Mesut Özil (10)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 am

theHotHead wrote:All jokes aside I have no idea, but it must be something significant. I read an article somewhere that spoke about gangland/underworld links in football and that they have been there for years, but this is the first time it has prevented players from taking to the field.

So I absolutely don't believe it is some chump(s) trying to car jack Ozil I think it is something far more sinister, I couldn't tell you what, but in a way actions speak louder than words. This is unprecedented, players missing games indefinitely, wives leaving the country in fear.

If you are right it sounds like an extremely serious situation, where there may be significant risk of violence.

And yet despite you believing all of this, you disagree with my suggestion that they should be kept away from the rest of the squad, the training ground and the stadium.
Phil71
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby indy23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Obviously any threat to a person or their family is serious but how serious is this? Very disturbing
indy23
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:39 pm

All I know is, if this is more than a Moped car jacking (although the cowardly backing off doesn't suggest serious individuals) then I have one question ........... what the fk are C.I.D doing?

Sitting on their arses?

Seriously, I've noticed services in general have been dropping in levels for the last 10-15 years in general, but its getting so stupid now its unreal.

We have women coppers who can't physically apprehend a criminal without getting a beat down, too many metro sexual types in positions of responsibility who just aren't serious enough people and complete apathy from the old guard as their attitude now is "Well its all going to hell and no one lets us do our jobs anyway so ..... fk it".

Its literally becoming law of the jungle on the streets at the moment which is weird to me because you can't fart in public these days without it being caught on camera so I wonder where the people today get their bottle from?

Example, a kid where I live stabbed another guy in a que for a nightclub on the main street where its littered with cameras, I mean how fkin stupid do you need to be, obviously he's been arrested named and prosecuted ........... absolute lemmings these days.
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:All jokes aside I have no idea, but it must be something significant. I read an article somewhere that spoke about gangland/underworld links in football and that they have been there for years, but this is the first time it has prevented players from taking to the field.

So I absolutely don't believe it is some chump(s) trying to car jack Ozil I think it is something far more sinister, I couldn't tell you what, but in a way actions speak louder than words. This is unprecedented, players missing games indefinitely, wives leaving the country in fear.

If you are right it sounds like an extremely serious situation, where there may be significant risk of violence.

And yet despite you believing all of this, you disagree with my suggestion that they should be kept away from the rest of the squad, the training ground and the stadium.

I don't think there is MORE risk of violence than there was in the Gerrard situation. No I don't think there is much risk to the public, its not like there are guys spraying bullets drive-by style, I think the attacks on Ozil and Kola will be targeted and direct. An attack on the street gives the perps an easy escape option, going to the stadium or the training ground doesn't.
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:28 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby indy23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:57 pm

Great news. Glad they are allowed back. As a critic of ozil I have to say he looked ready this preseason and I'm sure he was motivated by the positive moves in the summer as well. Hope him and kolasinac are at least on the bench this weekend. With that recent news from the block 26 Emirates group I'm sure an ozil kolasninac sightings will give the fans a boost and decent pop.
indy23
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:07 pm

from todays Guardian "Özil missed training on Wednesday through illness,"

dude does this multiple times every year. seems his immune system is not up to north london.

cos it seems rare we hear of anyone else missing through illnes. or maybe my memory is farked?
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Ozil missing training due to "illness" is like when girls skip PE because of "menstrual cramps".

Invincibles Never Die
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:45 pm

I heard Ozil is leaving in January.
We've got our Arsenal back
jayramfootball
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BS221B » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:55 pm

jayramfootball wrote:I heard Ozil is leaving in January.

from gooney's sources?
BS221B
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fenice » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:46 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Ozil missing training due to "illness" is like when girls skip PE because of "menstrual cramps".

I like Mesut, but to be fair, some of my exs have horrible periods. One went to the hospital over it. Mesut isn’t going to any doctors for his illness.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Ozil missing training due to "illness" is like when girls skip PE because of "menstrual cramps".

That's sexist! :rolleyes:

Some women/girls go through incredibly painful periods. Plus, in general, women are weaker during their periods.

I think Vava might have just mansplained. Hahahahahaha.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby immsun » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:24 am

Hope Ozil plays tomorrow.

Pepe laca Auba
Ozil

Dayum
immsun
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Phil71 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Poor ickle Mesut pwobly got a coldy woldy.

Pity uncle Arsene isn't here to make him all snuggly wuggly in de beddy bye byes and make it all go away.
Phil71
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:05 pm

I was reflecting that it wouldn’t be beyond the bounds of credibility, looking at the sums involved, that certain people at the club have realised that it’s going to be virtually impossible to offload Ozil, so gone another route.

Imagine for one moment that they have contracted the murkier elements of London society to effectively run him out of town? Clearly putting a (surplus to requirements) friend (Kola) in the mix would reduce the chances of discovery.

It would save the club millions and get rid of a big problem! Would make a good book if not!
Rockape
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk