Season 2018/19 - Fan feeling

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Whats the feeling like amongst Gooners for the upcoming season?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:00 am

Very excited - new manager, new team, new start
48%
Quite excited - new manager but same players
22%
Meh - new manager but long road ahead
30%
Not excited - same players and uninspiring signings
No votes
Depressed - manager has no Prem experience and players are dead
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: Season 2018/19 - Fan feeling

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:42 am

Arsene Nose wrote:Tragic that we won 3 FA cups and 6 top four finishes in that period. Liverpool and Spurs fans must be suicidal since they’ve won nothing in that time frame and rarely made top four. Oh well...agendas as you say.

But Liverpool have won the Champions league and just made a CL final.

Under Wenger Spurs went from our whipping boys to beating us in the table for the first time ever, we were regressing because Wenger refused to adapt.

In 10 years we've not won any major trophies and couldn't even make a EL final.

Yes the FA Cups are fine, but those aside we were definitely getting worse not better.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:52 am

Arsene Nose wrote:Tragic that we won 3 FA cups and 6 top four finishes in that period. Liverpool and Spurs fans must be suicidal since they’ve won nothing in that time frame and rarely made top four. Oh well...agendas as you say.

Frankly I can't say Spurs and Liverpool are better than us. All that I can say is they are on the up. They are better than they used to be. Maybe they haven't won anything yet, but have shown great progress and it's promising. Will they win anything in near future? I don't know. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But the possibility is there.
And what about us? I don't think many fans believe that we can win the championship or CL if we do not change. And I also believe that we are not only haven't made any progress, but have been regressing in the last few years. Some wise man said that doing the same thing but expecting different results is crazy. This saying exactly fits our club.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Here is what we do know as fact.
1. Since the last time we won the league only three clubs have won it (notwithstanding Leicester’s fluke). All three have outspent us like crazy. You have to buy the league. It can’t be done any other way.
2. While spurs and pool are on the up, their best season in a decade is what we used to get during a lean year I.e. top four and no trophy.
3. We have declined. There is no question of that.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:20 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Here is what we do know as fact.
1. Since the last time we won the league only three clubs have won it (notwithstanding Leicester’s fluke). All three have outspent us like crazy. You have to buy the league. It can’t be done any other way.
2. While spurs and pool are on the up, their best season in a decade is what we used to get during a lean year I.e. top four and no trophy.

We spent more than Pool and Spurs - so being above them was expected. What about now ??
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:29 pm

theHotHead wrote:

We spent more than Pool and Spurs - so being above them was expected. What about now ??

What you say is true and cannot be disputed.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:34 pm

theHotHead wrote:

Final nail in Arsene nose coffin.

Rip
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Pudpop » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:45 pm

Imagine saying 'ignore that season Leiecester won' as if Wenger didn't hand the league title to them.

Leiecester only had 81 points that season, a ridiculously low points total. And yet we haven't scored that many points since 2008
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:12 pm

Yeah why even bother?

Does Real or Barcelona just say "Oooh Barca spent £50m more than us this window, lets just forget it"?
No they don't do they, Pool got to the CL final, did they outspend City, PSG etc?

Your just peddling excuses, there are multiple comps to win .......... like the Europa which we failed to even get to the final, Wenger couldn't even win the B -Europa cup.

The one we were apparently too good for.

Seriously Arsene Nose can you not just move the fk on? Wenger is not coming back, neither are his mediocre players so just stop already.

Every thread I see is you battling it out with AFC fans arguing for a dead regimes cause, why are you even here supporting Arsenal, surely you should just be waiting for Wenger's next appointment and jump ship?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Pudpop wrote:Imagine saying 'ignore that season Leiecester won' as if Wenger didn't hand the league title to them.

Leiecester only had 81 points that season, a ridiculously low points total. And yet we haven't scored that many points since 2008

I like this logic. I want to try

Completely ignore the city, Utd and Chelsea wins since we won it last, you don team need to spend to win it. Just good management.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Just stop feeding it ffs

Srsly are all your trolldars busted?

Just ignore it
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:40 pm

UFGN wrote:Just stop feeding it ffs

Srsly are all your trolldars busted?

Just ignore it

Its true but the reason its difficult is the sheer gall, we had Wenger for 22 years, Emery hasn't even played one game yet and they can't even let us have pre-season with peace.

Quite frankly its a fkin liberty but yes, it should be ignored.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Feeling optimistic. Defense will be tightened -that's the feeling we get from potential new buys. Think forward line will be potent, with the in-house weaponry. Only doubt lies with the midfield. Ozil not in good shape, being benched by Lowe, and Iwobi, pretty useless for Nigeria. Need replacement for Wilshire, and acquire a effective Defensive midfielder. Maybe we should look inwards for the latter, instead of buying one.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:38 pm

If Torreira is a hit in the premier league, we’ll have a very good midfield. A lot rests on him fitting in. Also, not sure what’s happening on the defense side with Soyuncu and Sokratis not having signed yet. Would feel much better once a CB signs on.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk