Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:38 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Wilshere a club icon, looool.

he is icon for the chavs.......they relate to him and see him as one of their own

I think I've actually missed you.

i didnt know ___>
"The Oxford English Dictionary defines chav as an informal British derogatory, meaning "a young lower-class person who displays brash and loutish behaviour and wears real or imitation designer clothes".

that does seem like jack
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Manoban » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:25 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:Can anyone link me that image of the collection of headlines saying " this season is make or break for Wilshere" for every season for like the last 8 years?

my old signature

its lost
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Jedi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Manoban wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:Can anyone link me that image of the collection of headlines saying " this season is make or break for Wilshere" for every season for like the last 8 years?

my old signature

its lost

Now that you've said it i do remember always seeing it as a signature. Shame that it's lost.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Smartly Dressed Morris » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:29 pm

Arsenalthebest wrote:Not that bothered he has decided to leave, I have never rated him. Never really liked his style of play either whenever I've seen him play, he seemed to always make these dashing runs past a few players and then fall over.
To those calling him a club icon, wtf!
I consider a club icon someone who puts in brilliant performances week in week out.

I agree with you , over at Arsenal mania they are crying like Thierry Henry has just left the club. The Wenger fan boys still in full effect :dizzy:
Smartly Dressed Morris
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:29 am

It’s quite sad that the social media fan base doesn’t understand what it means to be a club icon. Mark Noble is a hammers icon. He’s not the greatest player in their history, not a premier league legend but he’s one of their own.
I suppose this is what happens when you follow 3-4 clubs on th internet at the same time.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CaptGooner » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 am

Arsene Nose wrote:It’s quite sad that the social media fan base doesn’t understand what it means to be a club icon. Mark Noble is a hammers icon. He’s not the greatest player in their history, not a premier league legend but he’s one of their own.
I suppose this is what happens when you follow 3-4 clubs on th internet at the same time.

But the social media fan base are the ones upset about Wilshere leaving :doh:
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:25 am

Arsene Nose wrote:It’s quite sad that the social media fan base doesn’t understand what it means to be a club icon. Mark Noble is a hammers icon. He’s not the greatest player in their history, not a premier league legend but he’s one of their own.

By your logic wasn't Kieran Gibbs an Arsenal icon?

He came up through our ranks and made more appearances than Wilshere.

Also, he made a goal line clearance against Hull when we were already 2-0 down in the Final, 3-0 would have been curtains.

He's contributed to the club more than Wilshere has, so if anything he is a bigger "icon" according to your definition.

Were you lamenting when we sold him?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:35 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Also, he made a goal line clearance against Hull when we were already 2-0 down in the Final, 3-0 would have been curtains.

He's contributed to the club more than Wilshere has, so if anything he is a bigger "icon" according to your definition.

Gibbs moved from Wimbledon to Arsenal. Not that it matters and I do respect him. Jack is unique in the modern era where he came from the catchment area and became a first team regular who’s career had a setback by injuries. Had he stayed fit he’d be arsenal captain today and an instant starter.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:50 am

Arsene Nose wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Gibbs moved from Wimbledon to Arsenal. Not that it matters and I do respect him. Jack is unique in the modern era where he came from the catchment area and became a first team regular who’s career had a setback by injuries. Had he stayed fit he’d be arsenal captain today and an instant starter.

So because Gibbs played for Wimbledon before joining our youth team he isn't an icon but Jack is, even though Gibbs came through our youth team, played more and contributed more?

Sounds like you're just making criteria up as you go.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:20 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

So because Gibbs played for Wimbledon before joining our youth team he isn't an icon but Jack is, even though Gibbs came through our youth team, played more and contributed more?

Sounds like you're just making criteria up as you go.

+ Jack was at Luton Town before coming to Arsenal.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:36 am

I consider him an icon. You may not. At the end of the day it shouldn’t be hard to accommodate one legacy player in a 28 man squad.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:01 am

Arsene Nose wrote:I consider him an icon. You may not. At the end of the day it shouldn’t be hard to accommodate one legacy player in a 28 man squad.

Why don't you consider Gibbs an icon then?

Their career paths are virtually identical, but Gibbs actually did more for the first team.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:07 am

Arsene Nose wrote:I consider him an icon. You may not. At the end of the day it shouldn’t be hard to accommodate one legacy player in a 28 man squad.

and you are pretty much alone in that ... each to their own but your justifications have all been knocked down ...

Jack started at Luton ...

Jack missed almost 50% of matches played during his time at Arsenal ...

Jack had an abysmal goals and assists record ...

Jack focused more on being a 'Chav' than a professional footballer ...

Jack turned down a contract and needs to leave ...

Jack in the eyes of 99% of the fan base will never be an Icon ...

just let it go ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 am

Jack started at Luton. Yeah he made some bad decisions at six years of age :rofll:
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:56 am

He will always be one of our own. JACK. THE LAD.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club