Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:44 am

EliteKiller wrote:
ronniec wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Think you will find the term forward is older than a striker and the 2 are used interchangeably by people. I just Googled it and thats what I found, only one site suggested the 2 roles were different.

A forward is a striker and vice versa.

Striker = forward
Winger = forward
Is a Winger a striker??
Hell no.

Ronaldo says hello .... so does Bale, Robben, Hazard, DiMaria, Ribery .... even fecklin' Walnut calls himself a 'forward' ... since the turn of the century wingers have been replaced by goal scoring forwards .... get with the times ....

I just posted my previous reply then saw this :dontknow:

So I give up - its all blurred lines.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 am

And well played our man by the way, he starts, he scores !!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 am

Listen, I'm not arguing about forwards. Let's get more specific, as a center forward through the center (OR STRIKER), why would you take Sanchez over Lacazette? He's not that good there, but he amazing cutting in from the right or left.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:30 am

He plays there for Chile and is very good at it. But I would choose Lacazette in that role for Arsenal
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:39 pm

theHotHead wrote:He plays there for Chile and is very good at it. But I would choose Lacazette in that role for Arsenal

He's played for us there for whole quarter of a season, I think we've seen more than enough of him in that position to judge (not saying he did bad mind you, imo though Lacazette is a better natural striker).

Ramsey plays for Wales as a CAM and is somehow good there but is abysmal for us in that position.

Ozil is like Zidane for Germany but doesn't play that way consistently for us (I'd argue that's down to Germany having better players, manager and a better structure but who's splitting hairs)
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ronniec » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:49 pm

If one wants to argue a 4-3-3 winger is a "striker" or "not a forward"... it is okay... no big deal :)
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Quality run and assist in that 2nd goal. Absolute beast, caused them so many problems.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Anyone catch Henry's analysis of our performance? While everyone was praising Ozil and Sanchez, Henry pointed out Lacazette's run in behind, which gave space for Ozil and Sanchez to do their thing. Also pointed out that there were quite a few occasions where better midfielders would have picked out his run in behind, leading to even more chances. Very interesting, and showed how a mobile forward can be effective
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby ChrisSuperG » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:48 pm

What a wonderful sight Lacazette in an Arsenal shirt is. Them runs in behind, that movement, that skill on the ball. Man is lethal.

Speaking to Sky Sports after the game, Neville said: “If those three [Lacazette, Ozil and Sanchez] play at the level that they did against Tottenham, they’re going to win an awful lot of football matches for Arsenal. They will be a huge threat.

Olivier "Set me up 45 times a game if you want a shot on target, because i'm not gona make anything happen myself" Giroud is looking better and better on the bench. Just like it did in his first, second, third, fourth and fifth season. The shit c***. Keep it up voyeur.
ChrisSuperG
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:51 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Anyone catch Henry's analysis of our performance? While everyone was praising Ozil and Sanchez, Henry pointed out Lacazette's run in behind, which gave space for Ozil and Sanchez to do their thing. Also pointed out that there were quite a few occasions where better midfielders would have picked out his run in behind, leading to even more chances. Very interesting, and showed how a mobile forward can be effective

As opposed to an immobile lamppost like Giroud
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby rewb1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:56 pm

I think lacazette should only play at home or against big teams where there is more space. He doesnt have enough pace or power to play away from home against teams that sit deep.
rewb1
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby ChrisSuperG » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:24 pm

Lacazette set Ramsey up perfectly today with a beautiful cross that should have been a simple finish but Ramsey f***ked it up.

Didn't have the best game but then Mesut was out, nobody was feeding him.
ChrisSuperG
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby rewb1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:58 pm

ChrisSuperG wrote:Lacazette set Ramsey up perfectly today with a beautiful cross that should have been a simple finish but Ramsey f***ked it up.

yeah but every 50/50 he lost, we cant have that way from home.
rewb1
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:59 pm

How many 50/50's did Giroud win against Koln?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:50 am

rewb1 wrote:
ChrisSuperG wrote:Lacazette set Ramsey up perfectly today with a beautiful cross that should have been a simple finish but Ramsey f***ked it up.

yeah but every 50/50 he lost, we cant have that way from home.

He is a striker not a defender !! A 50/50 is just that, typically a striker will not win in a 50/50 with a defender because defenders know how to tackle, strikers don't.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to World Football