Joe Willock

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Joe Willock (on loan - Newcastle United)

Postby Godlop » Fri May 07, 2021 10:39 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:Dear god. To think we don't play the way a manager wants lol

Has he specifically said don't score goals? No I doubt it. Has he said keep the ball and possession and wait for a chance to come? Yes probably. And if that chance never comes? Then we keep on pass pass pass.

Not hard to understand. It's like talking to a child lol

I'd have thought this day, last night and well last 2 years would have been humiliating enough for you.

Me:
...and you think that is because Arteta tells them not to try and score?
Interesting point of view.

You:
He is the manager is he not?
Why else do they play that way?

Me:
I see.
So you do actually believe Arteta is telling the midfielders not to play it forward and not to score.

You:

This Arteta love in you have is a new one.
So please tell me why we are playing that way

All pretty clear.
Thanks for your "insight" but I'll pass - and thanks for also backtracking (second time for you today - you are learning)

:lol:

Well obviously he isn't telling that to the players but our central midfielders are clearly instructed to not get into the box, which results in less goals from midfield.

Players like Xhaka, Partey, Ceballos and Elneny wouldn't score many goals from midfield anyway but I feel under Arteta we miss at least 10 goals combined from them.
Last edited by Godlop on Fri May 07, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Fri May 07, 2021 10:40 pm

I don't think he gets it.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 07, 2021 10:58 pm

Ach wrote:I don't think he gets it.

You said it even after being asked for confirmation.
I am glad you backtracked on your idiocy.

It was quite amusing.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 07, 2021 11:01 pm

Godlop wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:Dear god. To think we don't play the way a manager wants lol

Has he specifically said don't score goals? No I doubt it. Has he said keep the ball and possession and wait for a chance to come? Yes probably. And if that chance never comes? Then we keep on pass pass pass.

Not hard to understand. It's like talking to a child lol

I'd have thought this day, last night and well last 2 years would have been humiliating enough for you.

Me:
...and you think that is because Arteta tells them not to try and score?
Interesting point of view.

You:
He is the manager is he not?
Why else do they play that way?

Me:
I see.
So you do actually believe Arteta is telling the midfielders not to play it forward and not to score.

You:

This Arteta love in you have is a new one.
So please tell me why we are playing that way

All pretty clear.
Thanks for your "insight" but I'll pass - and thanks for also backtracking (second time for you today - you are learning)

:lol:

Well obviously he isn't telling that to the players but our central midfielders are clearly instructed to not get into the box, which results in less goals from midfield.

Players like Xhaka, Partey, Ceballos and Elneny wouldn't score many goals from midfield anyway but I feel under Arteta we miss at least 10 goals combined from them.

Something like that yes.
I suspect it is more that he tells his players to be careful and go for the attacking pass forward or get into the box if they are sure it's on.
The players then don't really make the right decisions and miss the opportunities, preferring the safe pass. A little bit of fear mixed with lack of talent for some.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby billie86 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:43 am

Will it matter who we buy? Why has Joe willock looked like a different player at Newcastle? He's scored more goals there than he has in about 2 seasons here.
Our tactics must be atrocious as they don't get the best out of any of our players, our whole midfield has contributed on a par with Sheffield uniteds when it comes to shots/goals.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Paddy » Sat May 08, 2021 8:59 am

Says a lot when our players are shining at other clubs away from the clutches of arteta.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Power n Glory » Sat May 08, 2021 9:11 am

billie86 wrote:Will it matter who we buy? Why has Joe willock looked like a different player at Newcastle? He's scored more goals there than he has in about 2 seasons here.
Our tactics must be atrocious as they don't get the best out of any of our players, our whole midfield has contributed on a par with Sheffield uniteds when it comes to shots/goals.

I think they tend to hide him in wide areas and he doesn't have the responsibility of progressing the ball forward or playing in the striker. He's able to ghost into pockets of space to score goals. We've used him as a 10 or one of the two CM's in a double pivot and that's just not his game if we're struggling to retain possession or create chances. Not sure how we'd use him. Maybe a 4-3-3 and he's one of the CM's.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Sat May 08, 2021 9:50 am

Jesus Christ, young kid who can’t get in our team is sent on loan to get football and improve. Kid improves or at least made himself more attractive to buyers...somehow that is mikels fault as well?

The club have done the exact right thing with willock, no we either get a better player come back or 20m+ from selling what we thought was a shitter.

Win win, stop crying.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sat May 08, 2021 7:33 pm

billie86 wrote:Will it matter who we buy? Why has Joe willock looked like a different player at Newcastle? He's scored more goals there than he has in about 2 seasons here.

Sheffield Utd midfield has 3 premier league goals
Ours has 8
Saka 5
Odegaard 1
Xhaka 1
Elneny 1
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Angelito » Sat May 08, 2021 8:11 pm

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Sat May 08, 2021 8:51 pm

Santi wrote:Jesus Christ, young kid who can’t get in our team is sent on loan to get football and improve. Kid improves or at least made himself more attractive to buyers...somehow that is mikels fault as well?

The club have done the exact right thing with willock, no we either get a better player come back or 20m+ from selling what we thought was a shitter.

Win win, stop crying.

It's ridiculous isn't it...
The state of some our fans.
Not a single one of them was crying out for Willock to start when he was here.

I am sure if they stubbed their toes in the morning getting out of bed, they'd blame Arteta.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Dejan » Sun May 09, 2021 8:35 am

Angelito wrote:

Great work.

Hopefully Everton comes around and offers 40m lol
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Sun May 09, 2021 8:37 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Santi wrote:Jesus Christ, young kid who can’t get in our team is sent on loan to get football and improve. Kid improves or at least made himself more attractive to buyers...somehow that is mikels fault as well?

Win win, stop crying.

It's ridiculous isn't it...
The state of some our fans.
Not a single one of them was crying out for Willock to start when he was here.

I am sure if they stubbed their toes in the morning getting out of bed, they'd blame Arteta.

It must be Aerteta's fault that I can barely walk never mind run due to sciatica. It just has to be his fault.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 09, 2021 8:42 am

THIS!!!!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 09, 2021 8:43 am

Paddy wrote:Says a lot when our players are shining at other clubs away from the clutches of arteta.

Exactly this.

But but but, the players are shit, the manager is not the problem. Jokers.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football