Mesut Özil (10)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:09 am

theHotHead wrote:Its a big grey area. Football reasons means anything, it does nothing to explain a damned thing. What are these football reasons, be a man and give details. Or is it most likely the case that Arteta is full of shit and he knows his reasons are wank!!


Manager says a footballer isn't doing the business at playing football - fanboy says give us another reason? .... maybe the fanboy is full of shit and he knows his reasoning is wank!?
EliteKiller
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby swipe right » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:50 am

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Its a big grey area. Football reasons means anything, it does nothing to explain a damned thing. What are these football reasons, be a man and give details. Or is it most likely the case that Arteta is full of shit and he knows his reasons are wank!!


Manager says a footballer isn't doing the business at playing football - fanboy says give us another reason? .... maybe the fanboy is full of shit and he knows his reasoning is wank!?

Same manager buys Willian who is two months older than Ozil, significantly worse and gives him a three year deal. Footballing reasons. Sure.
swipe right
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2834
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:24 am

swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Its a big grey area. Football reasons means anything, it does nothing to explain a damned thing. What are these football reasons, be a man and give details. Or is it most likely the case that Arteta is full of shit and he knows his reasons are wank!!


Manager says a footballer isn't doing the business at playing football - fanboy says give us another reason? .... maybe the fanboy is full of shit and he knows his reasoning is wank!?

Same manager buys Willian who is two months older than Ozil, significantly worse and gives him a three year deal. Footballing reasons. Sure.


Fanboy gets upset and compares Ozil to Willian - so let's see how 'significantly worse' that looks

Ozil 2018-2020 EPL goals and assists - 4 goals 3 assists
Willian 2018-2020 EPL goals and assists - 12 goals 14 assists

But - but - but Ozil won the World Cup in 2014 ..... :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Now Willian is crap and a terrible signing, but in the last two years he was soooooooooo much better than Ozil, great comparison.
EliteKiller
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 am

Well I completely disagree, Willian is a great signing and improved us massively!

20/21
Willian - 3 assists
Ozil - 0 assists

That's a huge improvement, imagine where we'd be without that extra productivity.
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 38024
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby swipe right » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:51 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Its a big grey area. Football reasons means anything, it does nothing to explain a damned thing. What are these football reasons, be a man and give details. Or is it most likely the case that Arteta is full of shit and he knows his reasons are wank!!


Manager says a footballer isn't doing the business at playing football - fanboy says give us another reason? .... maybe the fanboy is full of shit and he knows his reasoning is wank!?

Same manager buys Willian who is two months older than Ozil, significantly worse and gives him a three year deal. Footballing reasons. Sure.


Fanboy gets upset and compares Ozil to Willian - so let's see how 'significantly worse' that looks

Ozil 2018-2020 EPL goals and assists - 4 goals 3 assists
Willian 2018-2020 EPL goals and assists - 12 goals 14 assists

But - but - but Ozil won the World Cup in 2014 ..... :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Now Willian is crap and a terrible signing, but in the last two years he was soooooooooo much better than Ozil, great comparison.

How many minutes did each play?
swipe right
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2834
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:27 pm

swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Its a big grey area. Football reasons means anything, it does nothing to explain a damned thing. What are these football reasons, be a man and give details. Or is it most likely the case that Arteta is full of shit and he knows his reasons are wank!!


Manager says a footballer isn't doing the business at playing football - fanboy says give us another reason? .... maybe the fanboy is full of shit and he knows his reasoning is wank!?

Same manager buys Willian who is two months older than Ozil, significantly worse and gives him a three year deal. Footballing reasons. Sure.


Fanboy gets upset and compares Ozil to Willian - so let's see how 'significantly worse' that looks

Ozil 2018-2020 EPL goals and assists - 6 goals 4 assists
Willian 2018-2020 EPL goals and assists - 12 goals 13 assists

But - but - but Ozil won the World Cup in 2014 ..... :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Now Willian is crap and a terrible signing, but in the last two years he was soooooooooo much better than Ozil, great comparison.

How many minutes did each play?


Who cares? It's what they do for the club that matters .... siting on your arse posting internet crap, that's not worth 350 pence a week let alone 350k .... if Ozil was playing like he did five years ago then none of our last three managers would have binned him - he isn't and they did.

