Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sanchez (7)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:21 am

Tony_Adams wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:We made an approach for Bale .... you can guess how that went !!!!!!!!!

5m + Gibbs?

Did you forget the one extra pound?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:59 am

Nuggets wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Nuggets wrote:If the guy wants to go we should just let him, its not his fault if he wants to win trophies.

Yeah, he came from Barcelona which has never won a trophy and now stuck at Arsenal, such a poor soul and innocent bloke he is..Wish every footballer is as innocent as he is

Anybody can make a mistake, it's not good having a player who wants to be elsewhere though is it?

Ideally, we should sell Sanchez for ~50 million pounds.

Buy Mahrez and a quality CM.

But we should not find ourselves in a situation where we sell Sanchez and ending up with nobody as his replacement.

So what we should do is, get a replacement in first and then Sanchez not the other way around.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:01 am

Is anyone seriously arguing Sanchez made a mistake joining us?

He knew exactly what he did. Our trophy drought wasn't anything new, the first game he watched, he saw Sanogo play.

Btw, if Sanchez didn't know Arsenal would win a lot less than Barcelona, he should join the same mental asylum Wenger should
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:23 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Nuggets wrote:If the guy wants to go we should just let him, its not his fault if he wants to win trophies.

Yeah, he came from Barcelona which has never won a trophy and now stuck at Arsenal, such a poor soul and innocent bloke he is..Wish every footballer is as innocent as he is

Anybody can make a mistake, it's not good having a player who wants to be elsewhere though is it?

Ideally, we should sell Sanchez for ~50 million pounds.

Buy Mahrez and a quality CM.

But we should not find ourselves in a situation where we sell Sanchez and ending up with nobody as his replacement.

So what we should do is, get a replacement in first and then Sanchez not the other way around.

I have little doubt we wont bring anyone in once Alexis leaves.
So far we have brought in an FB who looks like a CB and is going to get skinned in the PL and sent off regularly, and a forward who looks average in every regard... whilst almost certainly losing our star player. Looking like a typical transfer window for Wenger.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Dejan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:32 am

Angelito wrote:If we sell Alexis, we'd need to buy a winger AND a CM. If we keep him, a CM would do, or in Wenger's world, a pack up.

It's an easy choice for Arsene.

I dont think we are even in for a CM
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:33 am

Arsene Nose wrote:So what exactly happened in December? Did the players confront Alexis? I'm not clued in on this rumor. Somebody please fill me in.

Makes me laugh that Arsenal players, the laziest and least caring players in PL football, would have the temerity to question a player like Alexis - a player that actually gives his all and wants to win.

I guess they didn't like the fact he works so hard and was making them look bad... having to keep up was sapping their energy for parties and exotic holidays.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:46 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:So what exactly happened in December? Did the players confront Alexis? I'm not clued in on this rumor. Somebody please fill me in.

Makes me laugh that Arsenal players, the laziest and least caring players in PL football, would have the temerity to question a player like Alexis - a player that actually gives his all and wants to win.

I guess they didn't like the fact he works so hard and was making them look bad... having to keep up was sapping their energy for parties and exotic holidays.

Remember when he told the Ox.....Oh no my friend, I passed you the ball, you have a cup of tea, you wait... and then you shoot. :rofll: Fair play by the Ox for sharing the incident.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:23 am

Arsene Nose wrote:It's amazing. When we sold Van Persie the anti-Wenger crowd tore into him for not forcing RVP to see out his contract. Now that he seems to have adopted that stance with Sanchez, the same folks are shitting their pants and saying sell before he leaves on a free. Sanchez must be forced to stay. There is no 50-60 mil replacement out there for him. We should keep Sanchez and strengthen other areas like CM this season and then when he leaves on a free next season blow our entire transfer budget on a top quality forward.

I think you will find most of the furore surrounding the RVP transfer was who Wenger sold him to .... not the fact he was sold
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:30 am

theHotHead wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:It's amazing. When we sold Van Persie the anti-Wenger crowd tore into him for not forcing RVP to see out his contract. Now that he seems to have adopted that stance with Sanchez, the same folks are shitting their pants and saying sell before he leaves on a free. Sanchez must be forced to stay. There is no 50-60 mil replacement out there for him. We should keep Sanchez and strengthen other areas like CM this season and then when he leaves on a free next season blow our entire transfer budget on a top quality forward.

I think you will find most of the furore surrounding the RVP transfer was who Wenger sold him to .... not the fact he was sold

That's true. I conveniently forget things that are negative to Wenger. It's a medical condition called Wengeritis.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BexleyGooner » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:53 pm

Back on Sunday.

If he is gonna go, just work hard to get new signings in asap and keep him for the first three league games as they are toughies.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby MesutOzil11 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:11 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:Back on Sunday.

MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:11 pm

First training session for Arsenal or City?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:20 pm

I hope he doesn't forget shit like this.

Goosebumps!

MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:34 pm

MesutOzil11 wrote:I hope he doesn't forget shit like this.

Goosebumps!

Did anyone else get a chuckle when the commentator goes "..that's what he is all about.." and it ends up in a bad pass. :biggrin:
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:12 pm

MesutOzil11 wrote:I hope he doesn't forget shit like this.

Goosebumps!

Wenger should have been sacked for what he did (or refused to do) in the summer of 2015. The arrogance of that man is what's put us in this situation regarding Alexis.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club