Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby coach8smallball » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:We really screwed up with this player.

I would never sanction paying so much for a player without a detailed job description, what does this guy actually do apart from just be a body in midfield?

If we had Torriea & N'Zonzi with Ramsey that would be such a better midfield.

but that left leg tho
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby realtalk » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:27 am

Manoban wrote:Behrami carried him tbh. Should've gotten a yellow in the 1st 10 mins, would've probably been send off if he did

The game blew by him whilst he ran around playing catch up. I have no interest and no love for players you have to carry. Players that need protection to play ,players that have other players sacrifice their game to suit one guy cause he can pass nice and play his game. Its pathetic. Tactical seppuku.

I have for all my life watching & playing (Got a 7's tourny saturday,) detested dlp's & classic 10's, one player responsibility to just create, all this protecting ,covering ground for them is weak and just puts you at disadvantage off the bat.Its 60-40 to opposition with those players. You give up attack's and territory on top of your accelerating a players route to injuryville.

No idea why and how this guy got an extension. Should be shipping him out. I can only assume Unai is gonna get him to play like motta did at PSG. Just one miscalculation imo Unai not respecting how quick the EPL is. Im actually banking on elneny taking this guys place soon. Who knows if it works Unai might make it work :dontknow:
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:59 am

I can't believe we've given an extension to Xhaka. He's been very mediocre for the vast majority of his time at the club. Why does he deserve an extension? I cannot understand it.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenalthebest » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:27 am

PairyGrows wrote:I can't believe we've given an extension to Xhaka. He's been very mediocre for the vast majority of his time at the club. Why does he deserve an extension? I cannot understand it.

I don't see the problem, may not of deserved it, but what if he has a great season under our new manager, everyone will be eager for him to then sign an extension. Its not like we can't sell him if he has another poor season.
Arsenalthebest

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Arsenalthebest wrote:
PairyGrows wrote:I can't believe we've given an extension to Xhaka. He's been very mediocre for the vast majority of his time at the club. Why does he deserve an extension? I cannot understand it.

I don't see the problem, may not of deserved it, but what if he has a great season under our new manager, everyone will be eager for him to then sign an extension. Its not like we can't sell him if he has another poor season.

I'm sorry but "what if he has a good season?" has never been a good justification for a contract extension. Also, we may not be able to sell him if he flops for yet another season. He's on big wages, after all.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:10 pm

:hail:
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Just turned on

Gave the ball away

Scores a banger

Classic Xhaka

Has to go
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:18 pm

I'm not sure I've seen a harder strike in years. What a f***ing banger.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 pm

That tek on a spinning ball tho

Wand of a left foot
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:09 am

Great strike but why did that Bosnian defender just dive out of the way of the ball?
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:22 am

Arsene Nose wrote:Great strike but why did that Bosnian defender just dive out of the way of the ball?

Because he's not an icon.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:53 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:Great strike but why did that Bosnian defender just dive out of the way of the ball?

Sigh....
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:51 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

:rofll:

Vava - you made my day. Now I will go happily about my work with a big grin on my face
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:59 am

:lol:
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:15 am

Switzerland played Serbia and not Bosnia. It's better not to confuse the two people as there are serious on-going political tensions between the two sides. One of them (Serbia) committed genocide against the other group (Bosnia) as recently as the early 90s. I'm sure both groups of people would object to being improperly labeled.

As evident by both goal celebrations and the overall emotion of the game, you could tell this was a political match. Many Swiss players are Kosovan, another country having border disputes with Serbia hence why both Shaqiri and Xhaka did the Albanian Eagle celebration. It's a flag that Serbia still refuses to recognize. Now, if Emery really wanted to get some mettle out of the team, he'd bring a Serbian player in. Tensions would really be hot in that locker room with both Kolasinac and Xhaka having had their childhoods ruined by Serbian paramilitary forces.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to World Football