But as you asked, and just to show that you really don't know -

2018-20 EPL Willian played 4,714 minutes and provided a goal or an assist every 188 minutes -

2018-20 EPL Ozil played 3,191 and provided a goal or an assist every 319 minutes ....

Your argument is looking more like a Swiss cheese with every post .....................
EliteKiller
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:21 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Its a big grey area. Football reasons means anything, it does nothing to explain a damned thing. What are these football reasons, be a man and give details. Or is it most likely the case that Arteta is full of shit and he knows his reasons are wank!!


Manager says a footballer isn't doing the business at playing football - fanboy says give us another reason? .... maybe the fanboy is full of shit and he knows his reasoning is wank!?

So YOU - hater - got "for footballing reasons" to mean "footballer isn't doing the business" :rofll:

It could mean a plethora or things, one of which could be "footballer does not fit the system desired".

But your blind hate of the player makes you INCAPABLE of seeing things clearly. Blinded by hate ... and you call ME a fanboy :rofll:
User avatar
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9526
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:46 pm

theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Its a big grey area. Football reasons means anything, it does nothing to explain a damned thing. What are these football reasons, be a man and give details. Or is it most likely the case that Arteta is full of shit and he knows his reasons are wank!!


Manager says a footballer isn't doing the business at playing football - fanboy says give us another reason? .... maybe the fanboy is full of shit and he knows his reasoning is wank!?

So YOU - hater - got "for footballing reasons" to mean "footballer isn't doing the business" :rofll:

It could mean a plethora or things, one of which could be "footballer does not fit the system desired".

But your blind hate of the player makes you INCAPABLE of seeing things clearly. Blinded by hate ... and you call ME a fanboy :rofll:


footballing reasons doesn't mean footballing reasons - only you could make that argument - a case of fanboy strikes again

I don't hate Ozil just think he's been pretty shit for us for three years whilst costing us 60 million in wages which we could have far better used on a decent player ... if seeing things clearly means you think he's been great value for money ... well there's not much anyone can say.
EliteKiller
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:46 pm

You what?

You are holding on to "footballing reasons", like a drunkard holding his cider bottle. You then equate it to meaning Ozil was not good enough or performing, which is a perfectly valid reason. But you fail to grasp that "footballing reasons" covers a plethora of things"

I gave you an example of another perfectly valid footballing reason that Ozil may not be playing, you dismissed it and accused me of being a fanboy. You pleb!

So let's get this straight, I acknowledge there are a multitude of valid reasons Ozil is not playing, and that makes me a fanboy. You acknowledge just a single reason and think that makes you right.

Then have the audacity to make strawman arguments. Who said Ozil has been value for money? Nobody has ever said Ozil was worth £350k per week, even when he signed da ting.
User avatar
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9526
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Angelito » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:03 pm

I don't get why some of you are defending Arteta's decision to exclude Ozil. He's not been obvious about it. The club hasn't fed any such explanation to the media.

Whenever asked, Arteta always has a diplomatic answer. He's talked about footballing reasons. That would make sense if we didn't have Willian, Xhaka, and the likes. It would be relevant if we were performing well this season.

He could have pulled off a Conte or a Mourinho and simply stated that Ozil isn't the player he thinks he is anymore, and if you're not Messi or Ronaldo, you simply have to work hard for the team and prove yourself every day. Klopp's words btw.

He could have added that Ozil hasn't shown such a conviction, nor is he the same Ozil he was, so either he buys into what the team needs, or he is free to leave.

He hasn't said it. The club has been mysterious about the whole thing.

If Pep Guardiola came to Arsenal, banished Ozil, and found himself struggling to challenge for Europe, the same questions would he asked. And, Pep has won it all.

Ozil isn't the future of Arsenal. Arteta is. There's more to worry about Arteta's own abilities and man-management skills than find solace in slating a player who won't be here next season.

All of this is merely deflecting. Today, Ozil is the scapegoat. Tomorrow, it will be Pepe or Aubameyang. Nobody wins here.

During the Wenger years, people had an inherent right to defend Wenger because of his legacy. Arteta isn't Wenger.

Ozil doesn't even play. Yet, since we've started winning games, the vitriol has been deflected back to him.

None of this helps Arsenal. The worry is Arsenal itself doesn't want to help Arsenal.

There's nothing more to this. The club brought this on itself.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 29130
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:22 pm

Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 33806
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Ach » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:21 pm

Legend
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18855
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:36 pm

theHotHead wrote:You what?

You are holding on to "footballing reasons", like a drunkard holding his cider bottle. You then equate it to meaning Ozil was not good enough or performing, which is a perfectly valid reason. But you fail to grasp that "footballing reasons" covers a plethora of things"

I gave you an example of another perfectly valid footballing reason that Ozil may not be playing, you dismissed it and accused me of being a fanboy. You pleb!

So let's get this straight, I acknowledge there are a multitude of valid reasons Ozil is not playing, and that makes me a fanboy. You acknowledge just a single reason and think that makes you right.

Then have the audacity to make strawman arguments. Who said Ozil has been value for money? Nobody has ever said Ozil was worth £350k per week, even when he signed da ting.


You just make up what suits your argument .... you can "acknowledge there are a multitude of valid reasons" all you want, truth is they are only in your fanboy brain.

Arteta has repeatedly said "footballing reasons" - the ONLY thing anyone can take from that statement, is that he's not playing for "footballing reasons" for "footballing reasons" he's been dropped from the squad ... that's it footballing reasons nothing else. Pretending there are a "plethora of things" thus only applies in your head .... footballing reasons means simply footballing reasons.

Ozil footballing wise has become a one trick pony, he can only play as an attacking number 10 with zero defensive attributes, a position made almost redundant under Arteta, his lack of contribution over the last two years doesn't deserve a place in the squad.

On the plus side the board have at last shown some balls - if you want to leave now you can forget about getting paid another 7.5m - so now it's 100% down to the desire for money. Ozil can stay playing keyboard warrior at Arsenal's expense, or he can go play football somewhere else ...
EliteKiller
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby swipe right » Yesterday 12:18 am

Angelito wrote:I don't get why some of you are defending Arteta's decision to exclude Ozil. He's not been obvious about it. The club hasn't fed any such explanation to the media.

Whenever asked, Arteta always has a diplomatic answer. He's talked about footballing reasons. That would make sense if we didn't have Willian, Xhaka, and the likes. It would be relevant if we were performing well this season.

He could have pulled off a Conte or a Mourinho and simply stated that Ozil isn't the player he thinks he is anymore, and if you're not Messi or Ronaldo, you simply have to work hard for the team and prove yourself every day. Klopp's words btw.

He could have added that Ozil hasn't shown such a conviction, nor is he the same Ozil he was, so either he buys into what the team needs, or he is free to leave.

He hasn't said it. The club has been mysterious about the whole thing.

If Pep Guardiola came to Arsenal, banished Ozil, and found himself struggling to challenge for Europe, the same questions would he asked. And, Pep has won it all.

Ozil isn't the future of Arsenal. Arteta is. There's more to worry about Arteta's own abilities and man-management skills than find solace in slating a player who won't be here next season.

All of this is merely deflecting. Today, Ozil is the scapegoat. Tomorrow, it will be Pepe or Aubameyang. Nobody wins here.

During the Wenger years, people had an inherent right to defend Wenger because of his legacy. Arteta isn't Wenger.

Ozil doesn't even play. Yet, since we've started winning games, the vitriol has been deflected back to him.

None of this helps Arsenal. The worry is Arsenal itself doesn't want to help Arsenal.

There's nothing more to this. The club brought this on itself.

Prior to becoming Arsenal manager Arteta had the same amount of managerial experience as you and I do. I couldn’t give a hoot what he says. We are sitting in the lower half of the table and he’s going around banishing players the club is paying through its nose for and it’s not just Ozil. Yet jackasses seem to be eager to justify his decision.
swipe right
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2834
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby EliteKiller » Yesterday 1:00 am

swipe right wrote:Prior to becoming Arsenal manager Arteta had the same amount of managerial experience as you and I do. I couldn’t give a hoot what he says. We are sitting in the lower half of the table and he’s going around banishing players the club is paying through its nose for and it’s not just Ozil. Yet jackasses seem to be eager to justify his decision.


Internet poster living in his basement claims same level of experience as a professional footballer who has successfully completed all his coaching badges and who has had three years experience as the assistant manager with a title wining side - yup that seems about the same.

Arteta may be a first time manager but he's forgotten more about professional football than you will ever know (or are you Wenger in disguise?)
EliteKiller
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Nuggets and 10 guests