuts in and smashes it in the top corner, Auba had the same chance from the other side and didn't strike it properly.
ESR gets in the box and finishes with confidence, against Villareal he missed his chance
Free kick today executed really well - on Thursday, no.

Chances can be missed of course, but this team is chalk and cheese from week to week in terms of execution and also some really basic play.

That was the only difference between today and Thursday - the player's ability to execute in key situations.

1st leg against Villareal was different - it was a bad error tactically to play a false 9 - but I wasn't talking about the first leg.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby elkanofan » Mon May 10, 2021 2:41 am

I'm shocked Arteta is still here. WBA have been certain for relegation since February so despite the two nice goals it means nothing, season is long over and we have 0 to play for. big fat zero.

Must leave immediately, as soon as possible. we need a new manager to start again next season. The only excitement we will get with Arteta next season is potentially a relegation scrap since we will be bottom half at best once all of our best players look to move on this summer. What's keeping them here?

We are 9th for a reason and we have been midtable pretty much ALL SEASON because we do not have a competent manager to get us to at least challenge for top 4 like we should.

The fact he is still here sadly confirms why we are banter club number 1 in the league right now, we aren't serious just like Arteta is only serious about his hair gel, makeup and matchwear. He looks the part, but he just isn't good enough to be the part. He quite blatantly lacks the respect of many of the players and lacks the experience an expertise to get the best out of them consistently.

I think the only thing i have left to say for the next few weeks is 'Has he left yet?' and 'What taking these idiots so long to sack him?'
Last edited by elkanofan on Mon May 10, 2021 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Mon May 10, 2021 3:46 am

:lol:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Mon May 10, 2021 4:35 am

Angelito wrote:

Mikel, do you regret pee-ing on the pavement?
Oh no, I regret the pavement being below my pee.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Mon May 10, 2021 5:54 am

Angelito wrote:

His support for substandard players whose performance are littered by mistakes is embarrassing.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Mon May 10, 2021 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Mon May 10, 2021 6:24 am

Stubborn fool. Saka looked way better at LB and that's probably the best he's played in weeks. Once he switched to LW he hasn’t as effective.

WBA were terrible and didn’t press us high up the pitch. Allowed our defenders to wall the ball out there players just back off ours into they were in a deep block.

But....besides the opposition being crap, he made some tactical shifts that helped us.

Went back to a 4-2-3-1 double pivot with a Elneny and Ceballos. None of this 4-1-4-1 nonsense as seem on Thursday..

He stopped messing around ESR's position and played him where he's been best all season in the 10 role.

Started Saka as LB.

Switched Pepe to RW instead of LW.

Small adjustments we probably should have made on Thursday. Unbelievable that he still thinks we missed Xhaka at LB.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Nuggets » Mon May 10, 2021 6:29 am

Angelito wrote:

You couldn't make that up could you, the man is a clown self-first second etc :BangHead:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Mon May 10, 2021 6:54 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:Got a win today, trouble is the season is done and it matters little.

He had his chance, failed and now needs to go, few actually want him here.

Every point matters - even if we fail to catch Spurs, going into next season we need to end with wins.

HUGE game next week against Chelsea.

As I always said for me after the disastrous form in the league left us nowhere, the EL was what he needed to win, he failed to even get to the final.

Realistically we’ll probably end up where we are now in the table this season and that’s a nothing position, winning games at the end of the season has no impact on the following season.

Truth is Arteta should not be in charge, he’s not delivered and even if he won the next 3 games he’s still failed as he’d have achieved nothing tangible.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby VCC » Mon May 10, 2021 6:56 am

Simply after those comments
f**k off will you
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 10, 2021 7:12 am

3 seasons in the EL and unable to win it, I cannot believe what has become of us. The teams in this comp at this level we used to eat for breakfast in the CL

Yes yes yes, we lost the odd CL tie against opponents that we shouldn't have, but by and large we used to beat them for fun.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon May 10, 2021 7:18 am

theHotHead wrote:3 seasons in the EL and unable to win it, I cannot believe what has become of us. The teams in this comp at this level we used to eat for breakfast in the CL

Yes yes yes, we lost the odd CL tie against opponents that we shouldn't have, but by and large we used to beat them for fun.

But, we didn't have this clown as a manager then did we.
Nuggets

Postby Paddy » Mon May 10, 2021 7:33 am

we gave him a full season and he's finishing ≈10th with no trophy

what other proof do we need? he's not up to the job.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Salibatelli » Mon May 10, 2021 8:24 am

What I find ironic is Emery had a bad run and got the sack, yet this guy has consistently been poor in the league and has delivered the worst seasons in over 25 years and yet he stays in the job. Emery must feel really good after Thursday as he got his own back, knocked us out, got to a final and outsmarted his replacement, he was treated badly by this club, he may not have been the right man but he deserved better in his time here.

As I said before they wanted this guy in before Emery and clearly it’s not about results as his results have been dreadful.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk