Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:04 am

LMAO wrote:Yeah, he didn't say anything we don't already know.

Sounds like he just misses Ligue 1's atmosphere - a bit like moving out of your parent's home and missing your mom's cooking, but that doesn't mean you wanna move back.

Perfect comment to a word!!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:05 am

BS221B wrote:If he doesnt like the atmosphere here, he is free to go back to Lyon. I will gladly take back big Ollie Giroud.

Oh ffs!! Who let dis guy back??? :BangHead:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:27 pm

Giroud is dogshit
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:40 pm

Santi wrote:Giroud is dogshit

The time has actually come similar to Wenger Inns toward the end that fanboying on Giroud has actually become trolling.

Some may say that for a long time critic of Giroud like me, that it would be some sort of victory, in actuality its worse.

At least at his peak there was a discussion to be had, I always used to say, "Yeah he scores, he's good for a goal, but he'll never be that 2-3 goal striker we used to have and I don't like his lamp post big man in the middle style of striker", that used to be the conversation.

Now .......... its just a complete joke.

For the past season including this one his goal tally for a 1st choice striker is abysmal beyond belief, he's not even scored this season, and now his defenders are running for shelter claiming "Well its not all about goals".

Freaks.

Its like the Wenger Inns, they had dug themselves in so deep they just couldn't admit when it had all gone south and it was time, someone who is blatantly wrong but just cannot bring themselves to admit it ..........is the very definition of a fool.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:56 am

At least Welbz wins the ball back - when he is not scoring :rofll:

Imagine being trolled by Welbz :lol:

Never been a fan of Giroud and I never will be, just another in a long line of sub standard centre forwards that Wenger signed.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:53 am

Laca and Giroud are two completely different types of player.
Laca has improved over the last 3-4 matches - he had to. He's got better at holding the ball up and bringing others into play, but he does it in a different way to Giroud. With Giroud, the ball can be played in the air and he'll do a job at winning the 50/50s. With Lacazette, you can forget it - for him the ball needs to be played to feet, where he is decent at controlling it and holding it long enough to link play.

Laca is correct about the atmosphere in PL stadiums - it's sterile. Money has ruined the league here. It's about as atmospheric as going to the cinema. English fans went from being the loudest and most involved to the worst in the world. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that PL football is utterly boring, unless you are watching your own team.

Generally I think Laca has done enough to be our #1 striker. Welbeck and Auba should be battling for the 2nd striker position and right now I would put Welbeck in. Aubu seems to be better off the bench.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:07 am

As big as Girpud was he was not strong at all, often falling on the floor when the ball was pkayed up to his feet. He was not mobile either. Laca may not be a threat in the air but is far more mobile and I would argue that we didn't play the aerial game so we didn't take advantage of Giroud's height anyway.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Giroud was decent. Problems I had with him were:

1) He was not good enough to win you a title as the primary striker (his goal scoring drought the year LCFC won the title is a very good example).

2) He was not very mobile and thus killed a lot of our buildup.

3) Wenger did not play to his strengths by delivery high number of crosses. His aerial game is his strength, unfortunately this team did not know how to deliver crosses.

As far as him in the French team, GIroud wouldnt be starting if Deschamps did not hate Benzema so much.

And frankly, Giroud wouldn't be starting for them if not for Wenger insisting with Giroud all these years and him playing for Arsenal. This is why Laca came to a club like Arsenal. There is a difference between playing for a club like Lyon and a club like Arsenal. If Giroud had been playing for Lyon and Laca for Arsenal, Laca would be on that French national team.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:41 pm

^ Also, don't forget the longest goal drought in the history of world football in 15/16, without which we would have most likely won the title.

No player in Prem history has created as many clear-cut chances as Ozil had in 15/16.

Thinking about 15/16 makes me so sad. It's such a catastrophic failure but since we had been immune to it because of Wenger, it doesn't even feel like one.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:04 am

Emery wanted to sign Lacazette when he was at PSG.

"The first year when I arrived in Paris, we were thinking about signing Lacazette. We liked his quality and his characteristics also at PSG. And all the people working there they said to us, this is the player [who has] the quality to play at PSG," Emery said. "[But] he was playing at Olympique Lyon, and it's not easy to sign one player from Olympique Lyon to Paris."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/stor ... tte-to-psg
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:55 pm

I remember when some didn't want him cos all he apparently did was score penalties lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Losmeister » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:27 pm

also would like to point out how he comes back hard to about the halfway line and made touch passes thhat ended up be beautiful team goals.. that link up play.. nice..

and also the ball slid into mesut after mesut dummied was every bit as perfectly weighted as ozils slide rule to bellerin.. an absolute gem
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fenice » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Did anyone else feel he was being fouled to all hell during the game? He didn’t have a great game, but they looked to be all over him.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:55 pm

Fenice wrote:Did anyone else feel he was being fouled to all hell during the game? He didn’t have a great game, but they looked to be all over him.

100% they were getting away with murder.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Redix » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:53 pm

Remember when we had Giroud playing up front? Bad days
Redix
Patrick Vieira

PreviousNext

Return to World Football