Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Pudpop » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:49 am

Sims wrote:Nasri was in the top 3 City players when they first won the league with him

He was so good that year
Aguero
Silva
Toure
Zabaleta
Kompany

No way nasri was as good as them that season
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:56 am

Pudpop wrote:
Sims wrote:Nasri was in the top 3 City players when they first won the league with him

He was so good that year
Aguero
Silva
Toure
Zabaleta
Kompany

No way nasri was as good as them that season

^
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:52 am

Wilshere being likened to Terry and Rául…

People let this be a warning. When you are a member of a cult, and you're suddenly ripped from the confines of said cult, it leaves you in a very fragile mental state.

You should get counselling mate.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:54 am

Very pleased that Wilshere has been told he will not get much game time and has decided to leave.
Maybe he will be a lesson for other footballers that smoking, fighting in nightclubs and 'living the lifestyle' instead of focusing on football lands you on the scrap heap, regardless of talent.
So, get lost Wilshere - good riddance.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Wilshere a club icon, looool.

Like I said above, Arsene Nose's brain is wired differently to the rest of the world, I have no idea how he comes up with the things he does, its mind boggling, confusing, baffling, worrisome and downright bloody weird.

He has to be the strangest person on this forum, without a shadow of a doubt !!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenalthebest » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:10 am

Not that bothered he has decided to leave, I have never rated him. Never really liked his style of play either whenever I've seen him play, he seemed to always make these dashing runs past a few players and then fall over.
To those calling him a club icon, wtf!
I consider a club icon someone who puts in brilliant performances week in week out.
Arsenalthebest

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:49 am

theHotHead wrote:

Like I said above, Arsene Nose's brain is wired differently to the rest of the world, I have no idea how he comes up with the things he does, its mind boggling, confusing, baffling, worrisome and downright bloody weird.

He has to be the strangest person on this forum, without a shadow of a doubt !!!

:lol: ............not bothered about wheelchair going at all.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:51 am

Luzh 22 wrote:Wilshere being likened to Terry and Rául…

People let this be a warning. When you are a member of a cult, and you're suddenly ripped from the confines of said cult, it leaves you in a very fragile mental state.

You know what worries me though, looking at AFC's twitter saying "Lets hear your thoughts" yes there were some rational tweets but lots of them were emotional wrecks.

........... Tbf maybe that was my fault, it was Twitter after all, shouldn't of bothered reading it.

Guess we should of made Carl Jenkinson team captain if all it takes is a "true gooner" to ensure your kept?

I honestly think that half our fan base are the most pathetic creatures in world football, half of em are sound, the other half ....................?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Can anyone link me that image of the collection of headlines saying " this season is make or break for Wilshere" for every season for like the last 8 years?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:16 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:Wilshere being likened to Terry and Rául…

You know what worries me though, looking at AFC's twitter saying "Lets hear your thoughts" yes there were some rational tweets but lots of them were emotional wrecks.

........... Tbf maybe that was my fault, it was Twitter after all, shouldn't of bothered reading it.

Guess we should of made Carl Jenkinson team captain if all it takes is a "true gooner" to ensure your kept?

I honestly think that half our fan base are the most pathetic creatures in world football, half of em are sound, the other half ....................?

Jenko is like Paolo Maldini and Cafu tbh...
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Liam Brady and Graham Rix were my favourite players as a young 'un & who I mostly pretended to be (does it matter that my mates said I was more like Willy Young) when playing Wembley in the street, but the first player I truly adored and hero worshipped was Super Mac, Malcolm McDonald. Bastin, Wright, Bergkamp, Henry all deserve their place at the top of the list of our greatest strikers and why we have indeed been spoilt rotten down the years, but to me all of them would be nowhere (slight exaggeration and romanticism noted) if Super Mac didn't have knees made from papier masher which not only curtailed his goal scoring prowess but cruelly brought his career to a premature end.

Jack showed us a glimpse of a beautiful future with a fitting tagline #the future is bright..the future is Arsenal. Unfortunately, the ghost of Christmas yet to come had other ideas and a cruel sense of humour. That the potential was unable to be fulfilled due to his plethora of injuries should not detract from the talent he was, equally we have to respect that such is life and move on. That LMAO referenced Diaby is spot on, been there, done that, got the t-shirt and to me that guy should have gone on to be a great.

Perspective is too often abandoned in such emotional circumstances, so it is to a degree understandable that crass and unwarranted comments will be made. So I put it like this, if Bergkamp, Henry and Veira had all suffered the exact same injury nightmares as Diaby and Wilshire then those same people would've been saying that they too were shit overrated players, unfulfilled potential and not worth the money, time and effort to get fit and back to what they were before.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooney » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:32 pm

Palace , wolves and west ham are wt tug war for jack. One of these giants will get this great player
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:30 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:Perspective is too often abandoned in such emotional circumstances, so it is to a degree understandable that crass and unwarranted comments will be made. So I put it like this, if Bergkamp, Henry and Veira had all suffered the exact same injury nightmares as Diaby and Wilshire then those same people would've been saying that they too were shit overrated players, unfulfilled potential and not worth the money, time and effort to get fit and back to what they were before.

Well I'm as neutral as it gets, clear perspective on Jack, like the guy but am honest about his abilities.

Jack Wilshere is a good player, but he is not a great player, too often peaks then followed by a very quick drop off (like he did this season), can be pretty ineffective when he's not peaking.

The best players even off form can still be effective, this is not mentioning his consistent injuries ...............

Added and even more important ............ he was offered to stay, he turned it down.

What are we supposed to do, allow Jack to cement a 1st team slot over more consistent talented players in their prime like Torreira, Mkhitarayan etc? just because we like the guy?

People are only being a tad harsh because for so long we've been used as a soft target while getting minimal returns.

Whether its Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere whoever ......... favourites cast to the side, in this new era everyone is going to have to perform or make fkin way, that means EVERYONE.

Emery has come here from PSG prepared to deliver, if any player isn't going to fulfill that or prepare to do it or worse, can't do it, then they don't BELONG at AFC, this is not a retirement centre for fan favourites.

If Wilshere would have accepted the role Emery offered, planned to fight for 1st team and accept the fair value wage then I'd be backing him and wishing him luck .......... he turned it down seeking the easy life in a team who needs his level more ......... Emery clearly thought we needed higher talent for 1st choice and I fkin agree with him.

gooney wrote:Palace , wolves and west ham are wt tug war for jack. One of these giants will get this great player

lol
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:50 pm

he is icon for the chavs.......they relate to him and see him as one of their own
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:47 pm

gooney wrote:

he is icon for the chavs.......they relate to him and see him as one of their own

I think I've actually missed you.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club