Arsène Wenger To Step Down As Arsenal Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arsène Wenger To Step Down As Arsenal Manager

Postby theHotHead » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Any half decent manager with tactical nous > Wenger !

Pretty sure I could go all of 2018 without winning a point away as well.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:23 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Gazidis is the fkin man lol.

He's been slowly but surely undermining Wenger till he finally got him out.

I remember 2 seasons ago when he first alluded to making positive changes and Wenger shot him down, Wenger's failures have led to Gazidis getting more influence with the board till eventually he's been given the go ahead to do us all a fkin favor.

Whoever thought this dictator was going to leave early out of doing what's best for the club was deluding themselves, I called this from the off, especially when I heard what he said to the players "I have some bad news" ......... errhhh actually its great news.

Except one dictator has now given way to another. At least Wenger was a football man through and through and had a level of success to go with his claims. Gazidis is a fcking suit. We got rid of the last footballing man at arsenal. It’s now the business man and his hired gun at the wheel.

I don't believe that Gazidis is looked at firmly as an employee and organizer he has "suits" over him and they will expect him to appoint people that perform.

The issue with Wenger is he had saved them so much money and retained top 4, the suits idolized him as the right manager that can line their pockets while pretending to be a competitive club.
We're obviously not going to smash our model to bits because the suits won't allow it BUT if that's the case then we NEED a manager who is better tactically, has more competitive drive and passion to push the players he has to achieve (like what Klopp has done at Liverpool).

That's where Wenger fell off, other managers were better than him with lesser or equivalent squads, Wenger lost his way at least 6 years ago, favoring philosophy over being competitive.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Andrew » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Ralf Rangnick , f***ing Ralf Rangnick !!!!!

Hope the idiots are happy
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:43 pm

Andrew wrote:Ralf Rangnick , f***ing Ralf Rangnick !!!!!

What are you on about ?
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Ach » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:44 pm

Could be worse

We could have Wenger in charge
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
aniym wrote:Good to see the board finally grew some balls.

Gazidis: "You do know we can get Mkhitarayan and Auba from this debacle Sanchez fiasco?"

Wenger: Mkhitarayan for free swap with Sanchez yes, Auba no, I'd rather keep Giroud".

AFC Board: whispers "This mofo needs to go"

Wenger asked for Martial for Sanchez. And Mislintat said no Mkhitaryan because he knew him from Dortmund.
Gazidis chose Mustafi.
But keep believing what you want.

Martial for Sanchez would have been a brilliant move, but I doubt it could have been done as a like-for-like deal, i.e. without spending any cash on top of giving them Alexis. Not sold on Mikhytaryan at all, good player but an injury risk. Classic Arsenal in a sense.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm

We asked for Martial

Man utd said no

What else can we do?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Andrew » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:17 pm

Nuggets wrote:

What are you on about ?

Sources close to Rangnick are confirming he's headed for Arsenal
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby CaptGooner » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:35 pm

Andrew wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

What are you on about ?

Fake news is still fake
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:22 pm

I am really surprised at the level of animosity being shown towards arsenal fans. Don't get me wrong I have my issues with the rhetoric thrown at Wenger by some of the Wenger out brigade but the football community is making out like he was forced out in 2009 after just a few years after our era of success. I doubt any clubs fans would have been as patient as Arsenal fans were until they started to turn. Hell, even though it was only a minority some United fans were disgruntled after 2 seasons without Fergie and they have a reputution of being loyal stadium fans. I doubt they (or anyone else) would have lasted the 8 years or so with no trophy like our fans did before the cooker really started stirring.

Yes he won 3 FA Cups which I value but the failure to mount real title campaigns and then fall out of the top four while playing sporadic quality of football has negated that in reality because lets face it the Premier league is the bread and butter of the club and you can't just wither like we have and for it to be fine.

Only a small amount of our fans genuinely hate or have disrespect for Wenger, most of the Wenger out crew want him gone so that we can begin moving forward and kick start a new era but still respect all that he has done in the past. I for the record was always way more Wenger in than out.

The key point not being discussed in the media is that in the climate we are in now of sacking managers, where winning trophies does not keep you safe and where falling out of the top 4 should be a death sentence, Wenger has been shown a great deal of respect already in recent times by not being put under pressure to leave sooner.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:23 pm

CaptGooner wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

What are you on about ?

Fake news is still fake

This .............

And even if he was, at least unlike Wenger he'll be held to normal football club standards of delivering.

The whole problem with Wenger is that the board were too worried about losing their cash cow to set a fkin standard ........ like every other manager in football, it was an unholy marriage, Kroenke wasn't interested enough in football to risk rocking the boat, he'd rather leave Arsene as Care taker owner ........ until Wenger starting screwing up beyond reproach.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

What are you on about ?

Fake news is still fake

This .............

And even if he was, at least unlike Wenger he'll be held to normal football club standards of delivering.

The whole problem with Wenger is that the board were too worried about losing their cash cow to set a fkin standard ........ like every other manager in football, it was an unholy marriage, Kroenke wasn't interested enough in football to risk rocking the boat, he'd rather leave Arsene as Care taker owner ........ until Wenger starting screwing up beyond reproach.

Exactly. It's not rocket science

If the next manager turns out to be a flop he can f**k off as well. He'll be held accountable.

New manager must be given time and room to breath, but the job comes with expectations... that really shouldn't need spelling out.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:I am really surprised at the level of animosity being shown towards arsenal fans. Don't get me wrong I have my issues with the rhetoric thrown at Wenger by some of the Wenger out brigade but the football community is making out like he was forced out in 2009 after just a few years after our era of success. I doubt any clubs fans would have been as patient as Arsenal fans were until they started to turn. Hell, even though it was only a minority some United fans were disgruntled after 2 seasons without Fergie and they have a reputution of being loyal stadium fans. I doubt they (or anyone else) would have lasted the 8 years or so with no trophy like our fans did before the cooker really started stirring.

Yes he won 3 FA Cups which I value but the failure to mount real title campaigns and then fall out of the top four while playing sporadic quality of football has negated that in reality because lets face it the Premier league is the bread and butter of the club and you can't just wither like we have and for it to be fine.

Only a small amount of our fans genuinely hate or have disrespect for Wenger, most of the Wenger out crew want him gone so that we can begin moving forward and kick start a new era but still respect all that he has done in the past. I for the record was always way more Wenger in than out.

The key point not being discussed in the media is that in the climate we are in now of sacking managers, where winning trophies does not keep you safe and where falling out of the top 4 should be a death sentence, Wenger has been shown a great deal of respect already in recent times by not being put under pressure to leave sooner.

Your answers are: If it's the press you're referring to, fuckem they'll write anything just to have an angle on it

If it's other football fans, well how many other clubs have this club's trophy winning heritage? Not many. If you're a Newcastle fan of course you don't get it.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Regarding showing respect for Wenger, I for one became so infuriated at constantly being told that I shouldn't criticise him that I just thought, f**k off I'll say what I want cheers.

I genuinely feel he isn't worthy of respect because of his behaviour over the last 7-9 years. He's failed, lied and bullshitted his way to a ~ £100 Million personal fortune in the process

He isn't a fragile person. He's a multi, multi millionaire who should be open to critism.

I never once showed him any disrespect in any non footballing context. I don't care about his personal life, his family etc. That's none of my business. His management of AFC is my business.

In time I'm sure I will see his achievements more clearly than his failures. Now is not that time.
Last edited by UFGN on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UFGN

Postby CaptGooner » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Same people saying ‘show respect, he shouldn’t have been forced out’ are the same ones who were making fun of the club for holding onto Wenger for so long.

Just wind-up merchants at work.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk