Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Zedie » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:46 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:The team is getting better with every game. The team appears fitter and more energetic. People jumped the gun and said Emery did not have a clear distinctive style but its getting apparent with every game we play that he is not only producing results but is also doing so with Swagger.

Remember the in-depth criticism he was getting after City & Chelsea lol Nothing has changed, I can't see the difference, same old arsenal".

Even if we do lose v a proper tuned up team, we've still made some proper progress in such a short space of time.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:58 am

bE cAreFuL WhAt YoU wIsH fOr

Emery has turned us around in such a short period of time. It's refreshing to see hope and excitement around the club again.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Zenith » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:46 am

Passion

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:16 am

Santi wrote:Let's see, a loss against Liverpool and any average result to follow that and opinions will quickly change...we're the most fickle bunch of fans I swear.

Happy enough, still disagree about a distinctive style (@ AF) other than this lure them in 1st half - pump em 2nd half thing. Torreira makes a big difference but still work to be done at the back, like Pud says maybe the returning players will give us a decent back line.

At least it seems the bad luck of the last 5 years is all coming back in one big good karma shot this season, amount of chances the other teams are missing is f***ing hilarious to watch.

1) Playing out from the back

2) Quick transition from bottom of midfield, Torreira always looks to play that early forward ball

3) Fluid movement, good tempo and attacking in numbers.

4) Much better use of fullbacks. Bellerin was outstanding yesterday despite the own goal. Our full backs are being used as a potent attacking threat.

What is suspect is our defence and organization at the back. We have a good attacking setup where players know their roles.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:23 am

and.......for me most importantly, Elneny has played no part this season. He was exactly the type of player that embraced the possession/pass sideways system we played. I used to scream at the telly when Kos and Merts used to pass it around the back for five mins, eventually passing to Elneny and then getting it back again........AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH Just thinking about it!

You need to attack and if you lose possession, you then need to defend and win the ball back, so you can attack again.....which is what we are now doing. Its a massive difference and I'm loving it!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:31 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Santi wrote:Let's see, a loss against Liverpool and any average result to follow that and opinions will quickly change...we're the most fickle bunch of fans I swear.

Happy enough, still disagree about a distinctive style (@ AF) other than this lure them in 1st half - pump em 2nd half thing. Torreira makes a big difference but still work to be done at the back, like Pud says maybe the returning players will give us a decent back line.

At least it seems the bad luck of the last 5 years is all coming back in one big good karma shot this season, amount of chances the other teams are missing is f***ing hilarious to watch.

1) Playing out from the back

2) Quick transition from bottom of midfield, Torreira always looks to play that early forward ball

3) Fluid movement, good tempo and attacking in numbers.

4) Much better use of fullbacks. Bellerin was outstanding yesterday despite the own goal. Our full backs are being used as a potent attacking threat.

What is suspect is our defence and organization at the back. We have a good attacking setup where players know their roles.

This !!!

We are like night and day! The differences are massive and we do the same thing every game, not sure how anyone can't see Emery's stamp on this side with largely the same players.

As a long time Arsenal fan I am actually excited about the matches, I am nervous during games, I have not been emotionally attached to football for at least 4 years but the love has returned. Win or lose, doesn't matter, we made a change, changes take time to bed in, I am happy, Emery has changed what blatantly needed to be changed and I think for many of us, all we wanted to see was us making an effort, we don't expect to win all the time but we expect us to make an effort as a club.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:36 am

Zenith wrote:Passion

Love it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Well I won't be.

If we lose to Liverpool so what? if we lose to a better team but actually beat all the teams we're supposed to then that's better for our points this season.

What's the point of nicking the odd game against a Chelsea or Liverpool if we then go on to lose or draw 4-5 games where we're the heavy favourite? points wise its not about the one game.

As long as we give Liverpool what for and play hard and competitive then what more can we ask for, we can't expect Emery to beat a team which Klopp has had years of training and investment when Emery has just walked through the door.
But as long as he has them prepared to go for it and our big hitters, actually no, the whole team stand up and be counted ........... then what will be, will be.

We will improve.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:56 pm

The man is doing the business that's all that counts.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Theoretical 114 points to be had each season. If we lost home and away to the other so-called top teams thats still 84 points, we would be there or thereabouts for the title.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:19 pm

theHotHead wrote:Theoretical 114 points to be had each season. If we lost home and away to the other so-called top teams thats still 84 points, we would be there or thereabouts for the title.

There's a big difference between there and thereabouts
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Pudpop » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:22 pm

UFGN wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Theoretical 114 points to be had each season. If we lost home and away to the other so-called top teams thats still 84 points, we would be there or thereabouts for the title.

There's a big difference between there and thereabouts
Doesn't matter for this season. 84 points would be our highest since 2008, tied highest since the invincibles. More than enough progress for one season
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockape » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:36 pm

Its a nice idea winning all our away games against 14 lower ranked clubs. I think we should do as our Manager has stated .......take one game at a time and enjoy the ride! Let not get ahead of ourselves. :dizzy:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:13 pm

It does go some way to show that the results against the top teams will not determine our finishing position for the most part. We finished on 63 points last season, I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that we will pick up something against Man U, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea, we should've beaten Chelsea after all.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:11 pm

I think if we could avoid losing against top five and keep winning against lower teams we have a good shot at the title.
Sooner or later Liverpool and Spurs with their gung-ho high press style will lose momentum, with injuries and fatigue. The challenge will be against Chelsea and ManCity, who are more balanced teams capable of playing at different gears. ManCity little above Chelsea. Now, Chelsea have Hazard, William and Kovacek, who are versatile players, but their skrike force is poorer w.r.t. us. If we keep Pace with them, we might be able to turn tables on them at Emirates. Against ManCity, we will need some luck, and hope their hot strikers and stellar midfield lose some form.
We might need to park the bus ( very unlike Wenger) and try to hit them on the break.
I think, Emery is trying to motivate the current squad to reach their potential, which had stalled under Wenger. We might be surprised by the previous fringe players like Iowbi and Holding at the end of the season. Promising, for sure.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football