Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby CaptGooner » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Best midfielder in the team by far.

I'd say there is an argument for attacking midfield, but not central. Too much of a liability defensively imo.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Gooney is right.

As an attacker, Ramsey is usually great. As a CM, he's usually poor. Yesterday, he was higher up the pitch than Ozil. He wasn't playing as a CM (or a CAM for that matter). He was almost a second striker. This isn't good, nor is his attitude to shoot or try to score on his own when there are other, better options available.

This squad has real issues - coaching and role distribution being the major one.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ESR10 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Sims wrote:Since his defensive contribution he had in 13/14 is gone - which is what made him quality that year - he either needs to play in a mid 3 or in one of the two behind the striker

Xhaka and Ramsey both would benefit very much from a third man in midfield. Before Wenger turned to 3 in the back, I was in favor of 4-3-3. I would give it a try, but I think we will move the problem then to our defense. Koscielny is quality, Mustafi has his shitty moments and all other CBs are inferior.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Mustafi wrote:
Sims wrote:Since his defensive contribution he had in 13/14 is gone - which is what made him quality that year - he either needs to play in a mid 3 or in one of the two behind the striker

Xhaka and Ramsey both would benefit very much from a third man in midfield. Before Wenger turned to 3 in the back, I was in favor of 4-3-3. I would give it a try, but I think we will move the problem then to our defense. Koscielny is quality, Mustafi has his shitty moments and all other CBs are inferior.

As it stands, Ozil at CM > Xhaka or Ramsey as CMs.

If we're going 4-3-3, we'd do well to follow Barca's famed 4-3-3, with Ozil in the free Iniesta role and someone like Xavi as the metronome.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CaptGooner » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:57 pm

Mustafi wrote:

Think with 4-3-3 we would need 2 midfielders willing to help out defensively. Xhaka being one, but don't see Ramsey or Ozil being the other.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ESR10 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Angelito wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

If we're going 4-3-3, we'd do well to follow Barca's famed 4-3-3, with Ozil in the free Iniesta role and someone like Xavi as the metronome.

We need to buy the two Ozil partners then.
ESR10

Postby Angelito » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Mustafi wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

Ozil - Elneny - Nianggolan

:goal1:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ESR10 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:01 pm

CaptGooner wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

Think with 4-3-3 we would need 2 midfielders willing to help out defensively. Xhaka being one, but don't see Ramsey or Ozil being the other.

I was thinking about Wilshere or Ox as the third midfielder. If Cazorla ever got fit, then him surely. Not ideal, I know, but probably better than what we have now
ESR10

Postby ESR10 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:03 pm

Angelito wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

Ozil - Elneny - Nianggolan

:goal1:

ElNeny hasn't enough tackles in him imo. We could do better. Nainggolan is the dream :cloud9:
ESR10

Postby gooney » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Cech
Bellrin. Mustafi. Koscielny. Kolasinic
El nenny. Xhaka. Ramsey
Ozil. Lacazette. Sanchhez

Thats our best team. But wenger aing gonna change formation again. Took him 20 years to go from 4 in the back
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:19 pm

asked for 4-3-3 for the last 3 years, wenger is a moron. he's too busy covering up our shit defence to manage to cover up our equally shit midfield.

in fact I think our cbs are less shit than our CM when all are fit - kos and musti can largely handle themselves...at least as well as this back 3 have been doing lately.

put 3 in midfield and get that extra man back, the only reason for not doing it was cos u lose Ozil in his CAM slot but now we've moved him anyway ffs.

:dontknow: :dontknow:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:24 pm

4-3-3 would certainly be interesting to see... anything bar the 4231 shitshow.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby gooney » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:57 pm

Massa wrote:4-3-3 would certainly be interesting to see... anything bar the 4231 shitshow.

But nothing will change for ramsey. He may decide to become even more attacking if he knows 2 midfielders are behind him. It could easily become 4-2-4
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:59 pm

I thought he was our best player yesterday, even if that's not saying much.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Not seen the game yet but I saw this tweet going about. Is Ramsey back to his old tricks again?

MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football