Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Jack just gets over excited in the premier league and tries to do too much. The pace and intensity leads to him making wrong decisions a few too many times. So many fans seem to be crying out for him but I seriously doubt he will be consistent enough to be truly worthy of the spot.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:26 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:I say put him in the 10 role if Ozil goes in Jan. Not like we have too many other choices.

Definitely.

I never understood why people wanted him to play deep, I think it was to try and fit him in the team at the time but he's a little guy with twinkle toes, he's never an enforcer.

Just because he has a bit of fight in him doesn't mean he's built to crunch tackles with 6'ft plus CM's.

At CAM or position behind the striker he'll get less injuries as offensive players get protected more and are around the box so defenders are more careful about the tackles they make.

Good points! It always seemed to me he does his best work around the box in those attacking areas. He doesn't have that time to think, just reacts and uses that instinct.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:58 pm

JACK THE GREATEST LEGEND FOREVER! REMEMBER!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:33 am

GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:48 am

theHotHead wrote:Wilshere running up his mouth again, about their character. You plum. You beat a team 0-1 that nobody had ever heard of, Giroud cost more than their entire team!!

So what if the crowd were raucous, if you can't beat a team of part timers you should not be playing the game.

Admittedly you can only beat what's in front of you but FFS, running a game against a joke team is hardly proof he is ready for the bigger games. Thats not to say that he isn't ready because he probably is, but this game should be scrubbed from memory.

More proof if you needed it that Arsenal should comfortably be able to win the Europa League, I said it before and I will say it again, even with reserves/kids Arsenal should be too strong for 90% of the teams in the competition.

Someone’s a bit salty. Lol :)
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:59 am

Goonerz wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Wilshere running up his mouth again, about their character. You plum. You beat a team 0-1 that nobody had ever heard of, Giroud cost more than their entire team!!

So what if the crowd were raucous, if you can't beat a team of part timers you should not be playing the game.

Admittedly you can only beat what's in front of you but FFS, running a game against a joke team is hardly proof he is ready for the bigger games. Thats not to say that he isn't ready because he probably is, but this game should be scrubbed from memory.

More proof if you needed it that Arsenal should comfortably be able to win the Europa League, I said it before and I will say it again, even with reserves/kids Arsenal should be too strong for 90% of the teams in the competition.

Someone’s a bit salty. Lol :)

Never even seen a Spurs fan this salty about the legend, Wilshere!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Love the boy its nice to have him back! Well managed comeback by Wenger also, long may it last.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cripps » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Jack Wilshere has revealed is doing his coaching badges alongside Arsenal skipper Per Mertesacker. The 25-year-old is now doing his Uefa B badge after completing the Level Two coach qualification while on loan with Bournemouth last term. (Sun)

Arsenal midfielder Wilshere, 25, has been assured of his England future by manager Gareth Southgate. (Daily Mail)

Player manager after Wenger tbh

Also Southgate lol
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:29 am

Cripps wrote:
Jack Wilshere has revealed is doing his coaching badges alongside Arsenal skipper Per Mertesacker. The 25-year-old is now doing his Uefa B badge after completing the Level Two coach qualification while on loan with Bournemouth last term. (Sun)

Arsenal midfielder Wilshere, 25, has been assured of his England future by manager Gareth Southgate. (Daily Mail)

Player manager after Wenger tbh

Also Southgate lol

Couldn't manage the proverbial 'piss up in a brewery' would be on a par with Adams .... you need intelligence to manage ... Wilshere has never given any indication that 'intelligence' is in his make up ... he's a Chav if he couldn't kick a ball he'd be on the rock or in nick .... manager? don't take the pee .......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:37 pm

A fit Jack on top of his game and playing in the number 10 role or more modern CAM, would be capable of destroying a team's defense as well as d.silva, de bruyne, iniesta, mykitaryan, de Maria, kroos, isco, hazard or any playmaker you care to mention. However, fit and at the top of his game and playing from his deep lying playmaker role he can destroy a whole team. When you come across a player who can slalom past 3 or 4 players at will and you're struggling with stop him it's never long before the argument starts as to who was supposed to be marking him etc, and once that happens...game over! In my opinion we will see the best of him when we give him the whole pitch to play from not just the last third...just give him the dm partner he deserves so he doesn't have to worry about defensive cover if he loses the ball and he will flourish and finally fulfil the potential.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:00 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:A fit Jack on top of his game and playing in the number 10 role or more modern CAM, would be capable of destroying a team's defense as well as d.silva, de bruyne, iniesta, mykitaryan, de Maria, kroos, isco, hazard or any playmaker you care to mention. However, fit and at the top of his game and playing from his deep lying playmaker role he can destroy a whole team. When you come across a player who can slalom past 3 or 4 players at will and you're struggling with stop him it's never long before the argument starts as to who was supposed to be marking him etc, and once that happens...game over! In my opinion we will see the best of him when we give him the whole pitch to play from not just the last third...just give him the dm partner he deserves so he doesn't have to worry about defensive cover if he loses the ball and he will flourish and finally fulfil the potential.

What a great way to get the little fella in hospital, play him as a deep lying midfielder which is basically an enforcer midfielder who can pass.

Do we want 5ft nothing Jack slide tackling Yaya Toures? I used to cringe watching Jack trying his little heart out at CDM making tackles bouncing around all over the place.

No, Jacks talents are dribbling and passing, you play him at CAM or just behind the offense, there in a more advanced position he'll also get better protection from the ref than deep in midfield where your not on goal.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:26 pm

DiamondGooner,
I get what your saying about defensive midfield and big strong players in the role, however, makelele, kante and deuchamps were amongst the best ever to play this position and prove mentality is often more important than physicality. In that a 28yr old Gilberto Silva or Edu would walk straight into this team and that we didn't even enquire about matic, I can only pray we finally make a concerted effort for William Carvalho, who I believe is the perfect dm to allow jack, granit, Santi, Rambo and mesut to go do their thing whilst properly screening the defense and allowing us to switch back to a back four as standard with the extra attacker or midfielder depending on the opposition. Imagine playing with 2 centre backs who don't look like crack heads needing a fix, all because there is a proper dm in front mopping up and eliminating 75-80% of our problems from the source.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Makelele was short but he was quite a strong little fker and more athletically built, more robust.

Jack is a bit too much on the feeble side, he's just got a big heart so he looks tougher than his frame allows.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:48 pm

STARTS AGAIN WITH COQUELIN!

COQUELIN HAS HIS NEW SANTI!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Maybe you see anyone playing from deep as a holding midfielder or enforcer a la Petit or Keane. I think of Xavi and Andrea Pirlo when referring to deep lying playmaker and I don't think many would call them enforcers, midfield destroyers, Orks or hard men.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club